Night Shift job

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2006 9:11 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 8, 2003
132 posts

Night Shift job

I'm trying to find a night shift position.. somewhere around Aurora, Newmarket, Richmond Hill area, or Durham Region. But I'm having some troulbe finding anything that I could just walk right into on monster.ca or workopolis. lots of nurses, and chemist positions.. but I'm just looking for general stuff.

I'd really like to find something thats Sunday night through thursday night.

Any ideas?

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
What type of night shift job are you looking for?

I'm sure there should be some general labour jobs in warehouses/factories that have a night shift with openings.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
afaik most "night shift" jobs are stuff like security guard, janitor, etc. I'm pretty sure security guard/watchman is #1. if that's what you want, then you should probably look at the websites for the various security companies.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1327 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Scholastic and Pearson publishing's warehouses are in the area, you probably can give them a try.
Apr 10, 2006
281 posts
1 upvote
Home Depot at Red Maple & High Tech rd near Yonge/Hwy 7 had a lot of positions open for night shift about a month ago. If it's not to far for you, I would suggest going in or calling to see whats still available.
Oct 17, 2004
444 posts
8 upvotes
Winnipeg
just an aside..wouldn't it be great if we (humans) didn't require sleep or much sleep? i would jump at the opportunity of working 2 full time jobs or whatnot. I know that there are people who can do this (and don't sleep)..more power to them.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
For about 6 months, I worked 11 hour shifts 7 days a week on top of a part time retail job, and dragonboating. Let me tell you, it takes its toll :razz: burn out after that and take 2 weeks totally off to recover.
Apr 10, 2006
281 posts
1 upvote
Jayhoo wrote:For about 6 months, I worked 11 hour shifts 7 days a week on top of a part time retail job, and dragonboating. Let me tell you, it takes its toll :razz: burn out after that and take 2 weeks totally off to recover.
That's insane :razz: For 6 yrs I held a full time job M-F 8-4 pm then went to a part time job T-F 4:30-8pm and Sat 9-3pm. I was completely burned out. Had to quit the P/T job needed a social life.

There was a Sri Lankan guy who worked with me who held down 2 F/T jobs. Night shift 11-7am somewhere then came in at our place for 8-4pm. He was 27 yrs old but looked like 50. That's what happens when you're the sole bread winner for the family.
Apr 10, 2006
351 posts
Coquitlam, B.C.
Try Shopper's Drug Mart. I worked the exact shifts you're looking for there for 3 years.
Intel i7 920
Asus P6T
2 x XFX 4870 XXX
Corsair HX-620W
3 x 2GB Corsair DDR3
Seagate Barracuda HD's ~~ 80, 200, 500
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
3039 posts
Ottawa
Try looking at a hotel. Night Auditor is easy work, with about 4-6 hours of 'downtime' per night, pay in GTA would be roughly $15/hour depending on where you're at, with benefits.