Expired Hot Deals

[Nike] Nike Flash Sale

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 1:29 am
May 16, 2017
6 posts
Anyone have a spare discount code from last time that they could give to me? PM me.
Aug 31, 2015
227 posts
39 upvotes
Concord, ON
coolwasabi wrote:
May 19th, 2017 4:47 pm
Maybe.
I think it depends on the retailer. They probably have to report back to ebates in the case of returns; some probably don't.
I've had instances where I got credit for something that I returned. Other times my rebates were also rolled back after I returned the item.
How's it work if you get the cheque from ebates and then return the items?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9191 posts
3396 upvotes
Southern Ontario
CDNUprising wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:14 pm
Do you receive the cashback even if you return something? Ordered 2 pairs of shoes last flash sale and I was gonna return 1 pair.
No, returns null cashback amounts. Ebates also mails out cheques 4 times/year and it is always 45days ahead of the end of the purchase period. I don't believe they have merchants on their list who have >45d return periods.

For example, the current purchase window is Apr1-June 30, and the check mails out on Aug 15/17.
Jul 25, 2013
175 posts
22 upvotes
Any chance they will restock? I would love to get a pair of free runs.
Jul 10, 2004
980 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
LeafsFan30 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 6:44 pm
How's it work if you get the cheque from ebates and then return the items?
Unlikely that would happen because you'd have to time it just right... but my guess is that if that were to happen, your ebates would have a negative balance?
If that were the case, I doubt ebates really cares unless you're conning them out of serious money (e.g. hundreds of dollars).

I think the way it works is:
(1) Customer makes a purchase at a store through ebates.
(2) Store gives a cut of the purchase to ebates.
(3) ebates gives a cut back to the customer.
(4) Customer returns purchase to store.
(5) Store makes a claim with ebates to get money in Step (2) back.
(6) ebates takes money in Step (3) back from the customer.

Some stores don't do (5), probably because their backend systems aren't wired to automatically make a refund claim to ebates , so you end up making money on the purchase! The store takes the bullet in this case.

Is there a way to seriously profit from this scheme (e.g. buy $10000 worth of Nike merch, make $900 in ebates credit, return the Nike merch, keep the ebates $$)? Probably. Would you get flagged by either the store or ebates? Maybe...

PS: And no. I haven't tried it and have no intentions to. But like any true RFDer, I've thought about it, haha.
Jan 7, 2011
630 posts
166 upvotes
So if you bought 3 shoes and return one you're fked on the ebates? Not even a partial reduction?
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13959 posts
3242 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
richboy! wrote:
May 20th, 2017 7:15 pm
Last sale was a lot better. Nothing for me this time around.
For me this sale was better. Before lunarepic flyknits were like 30% off. Now they're 50% off.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Dec 20, 2005
82 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone have the KDs can comment on now they like them. I've read some reviews saying the air pops after a while. Also how's the price on these.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2276 posts
1460 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
How do returns work? Are they supposed to be like new? My roshes have an off-white instead of white sole now. Should I try to clean them before returning?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44204 posts
3246 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 21st, 2017 10:59 am
How do returns work? Are they supposed to be like new? My roshes have an off-white instead of white sole now. Should I try to clean them before returning?
They might not accept it, it's supposed to be in original brand new like condition. I think what they want is for customers to try it on at home but not take it out for a few days to test it then decide. I ordered my usual size and i agree with you that the Roshe 2 runs a bit tight.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2276 posts
1460 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Jimboski wrote:
May 21st, 2017 11:02 am
They might not accept it, it's supposed to be in original brand new like condition. I think what they want is for customers to try it on at home but not take it out for a few days to test it then decide. I ordered my usual size and i agree with you that the Roshe 2 runs a bit tight.
Dammit. what's the point of a 30 day return period then? 30 days or walking around in your house?

I guess I've been spoiled by Amazon, etc. I assumed Nike would recondition the shoes or something.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44204 posts
3246 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 21st, 2017 11:13 am
Dammit. what's the point of a 30 day return period then? 30 days or walking around in your house?

I guess I've been spoiled by Amazon, etc. I assumed Nike would recondition the shoes or something.
You can try returning it, maybe they just check that it's there but not really in "brand new condition" by going over the soles and what not.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2500 posts
986 upvotes
Hoosier Daddy wrote:
May 20th, 2017 9:23 pm
Anyone have the KDs can comment on now they like them. I've read some reviews saying the air pops after a while. Also how's the price on these.
Price for the Oreo Kd really good ....I've read the reviews as well as air sole popping but I read Nike has a 1 year warranty and their customer service is good (they will replace the shoe with the latest Kd model )