Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Nintendo

Refurb 2ds -3ds xl new $65 - $154, 1 year warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2019 11:28 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Damn no regular size new 3DS models :(
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
chemicalxv wrote: Damn no regular size new 3DS models :(
Damn -- 3DSXL? Looks like I got the order in just in time. (Purchased the 3DS-XL BLACK)
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16789 posts
12572 upvotes
Markham
Those list price is US dollars or Canadian dollar
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Not bad. I got an o3DS LL from Japan for $66.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
smartie wrote: Those list price is US dollars or Canadian dollar
Prices are Canadian BUT there IS tax. I asked OP to take out 'no tax' but that hasn't happened yet.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
don't "hack" your 2/3ds units.... that voids the warranty. just invest in a sky3ds cart if you are going to delve into backups. it works off the cart and not a soft modded unit. so if you ever have an issue with your DS unit you can still get warranty repair or replace.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote: IMO as a Dad, 3 - 4 yr old is a little young to start video games. At this age, concentrate on reading books, and enjoying them. Screen time isn't great for kids that young.

Wait till 6 or something.
i second that.... i was able to get the 1st gen version xbox one from microsoft for $80. i thought at that price i could get one for my 4 (now 5 year old) and it wasn't a good experience. he managed to bugger up the controller, but i mod them so it was easy to repair. and i have to buy digital as he's not at the place yet where he knows to respect discs and the such... but he can't get around starting and changing games and just uses the youtube app 95% of the time. i didn't go into it wanting to get him a gaming system, i just felt at that price it didn't hurt to try. plus i would have a back up system if mine ever went down.
Mar 6, 2014
329 posts
215 upvotes
bought a refur WiiU black 32GB , died in second year.
error code says faulty flash memory, not fixable....but it's common on wiiu, regardless new or refurb.

FYI.
Last edited by ntchris on Apr 20th, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16789 posts
12572 upvotes
Markham
rfdrfd wrote:
IMO as a Dad, 3 - 4 yr old is a little young to start video games. At this age, concentrate on reading books, and enjoying them. Screen time isn't great for kids that young.

Wait till 6 or something.
6 is still too young

My son is 8 and half and just got his Switch yesterday as rewards because he pasted gift program test

Besides he can only play on weekends
Mar 6, 2014
329 posts
215 upvotes
refur and tax and shipping...
not a deal, not a good one anyway
Oct 23, 2017
180 posts
79 upvotes
I have a LNIB 3ds XL Pikachu edition for $150
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5059 upvotes
Montreal, QC
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: don't "hack" your 2/3ds units.... that voids the warranty. just invest in a sky3ds cart if you are going to delve into backups. it works off the cart and not a soft modded unit. so if you ever have an issue with your DS unit you can still get warranty repair or replace.
The one that runs 2DS/3DS games is at least CAD$80 AFAIK.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5059 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The "plausible no tax" in the title is funny. Yeah, if you got a US account and buy from Vermont and have it delivered in Toronto, you might plausibly avoid taxes Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Dec 23, 2015
325 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I’m going to try and change my region to Vermont now too
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
sta11ion wrote: I dont know why but i was charged no tax. I used chrome, it might be because i have a vermont us account, getting delivered to toronto. Might have to do
With that, i even checked my mastercard. No tax.
Something that others might want to keep in mind before trying to order from a US Vermont account -- you still might be charged import duties once the device crosses the border. Generally, if it's under $100 customs does nothing, but over $100 you'll likely be charged duties.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
umm you would still be hit with duty and taxes ?? would you not.... if it's not being shipped from within canada seeing as you are saying you are in vermont then it would have to cross the border. and at that point wouldn't duty be more than taxes ? and wouldn't it be taxed as well ?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
willy0275 wrote: The "plausible no tax" in the title is funny. Yeah, if you got a US account and buy from Vermont and have it delivered in Toronto, you might plausibly avoid taxes Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Some are going to be hit up with duties that might be beyond the 13%. That title still needs to be changed. You need to jump through hoops to 'plausibly' avoid taxes. I'd imagine when it gets delivered and Canada Post is asking for you to pay customs fees, that's where the real pain in the ass starts. I reported it to the mods by it appears everyone is on holidays.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: umm you would still be hit with duty and taxes ?? would you not.... if it's not being shipped from within canada seeing as you are saying you are in vermont then it would have to cross the border. and at that point wouldn't duty be more than taxes ? and wouldn't it be taxed as well ?
That's the risk you're taking. I have found personally if you buy something, usually under $50 -- no duties, between $50 and $100, it's hit and miss (tho fairly rare to be charged). Over $100, I've always been charged.

Funny thing, I did buy something from the US for a fairly low price and got a bill from FedEx for $1.29 in duties.....
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
you "could" order it saying you live in vermont.... then ship it to a parcel place in NF NY and then cross over to pick it up thus saving taxes and duty. just remove it from the box, toss a game in it and then hand it to your kid to play with on the way back to the border. i've been able to "shave" some savings off claiming things when shopping across the river by doing that....
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: you "could" order it saying you live in vermont.... then ship it to a parcel place in NF NY and then cross over to pick it up thus saving taxes and duty. just remove it from the box, toss a game in it and then hand it to your kid to play with on the way back to the border. i've been able to "shave" some savings off claiming things when shopping across the river by doing that....
yes, you could. OP should have that in their post then -- ship to us address, get passports, drive to US with child, pick up device, give device to child, drive back to Canada, no tax....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)