Expired Hot Deals

[nintendo.com] Switch Civilization VI DLC Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm ($50.24 | 25% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2020 5:44 pm
[OP]
Jun 1, 2018
11 posts
28 upvotes
G2E

Switch Civilization VI DLC Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm ($50.24 | 25% off)

Price:
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
nintendo.com
Switch Civilization VI DLC Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm.

Deal link: https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/de ... on-content

I have been waiting for a deal on the DLC since I got the game for $19.99.
12 replies
May 28, 2008
250 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I don't think I'll get it yet as I'm not yet sold on the base game. I bought the physical copy and played it some, but haven't fallen in love with it like I did the PC versions of Civ 2-5. I appreciate the heads up though.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3744 posts
1720 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Thanks for sharing, still too rich for my cheap RFD blood. Face Screaming In Fear
Oct 13, 2011
868 posts
258 upvotes
Brandon
b0ne wrote: Thanks for sharing, still too rich for my cheap RFD blood. Face Screaming In Fear
Wrong. It's too expensive for a DLC add on...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1105 posts
248 upvotes
kq76 wrote: Thanks OP. I don't think I'll get it yet as I'm not yet sold on the base game. I bought the physical copy and played it some, but haven't fallen in love with it like I did the PC versions of Civ 2-5. I appreciate the heads up though.
I'm actually feeling the same way.
Dec 23, 2006
520 posts
156 upvotes
Bought the base game for $20 on amazon. Not planning to spend twice over on DLCs. They have to be much cheaper for me to bite.
Fido $40 5GB small + $15 4GB tablet data
PM $20 province wide talk
PM $10 50 min 50 txt
Nov 24, 2010
74 posts
4 upvotes
I’m debating hard on this one.

I love Civ games and I’ve heard these expansions complete the game
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1496 posts
910 upvotes
Calgary
I bought the base game for $20 last month on Amazon. Used to love Civ games when I was a teenager but just couldn’t get into it now. Ended up selling it a day later to someone for $25, so it ended up being a free demo for me.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10995 posts
1086 upvotes
Thanks! Same as you I've been waiting for a deal....but it's still expensive and I might wait longer
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2374 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best way to get into these games? I tried playing it when it first came out on switch and all the options were pretty intimidating. It doesn't feel like a beginner friendly game at all.
Apr 8, 2017
856 posts
583 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Usuyami wrote: What's the best way to get into these games? I tried playing it when it first came out on switch and all the options were pretty intimidating. It doesn't feel like a beginner friendly game at all.
Try civ 5 first. I found 6 was way too confusing and not user friendly even for an experienced player. Way too much going on.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4621 posts
1237 upvotes
Toronto
Civ 6 is a much more complicated game for sure. You can still fumble through it on a lower difficulty, of course, but half the fun (for better or worse) comes from wrapping your head around things like the District system and plotting out your city expansion accordingly. There is way more emphasis on synergizing and diversifying your cities in Civ 6 than the giant mega-cities model of Civ 5.

It's a shame they're upselling the expansions like this because they really do add a lot to the game. I bounced off of vanilla Civ 6 pretty hard at launch despite it being a much better game than original Civ 5, but Gather Storm pulled me back in a big way with its unique Civs and revamped diplomacy, and I've put in hundreds of hours into it since.
Jan 21, 2010
406 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
This is still way too pricey for DLC on any playform. Still waiting on a sale for gathering storm on PC. There have oddly been no significant sales.