Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Nintendo eShop

Link:
https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/de ... rge-switch

87% Metacritic:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/axiom-verge

This game has been very resistant to discounts on the Switch, usually only a maximum of 10% off or so since release. I've been waiting for this drop a long while and didn't want to get it on Steam because I knew I'd enjoy playing it a lot more on the Switch platform. Enjoy!
Last edited by BinaryJay on Aug 30th, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Jun 22, 2009
239 posts
28 upvotes
Been waiting for this to go on 50% off, gonna pick this one up for sure! Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2294 posts
2119 upvotes
Alberta
Great game! Completed a 100% run. Highly recommended for fans of Super Metroid.
Dec 24, 2017
750 posts
642 upvotes
Good game or not, it has been on sale for $5 on PSN and Live many times. I can't justify paying triple the price so I can play on the go.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1528 posts
673 upvotes
Quebec
zylonite wrote: Good game or not, it has been on sale for $5 on PSN and Live many times. I can't justify paying triple the price so I can play on the go.
Layers of Fear is $1 in the Humble Bundle; it's around $15 when on sale on the Switch. Damn Switch tax.
Jan 19, 2017
392 posts
630 upvotes
Can anyone who has played this give me a run down on difficultly? I have been going a little overboard with the Metriodvanion games lately. Beat Hollow Knight, on the last boss of Dandara (Screw that boss) might not go back to that one lol. Anyways i was kind of sick of the punishing nature of these games with losing you "Currency" and stuff so i now moved on to Yoki Island Express and its so much more relaxing and easy going. Where does this fit on the scale?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19168 posts
6072 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
zylonite wrote: Good game or not, it has been on sale for $5 on PSN and Live many times. I can't justify paying triple the price so I can play on the go.
Sure, it's been on sale for less on Steam too. I don't have a PS4 or Xbox in the first place and have no plans to ever own either of them. I know I'll play it on the Switch but probably won't bother if I were to get it on Steam.

Regardless of how it has been priced on other platforms it has never been this cheap on Switch and I would argue it's the best platform for these types of games at least for me, thanks to the instant pick up and put down characteristics of Switch.
RedSwagDeals wrote: Can anyone who has played this give me a run down on difficultly? I have been going a little overboard with the Metriodvanion games lately. Beat Hollow Knight, on the last boss of Dandara (Screw that boss) might not go back to that one lol. Anyways i was kind of sick of the punishing nature of these games with losing you "Currency" and stuff so i now moved on to Yoki Island Express and its so much more relaxing and easy going. Where does this fit on the scale?
I was actually going to post the Yoku's deal I picked it up yesterday and it's awesome and relaxing, but no longer on sale. I haven't played any of Axiom yet. It can't be as intense as Dead Cells though (Dead Cells worth every penny too).
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1528 posts
673 upvotes
Quebec
RedSwagDeals wrote: Can anyone who has played this give me a run down on difficultly? I have been going a little overboard with the Metriodvanion games lately. Beat Hollow Knight, on the last boss of Dandara (Screw that boss) might not go back to that one lol. Anyways i was kind of sick of the punishing nature of these games with losing you "Currency" and stuff so i now moved on to Yoki Island Express and its so much more relaxing and easy going. Where does this fit on the scale?
I started the game on Hard difficulty right away, and while it was indeed hard at the beginning, it becomes considerably easier as you progress. Your health is limited at the beginning and scarce throughout the game, but as your health bar becomes longer and your abilities more advanced, it becomes easier. That's the difficulty level I recommend.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1842 posts
206 upvotes
NB
How does it compare to Hollow Knight?