• Apr 14th, 2010 4:04 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 9, 2010
754 posts

Nike Factory/Outlet Stores

Are there any of these around anymore?

There's one out here in Kitchener but its pretty small.

The other ones I used to go to don't appear to be there anymore.

The only other one that appears on google maps is Vaughn Mills.

Whats the deal?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4331 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Any Nike Outlet store in Canada will likely be a fake outlet store like at Vaughan Mills.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4331 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Theres no clear cut definition.

Its basically a store (in this case Nike) that sells authentic Nike products, but the apparel is manufactured specifically for the outlet store. Therefore they usually make the products with lower quality materials compared to the other stuff you will find in the other stores. Also they take the already unrealistic MSRP concept to another level, and its always 30% like off and boxing day around 50%. The stores are sometimes intentionally put in a somewhat remote area. The store purposely uses dim lighting, unfinished ceilings, unfinished floors, grey warehouse shelves (for storing shoe-boxes) to make it look like an actual factory/outlet.

The store at Vaughan Mills is just that.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5554 posts
70 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 9:13 pm

Its basically a store (in this case Nike) that sells authentic Nike products, but the apparel is manufactured specifically for the outlet store. Therefore they usually make the products with lower quality materials compared to the other stuff you will find in the other stores. Also they take the already unrealistic MSRP concept to another level, and its always 30% like off and boxing day around 50%. The stores are sometimes intentionally put in a somewhat remote area. The store purposely uses dim lighting, unfinished ceilings, unfinished floors, grey warehouse shelves (for storing shoe-boxes) to make it look like an actual factory/outlet.

Never thought of it like that... thanks for a new perspective when I go shopping.
Aug 17, 2003
639 posts
9 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 9:13 pm

You're referring to made-to-order/made-to-spec clothing for outlets, which apparently Winners arranges to do with retailers as well. I am not saying Nike deosn't stock made-to-spec garments in their outlets, but Vaughan Mills isn't a "fake" outlet as you described

Most outlets are placed in remote areas as to not be their own competition. A lot of what you just described sounds like they're typical warehouse/outlet stores. Based on a large amount of inventory I've personally seen in VMills and other Southern Ontario Nike Outlets, a lot of the products are seconds or RTV (return to vendor) product that hasn't sold well at retailers. These are all typically what are supposed to end up in outlet stores. I DO realize there are made to spec apparel there, but that's not what makes up the majority of the outlet. I'm curious what your definition of a real outlet (factory outlet, I guess?) is?

Your definition of a "fake" outlet is more fitting for a Tommy Hilfiger Outlet.

to OP, the Southern Ontario Nike Outlets are: Burloak, Niagara Falls, Vaughan Mills and Kitchener afaik. they should be on Nike Canada's Website.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4331 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
ben_liu wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 9:18 pm
Never thought of it like that... thanks for a new perspective when I go shopping.
Obviously take it with a grain of salt. There can still be deals in a fake outlet store and/or find something equally appealing. Just really examine the product and ask yourself if its really worth the money. In some items, especially apparel for most people its very difficult to examine quality if you dont have a quality garment to compare it to.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4331 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
nkwu wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 9:26 pm
You're referring to made-to-order/made-to-spec clothing for outlets, which apparently Winners arranges to do with retailers as well. I am not saying Nike deosn't stock made-to-spec garments in their outlets, but Vaughan Mills isn't a "fake" outlet as you described

Most outlets are placed in remote areas as to not be their own competition. A lot of what you just described sounds like they're typical warehouse/outlet stores. Based on a large amount of inventory I've personally seen in VMills and other Southern Ontario Nike Outlets, a lot of the products are seconds or RTV (return to vendor) product that hasn't sold well at retailers. These are all typically what are supposed to end up in outlet stores. I DO realize there are made to spec apparel there, but that's not what makes up the majority of the outlet. I'm curious what your definition of a real outlet (factory outlet, I guess?) is?

Your definition of a "fake" outlet is more fitting for a Tommy Hilfiger Outlet.

to OP, the Southern Ontario Nike Outlets are: Burloak, Niagara Falls, Vaughan Mills and Kitchener afaik. they should be on Nike Canada's Website.
I agree with some of your points. You are right that there are some items that are RTV. Tommy Bahama in Vaughn Mills is like that too and has all of last seasons stuff etc. and also has the samples. The TH store is probably the biggest of the fakes and I agree 100% there. Nike seems like one but I dont follow them that closely, they seem really RTV with old stuff (also have Lebron stuff) but the rest of that store's crap is hard to convince me. The Reebok stores are definitely fake.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2010
754 posts
thanks for the input guys, it gave me some interesting insight into supposed "outlet stores"
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
2648 posts
456 upvotes
RandomMandem wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 8:32 pm
Are there any of these around anymore?

There's one out here in Kitchener but its pretty small.

The other ones I used to go to don't appear to be there anymore.

The only other one that appears on google maps is Vaughn Mills.

Whats the deal?
Cookstown (hwy 400 and hwy 89)
along with reebok, umbro and fila... though i haven't been there for a long time.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2010
754 posts
CrazyJo82 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2010 5:40 pm
Cookstown (hwy 400 and hwy 89)
along with reebok, umbro and fila... though i haven't been there for a long time.
yah I used to go there too, it's long gone (the nike outlet that is, the malls still there)
Apr 29, 2004
187 posts
Nike Niagara Falls Factory Outlet
Canada One Factory Outlet Mall
7500 Lundy's Lane

Nike Factory Store Vaughan Mills
1 Bass Pro Mills Drive
(Hwy 400 & Rutherford Road)

Nike Kitchener Outlet Store
4326 King Street East
Kitchener, ON

Nike Burloak Outlet Store
BurlOak and QEW
Oakville, ON

Burlington/Oakville is Rio Centre
It is still there--I was there a couple of weeks ago. Take the Burloak exit off QEW--turn right at the stoplight
OR
just go straight through the light--best to stop if red.
Jan 15, 2006
507 posts
32 upvotes
Went their Outlet store @ Niagara falls. They don't have new styles as per store rep. He said they get new shoes after 2 months compare to regular Nike stores. I didn't see anything that I liked but they have limited shoes.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2010
754 posts
beefy wrote:
Apr 12th, 2010 9:52 pm
Burlington/Oakville is Rio Centre
It is still there--I was there a couple of weeks ago. Take the Burloak exit off QEW--turn right at the stoplight
OR
just go straight through the light--best to stop if red.
Thanks, I'll check it out next time I'm down that way.
× < >