• Sep 16th, 2017 1:46 am
Tags:
None
May 16, 2007
760 posts
238 upvotes
redeagle wrote:
Jan 12th, 2017 5:40 am
Well, I finally gave up and purchased one yesterday. Already modded it and put about 20 games on it. Easy as Pie....
From those nasty Kijiji turds ? :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5450 posts
1183 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 11:37 am
Actually read a review on amazon or best buy or somewhere like that where someone gave it 2 *s because the games were "too hard" and that they should have a "difficulty" option.
LMFAO!! Cry me a river!! They must be too used to regenerative health, unlimited retries from save points and no on-screen tips/tutorials.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5936 posts
1667 upvotes
s1gfromwpg wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 10:43 am
I think Nintendo left that backdoor open to allow for people to load up ROMs. 30 games isn't enough. However, if Nintendo were to include 100s of games, that's a lot of royalties they'd need to pay. That machine would be $2-300. By allowing people to mod the current units, Nintendo moves a ton while keeping costs low.
They could have just loaded it up with titles they own...

FWIW, You lose save game spots the more you add.
May 26, 2010
23 posts
8 upvotes
New Brunswick
Nintendo will be making more of the NES classic Edition

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fi ... interview/

"What happened with NES Classic is that was a situation where the global demand was well in excess of anything we had anticipated, and that’s what created shortages. The good news, at least for consumers in the Americas, is we’re going to continue to make the NES Classic available. With the ongoing level of supply, the ongoing demand is going to be met. We know the concern. "

Did the surprising, to you, demand for NES Classic open your eyes to understanding the popularity of classic Nintendo products in this day and age?

Fils-Aime: We know the popularity of our classic games. That’s a known situation. The challenge for us is that with this particular system, we thought honestly that the key consumer would be between 30 and 40 years old, with kids, who had stepped away from gaming for some period of time. And certainly we sold a lot of systems to that consumer. But what we also see here in the Americas is that we’ve sold a lot to [fans] who just saw a compact, all-in-one opportunity to get the 30 greatest games from the NES generation. I think that incremental demand is what surprised us. Because again, how many times have you purchased the original Super Mario Bros.? We thought that the consumer that already had a Wii or a Wii U and had purchased those games once or twice already, we didn’t think that they’d buy the NES Classic. And they did.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2335 posts
334 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks for sharing.

I still find it a poor excuse from Nintendo. They did announce it back in July, did they really not see the anticipation and demand over the following months? It spread much farther than just 30-40 year olds who were nostalgic about it, especially with the holiday shopping season looming. And on top of that, it's been 2 months since the first preorders began. They're just mentioning now that they're deciding to keep making and selling the NES classic?
fonzy35 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 11:10 am
Nintendo will be making more of the NES classic Edition

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fi ... interview/

"What happened with NES Classic is that was a situation where the global demand was well in excess of anything we had anticipated, and that’s what created shortages. The good news, at least for consumers in the Americas, is we’re going to continue to make the NES Classic available. With the ongoing level of supply, the ongoing demand is going to be met. We know the concern. "

Did the surprising, to you, demand for NES Classic open your eyes to understanding the popularity of classic Nintendo products in this day and age?

Fils-Aime: We know the popularity of our classic games. That’s a known situation. The challenge for us is that with this particular system, we thought honestly that the key consumer would be between 30 and 40 years old, with kids, who had stepped away from gaming for some period of time. And certainly we sold a lot of systems to that consumer. But what we also see here in the Americas is that we’ve sold a lot to [fans] who just saw a compact, all-in-one opportunity to get the 30 greatest games from the NES generation. I think that incremental demand is what surprised us. Because again, how many times have you purchased the original Super Mario Bros.? We thought that the consumer that already had a Wii or a Wii U and had purchased those games once or twice already, we didn’t think that they’d buy the NES Classic. And they did.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1460 posts
291 upvotes
8008135 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 12:23 am
The soft mod to add new games is ridiculously simple. If you can click your mouse and press a button on the console you can do it.
Yeah, someone put together a shell and it's basically point and click now. It even has a built in Google image search for you to pick the box art. You also have to manually choose to toggle between labeling a game as 1 or 2 player. But it's slick and easy.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
May 26, 2010
23 posts
8 upvotes
New Brunswick
@joey003 I agree with you, they build-ed up anticipation since July for the NES Classic Edition and created a shortage.
Nov 2, 2009
3 posts
toronto
If anybody is looking, I just spotted a Classic Controller at the Best Buy across from Sherway Gardens. They only had 1 on shelf. I would've purchased it but I'm SOL on finding the actual console lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3431 posts
1024 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
bravoroger wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 11:58 am
If anybody is looking, I just spotted a Classic Controller at the Best Buy across from Sherway Gardens. They only had 1 on shelf. I would've purchased it but I'm SOL on finding the actual console lol.
I've been looking for a controller since launch. I'll never find one :(
Jun 16, 2009
319 posts
299 upvotes
bravoroger wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 11:58 am
You should have bought it, then sold it for $50. They are very hard to find, less were made than the console. That would of paid for half the price of the Classic once it came back in stock, lol
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Nov 2, 2009
3 posts
toronto
SERIOUSLY?? LOL..fml. just to be sure, the one that's in a he image?
Images
  • IMG_0813.JPG