• Jan 17th, 2006 3:45 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 17, 2003
561 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Nike Shoe Warranty

Anyone know how to go about getting a pair of Nike cross-trainers with popped air-bags warrentied?
I couldn't find any info on their website.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4302 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
just call the number and send them in. They will replace the shoe only if its less then 2 years old.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1635 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
And what's the number?

Does anyknow that number!

I have a pair of Air Max that the air bag has popped, only a year old!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4094 posts
226 upvotes
it's on the nike.ca website... don't be so lazy.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Apr 26, 2005
782 posts
GTA
so u just send it to them and they'll replace it with a new one? what if they no longer have the same model??? :)
Feb 26, 2002
81 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
From Nike Canada email:

Nike guarantees its footwear to be free of manufacturing defects and workmanship issues within two years of the manufacturing date.

Please contact our Consumer Affairs Department to discuss your issue or submit a claim at 1-800-663-6453 OR 416-694-6453. We are open Monday
- Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern time.

When contacting Consumer Affairs, please have your shoes on hand as you will be required to provide the numbers that are located inside the shoes on the white tag. If your claim meets the submission criteria, the Consumer Affairs Representative will provide a return authorization number which must be clearly written on the outside of the package along with the return address for Nike Canada. Please place shoes in a box with one-way postage.

When the package is received at Nike Canada, the Quality Inspection team will inspect the shoes. Upon inspection, if the shoes are found to have a manufacturing defect, a replacement pair will be ordered based on size, price, and performance of the original shoes. Nike Canada cannot guarantee the same style or colour. Please allow for 4-12 weeks for delivery.

If your shoes are found not to have a manufacturing defect, they will be returned to you along with a letter outlining the results of the inspection.

By sending your shoes to Nike Canada, you accept all the terms and conditions of the Nike Canada policy and all decisions made by our inspectors are final and cannot be appealed.

*Please note Nike policies are subject to change without notice.*
Feb 17, 2005
635 posts
6 upvotes
my air max popped back when i was in school (7 years ago?). was wearing it for like 8 months or so...i took it back to champs where i bought it, didn't have the receipt, but kept the shoe box which did have the champs price tag on it. they accepted it, but they would only credit me the amount the shoe was on sale for at the time...bought it for like 160 and got like 80 back...they would have gave me the full amount if i still had the reciept...

bugs me now that the same model shoe is re-released now and retails for $209...crazy!
May 17, 2005
243 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
porkchopbread wrote:my air max popped back when i was in school (7 years ago?). was wearing it for like 8 months or so...i took it back to champs where i bought it, didn't have the receipt, but kept the shoe box which did have the champs price tag on it. they accepted it, but they would only credit me the amount the shoe was on sale for at the time...bought it for like 160 and got like 80 back...they would have gave me the full amount if i still had the reciept...

bugs me now that the same model shoe is re-released now and retails for $209...crazy!
you can do either... if you take it back to the store they can also send it in for you. It is usually faster if you go to the Nike store though.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2002
1177 posts
8 upvotes
I had to return a pair of Nike shoes a few years ago.

They sent me a new pair in a different colour. Took a few weeks. I ended up covering the shipping costs to send them the shoes.
Jul 2, 2003
918 posts
Don't forget you can only warranty shoes now that are 2 years old from the manufacturing date, it's found on the left hand side of the white tag in your shoe

Mine is:
02xxxx

the 02 on my shoe (just looked at it now while @ work LOL) means my shoe was manufactured in 2002. Btw, this is if you're calling that Nike consumer line above, no receipt, just the shoe.

just lettin ya knw! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7917 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
sorry to bump this old thread but im wondering if nike covers the sole being worn out faster than usual?

the heel part of the soles of my nike shoes are worn out so the heel parts are stepping on the foam now

i didnt wear it a lot and i dont drag when i walk
ive never had soles wear out this fast before for a part of basketball shoes

does this count as manufacturer defect?
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4200 upvotes
i dont think the warranty covers wear and tear, but then again, Nike inspects the shoes the case-by-case, so you best bet wud be to call them
Mar 9, 2005
200 posts
Its all about reputation.

Because I returned my Adidas soccer shoes after 2 years of wear. And since my shoes were defective, they gave me $120 pair of shoes with kangaroo leather in place of the $40 pair I had returned to them.

Lets just say, Adidas is my favourite brand now. lol
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4094 posts
226 upvotes
ugh... i just noticed on my Nike TL3's, the bottom rubber sole has been ripped.... like wtf... those shoes are half a year old.... and i baby them too...

i need to send in my shox elite also.... the glue has come off in the front, where the toe meets the rubber sole.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Mar 9, 2005
200 posts
Thats why i returned my Adidas, they gave me more expensive shoes back, because they said the glue they used was defective.

Just took it and ran.
× < >