392 upvotes

FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION HD - Nintendo Switch $23.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$16
Retailer:
Nintendo eShop
The game just launched yesterday for the Switch and the switch edition is discounted compared to other platforms. Good price for anyone looking to pick it up. It is an HD port of the mobile edition which was well received on mobile. Not sure how the port has been so far.
33 replies
Feb 17, 2015
631 posts
201 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Got the mobile one on the IPAD even though it's free on there really good game so far
Dec 24, 2017
646 posts
568 upvotes
Man Nintendo must think it's Switch users are stupid if they are charging $25 for a free mobile game.
Dec 1, 2016
79 posts
32 upvotes
zylonite wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 5:44 pm
Man Nintendo must think it's Switch users are stupid if they are charging $25 for a free mobile game.
Only the first chapter is free on mobile dude. It's basically a demo.
Dec 9, 2015
131 posts
208 upvotes
Jawkuz wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 5:50 pm
Only the first chapter is free on mobile dude. It's basically a demo.
It was a fair assumption based on the information at hand.
Apr 7, 2015
371 posts
230 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Ter350056 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 6:14 pm
Considering that SE has a long history of having some of the most expensive premium games on mobile - a dozen games over $20 - and the fact that it says 'in-app purchases' and 'Download chapter 1 and play for free. Subsequent chapters are available for purchase,' as the first line of the description on the Play store, I'd have to say it's not fair at all to assume that it's free 'based on the information at hand.'
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3046 posts
1788 upvotes
Vancouver
Ter350056 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 6:14 pm
Square never offers anything really for free. Its either pay for content or pay to win. So info at hand would suggest there is a catch (there almost always is).
Jan 31, 2008
227 posts
121 upvotes
Etobicoke
zylonite wrote:
Also it's Square asking, not Nintendo.
Dec 9, 2015
131 posts
208 upvotes
Got a weird amount of slack for saying someone who never looked at the game might not know the payment structure of a game. Just trying to suggest not pissing on someone who replied based on what they just read in another comment. I really don't feel like someone who clearly didn't know what the game entailed, had done a thorough scan of the play store listing. But empathy is kind of a lost art, I suppose.
Oct 12, 2008
951 posts
1695 upvotes
Markham
zylonite wrote:
Nintendo does think its Switch users are stupid. Look at how many times they've repackaged the same game to keep selling it to its users. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, all those NES, Super NES, N64 etc games they keep porting to a new console and selling it to you again.

Same deal with Square.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3603 posts
1061 upvotes
zylonite wrote:
It's not free, but why call out Nintendo when OP says other platforms are charging more?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1806 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
If you're interested in the full game for PC, Humble Bundle has FFXV Steam keys for Windows on sale for $24.99 USD, some money goes to charity too. It's 50% off and as low as it goes for the US. Although apparently Steam had it cheaper at one point in time in CAD, but I don't know when. I picked it up... 75 GB download though! 3 days left to the sale.

www.humblebundle.com/store/final-fantas ... search_bar
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18924 posts
5747 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
silverele wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 7:35 am
If you're interested in the full game for PC, Humble Bundle has FFXV Steam keys for Windows on sale for $24.99 USD, some money goes to charity too. It's 50% off and as low as it goes for the US. Although apparently Steam had it cheaper at one point in time in CAD, but I don't know when. I picked it up... 75 GB download though! 3 days left to the sale.

www.humblebundle.com/store/final-fantas ... search_bar
I thought it was a good FF game, and enjoyed my play through on PC a lot. Don't care what the haters say.

That said, I don't know how anybody could hate themselves enough to suffer through a game of any length like this even as gimped as it is in the pocket edition, on a tablet/phone. I'm sure it's better on switch but it's insulting that it's a port of the mobile version instead of a port of the real game.
Jun 7, 2017
831 posts
1953 upvotes
New Brunswick
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 5:33 am
Nintendo does think its Switch users are stupid. Look at how many times they've repackaged the same game to keep selling it to its users. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, all those NES, Super NES, N64 etc games they keep porting to a new console and selling it to you again.

Same deal with Square.
Same deal with just about every publisher out there this gen. I'd be surprised if there's any AAA publisher that hasn't yet done that at least once.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3563 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 5:33 am

Same deal with Square.
What's wrong with porting games to a new system? If you don't like it, don't buy it again but not everyone bought it the first time nor does everyone want a Wii U.