[Nintendo] eShop: STEINS;GATE ELITE Switch - $37.89

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
July 25, 2019
Retailer:
Nintendo
More offers from Nintendo
Very tempting for fans of the anime. 7.1 GB.
Ready to Play the Anime? Experience a fully animated adventure with brand-new scenes in STEINS;GATE ELITE!

Fully Animated Adventure – Indulge in all the beautiful animation from 24 episodes of the STEINS;GATE anime.

A New Way to Time Leap – Experience the world of STEINS;GATE with this remastered, ultimate version that features newly animated sequences for certain endings.

Branching Storylines – Every choice you make has its own consequence, shifting the worldline closer or farther from reaching 1% divergence, providing a multitude of animated endings.
Last edited by SynGamer on Jul 12th, 2019 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3069 posts
2691 upvotes
Ottawa
Waiting for the PS4 version to come to this price - physically, since I really want Linear Bounded Phenogram as well.

Won't buy it otherwise. The anime cutscenes is an insult to the original art. I really only want to buy it for LBP, which was never translated prior to this release.

If you want the TRUE S;G VN experience (which is far superior to the anime), it's available on Steam and PS3. In fact, PS+ gave the PS3 version for free back in December 2018, so some people may already own it without even knowing.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1823 posts
833 upvotes
GTA
Tempted to get this as a travelling game...

Wonder what the other people on the plane will think lol
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
488 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
MercadorHG wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:28 am
It's a visual novel?
Yes, it's a visual novel, with animated scenes from the anime.
Mar 30, 2008
275 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:34 am
Waiting for the PS4 version to come to this price - physically, since I really want Linear Bounded Phenogram as well.

Won't buy it otherwise. The anime cutscenes is an insult to the original art. I really only want to buy it for LBP, which was never translated prior to this release.

If you want the TRUE S;G VN experience (which is far superior to the anime), it's available on Steam and PS3. In fact, PS+ gave the PS3 version for free back in December 2018, so some people may already own it without even knowing.
I'm very interested in this series. just to clarify,are you saying the PS4/Switch version isn't a direct port of the Steam version?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1768 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Played this on PS Vita while on I was vacation a couple years ago, very good game/visual novel. There are multiple endings depending on what you do in the scenarios.

The addition of the anime's cutscenes is a really nice addition to the game.
Aug 9, 2017
102 posts
472 upvotes
GTA
unimus wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:14 am
just to clarify,are you saying the PS4/Switch version isn't a direct port of the Steam version?
It is a direct port port, however the steam/ps4 gets a additional game. The switch gets a different (I believe less interesting) Nes style game.
Dec 24, 2009
873 posts
339 upvotes
Quebec City
SynGamer wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:44 am
Yes, it's a visual novel, with animated scenes from the anime.
Ok, I got no experience with that game type so I have a newb question; how "playing" it or watching someone plays on youtube is different?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1823 posts
833 upvotes
GTA
MercadorHG wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:27 pm
Ok, I got no experience with that game type so I have a newb question; how "playing" it or watching someone plays on youtube is different?
You dont make the decisions when you watch someone else play and you dont get the same ending.
May 30, 2017
290 posts
110 upvotes
I'm a little confused, has anyone played this game? Is it fun?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1823 posts
833 upvotes
GTA
arcty5 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:37 pm
I'm a little confused, has anyone played this game? Is it fun?
Do you like choose you own adventure type of books? If so this is similar but with pictures.
Jan 23, 2019
15 posts
10 upvotes
The anime ranked among my top favorite animes out there. Although it's been quite some years and I don't remember a lot of it. But why would I pay such a price to simply "read a novel"? If there's no gameplay, and assuming the game is following the original story... what's the justification for the price? I'm pretty sure I've been this go for 79.99$
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
488 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Seph1123 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:30 pm
The anime ranked among my top favorite animes out there. Although it's been quite some years and I don't remember a lot of it. But why would I pay such a price to simply "read a novel"? If there's no gameplay, and assuming the game is following the original story... what's the justification for the price? I'm pretty sure I've been this go for 79.99$
Usually, the appeal of a visual novel is your choices thoughout the story result in a specific ending based on those choices. It also gives you the option to replay, change your choices, and get a new ending.