None
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
2299 posts
34 upvotes
Markham

Nike's Commercial: Lebron's Chamber of Fear

Nikes new "person" is Lebron James

Anyone see the commercial Chamber of Fear? I've heard awesome things about it but yet to see it myself

Anyone have a link?

Comments?
18 replies
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1549 posts
59 upvotes
I've seen it during the Raptors telecasts.
I think it's ******** as hell.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
The spots are kind of goofy, and the website doesn't make sense.

I prefer sleeker ads, like the Reebok one awhile back with Iverson weaving through an obstacle course and burying a shot at the end.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Aug 7, 2004
98 posts
its kinda weird.. but its also cool in a way.
leafs and raptors!
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
I thought it was ok. Definately think it's hell of a lot better than that lame T-Mac commercial. Great job T-Mac you had cameras in the perfect spot. It looked like you jumped about 1 foot off the ground.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1549 posts
59 upvotes
T-Mac just plain looks goofy. He's not a good ad pitchman.
His eyes are always droopy, he looks "high", big ears and all on a small head.
Not ideal.
Now if it's a comedic spot, then maybe ...

I still remember the ol' David "the Admiral" Robinson ads with Gary Payton as his servant. Those were great.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
With the amount of money both firms are capable of dishing out, both ads are terribly stupid, and lame. T-Mac's worse. LBJ's not that much better either. The commercial is so inconsitent, including the animation. Obviously they were going for Kill Bill style (what's with the yellow sub-title, really? Aside from KB, I can't think of any movie that uses it) in one of them that the old master was speaking Mandarin. The writings describing each floor are in traditional Chinese, not really indicating Mandarin in that case. Poorly done, and I didn't like it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
i think three of the best commercials for basketball so far are (no particular order):

1) Vince Carter's "Dr. Funk" commercial when they're playing in rucker park
2) Kevin Garnett's "he's got the whole world in his hands..." commercial
3) LeBron James' where he takes those long shots from the other end of the court
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
It's pretty stupid.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
I thought the commercial was stupid. What the heck is with the 4th level Complacency? Guess they were desperate.

It was more like Bruce Lee's "Game of Death" (inspiration for Kill Bill) as evidenced by LBJ's pathetic imitation of Bruce Lee's scream at the end of the commercial.

I mean really, does Nike think LBJ is as legendary as Bruce?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1619 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
Stupid for me but then again, they're not aiming the ad for me. I'm not a 'baller'... so it probably doesn't matter.

I'm sure they know what theyr'e doing and their target audience probably likes it...
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
6 upvotes
[/quote=Fantaz]Fantaz It's pretty stupid [/quote]

OK. What would you rather watch during a timeout in a basketball game? That or some type of advertisement? I can only agree if it was getting repetitive, otherwise I love it.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
3976 posts
20 upvotes
you guys are all clueless. it's a fact that these Nike ad's are inspired by the classic Shaw Brothers movies. the print ad's gave it away.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
10 upvotes
I like it. It's longer than the avg. commercial too so it's more like a story than just trying to get you to buy their product. Way better than the tmac one.
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1007 posts
412 upvotes
i dont know why so many ppl hate it. I actually like it...much much better than TMACs commercial
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1619 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
tinlunlau wrote:you guys are all clueless. it's a fact that these Nike ad's are inspired by the classic Shaw Brothers movies. the print ad's gave it away.
I didn't like it before but since it's inspired by the shaw brothers, I like it now!
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
HOCKEY wrote:its kinda weird.. but its also cool in a way.
YEP
For Sale:

HEATWARE