Tags:
None
Mar 30, 2009
804 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 4:30 pm
You should have bought it, then sold it for $50. They are very hard to find, less were made than the console. That would of paid for half the price of the Classic once it came back in stock, lol
I dropped by the store and had a look. The controller the previous poster is mentioning, is NOT the original Nintendo controller, but the Inter Works or whatever it's called that has turbo function and retails for $19.99. These can be found anywhere really and are actually not that bad. I received mine from Best Buy last night and was quite surprised at the quality.

Best Buy at Sherway did have a whack of Insignia NES Classic controllers also for $19.99. I opened one of the boxes to have a look and they are white coloured and say Insinia on them. YUK. In a few months, they will be on clearance for $1.99. No one is going to want these FUGLY things.

If Nintendo will be manufacturing more NES Classics as they stated a few days ago, one can only hope they produce enough controllers as well.
Last edited by redeagle on Jan 17th, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 30, 2009
804 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
devilsknight wrote:
Jan 12th, 2017 9:33 am
From those nasty Kijiji turds ? :)
LOL. Price wasn't all that bad to be honest. Probably the best one can do given the shortages. By the time you factor in energy, time and fuel spent hunting down one of these things, paying an additional $50 0ver asking, isn't all that bad.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6152 posts
1298 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
redeagle wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 5:22 pm
LOL. Price wasn't all that bad to be honest. Probably the best one can do given the shortages. By the time you factor in energy, time and fuel spent hunting down one of these things, paying an additional $50 0ver asking, isn't all that bad.
How many are you selling?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8618 posts
2731 upvotes
Oil Country
Anyone still trying to snag one, you might want to avoid Nowinstock.com. That site is too slow with notifications. You'll need to install a page monitoring extension for your browser to check when stores have stock. That seems to work best.
RFD mods are on a power trip... how about messaging me before changing my signature. Some common courtesy would have been nice.
Jun 16, 2009
319 posts
299 upvotes
Kijiji scammers want $50-60 to add more games to the console. It's so easy to do yourself, everything associated with the NES Classic is so overpriced.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8618 posts
2731 upvotes
Oil Country
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 6:56 am
Kijiji scammers want $50-60 to add more games to the console. It's so easy to do yourself, everything associated with the NES Classic is so overpriced.
Unfortunately, tech illiterate individuals won't know any better.
RFD mods are on a power trip... how about messaging me before changing my signature. Some common courtesy would have been nice.
Nov 2, 2009
3 posts
toronto
redeagle wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 5:21 pm
I dropped by the store and had a look. The controller the previous poster is mentioning, is NOT the original Nintendo controller, but the Inter Works or whatever it's called that has turbo function and retails for $19.99. These can be found anywhere really and are actually not that bad. I received mine from Best Buy last night and was quite surprised at the quality.

Best Buy at Sherway did have a whack of Insignia NES Classic controllers also for $19.99. I opened one of the boxes to have a look and they are white coloured and say Insinia on them. YUK. In a few months, they will be on clearance for $1.99. No one is going to want these FUGLY things.

If Nintendo will be manufacturing more NES Classics as they stated a few days ago, one can only hope they produce enough controllers as well.
my apologies for the error! Wasn't on my radar but thought I'd post here for anyone.

At Erin Mills Town centre, there's a Nintendo Pop Up on the upper level in the Walmart wing. I spoke to the rep and he said as far as he's aware, the plan is to have supplies soon and it will continue until the end of March.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1245 posts
59 upvotes
Anyone been to Japan recently?
How's the stock level for the famicom?
Hopefully I will be able to pick one up in April
Jun 16, 2009
319 posts
299 upvotes
edvc520 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 9:39 am
Anyone been to Japan recently?
How's the stock level for the famicom?
Hopefully I will be able to pick one up in April
The Famicom Mini doesn't sound as good as the NES. Non-detachable controllers, plus they're very small, not original size like the NES. Hand cramp city. Of course of you're a Famicom fan, then you'd put up with that.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3431 posts
1024 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I broke down and bought an insignia one from Best Buy last night. I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet but it feels decent. It's definitely better than my cheap usb NES controllers from China and has a 10 foot cord.
It seems like a decent option for those that are dying for 2 player games.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... a72b60en02

I hope that I have an opportunity to try it out tonight.
Jul 21, 2008
412 posts
62 upvotes
Seems like a bunch of EBgames across the GTA got stock this morning of about 3-4 units. I'm sure most are sold out now but people are saying Eaton center has a lot but when you call they tell you they have none.
Jun 16, 2009
319 posts
299 upvotes
Nowinstock.ca says it was available today at Walmart.ca, and sold out in 5 minutes. Maybe it will start trickling in over the next few weeks?

Resellers better start dumping their inventory before it becomes as common as bad teeth at a hillbilly picnic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
8618 posts
2731 upvotes
Oil Country
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 10:13 pm
Nowinstock.ca says it was available today at Walmart.ca, and sold out in 5 minutes. Maybe it will start trickling in over the next few weeks?

Resellers better start dumping their inventory before it becomes as common as bad teeth at a hillbilly picnic.
I doubt it will... there's been some rumors that Nintendo may end production in March.
Mar 30, 2009
804 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
I can't believe there is so much demand for this stupid thing still. So much for Nintendo's promise of being able to get one as Plenty of inventory will be available in stores, yeah right! Nintendo Switch will be same crap.