• Mar 27th, 2017 3:08 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 16, 2009
237 posts
218 upvotes
redeagle wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 5:23 am
I can't believe there is so much demand for this stupid thing still. So much for Nintendo's promise of being able to get one as Plenty of inventory will be available in stores, yeah right! Nintendo Switch will be same crap.
I don't think Nintendo has ever been know to mass produce much of anything historically. I'm not following Switch, but aren't there stores with available preorders still? I see people on Kijiji selling their preorders for $200, but that doesn't really mean much, I think some of these people would sell their granny for the right price.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Nov 25, 2002
425 posts
19 upvotes
Saw some guy in kijiji trying to sell his preorder with a $50 deposit for 450. Seriously?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7435 posts
989 upvotes
redeagle wrote:
I can't believe there is so much demand for this stupid thing still. So much for Nintendo's promise of being able to get one as Plenty of inventory will be available in stores, yeah right! Nintendo Switch will be same crap.
Ya - disappointing indeed. I would have bought a mini but I just bought a retro-Atari unit instead for $40 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I still have my old original NES so I can live without it. Lost sale.

Nintendo Corp has not been doing that well but it's amazing to me that at the same time you can't find a NES Classic, 3DS or WiiU in the store. Lost sales everywhere!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2285 posts
843 upvotes
my local kijiji has one guy spamming the hell out it for the mod of the system for $60 which in turn anyone can do in 5 minutes
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1183 posts
72 upvotes
Anyone know if the Famicom Mini can be hacked like the Nes Classic?
Jun 16, 2009
237 posts
218 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 11:49 am
Anyone know if the Famicom Mini can be hacked like the Nes Classic?
I heard it can be, yes
Jun 16, 2009
237 posts
218 upvotes
witenite wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 10:33 am
my local kijiji has one guy spamming the hell out it for the mod of the system for $60 which in turn anyone can do in 5 minutes
Yup, seen that ad A LOT. There's another guy that is asking $40 and offering a ton of games on it, but from what I read that gets rid of save slots? I don't want some crack head touching my console only to screw up its functionality. I wonder how many idiots go to these people? These people are probably the same people hoarding all the NES Classics to begin.

As an aside, console was back in stock on Walmart.cart this morning according to nowinstock. I think they are trickling them out, might be a good idea to check again tomorrow for those that are still looking.
May 28, 2009
941 posts
331 upvotes
Belleville
It doesn't get rid of save slots. I feared that and it never touched the saves that I had.
Jun 16, 2009
237 posts
218 upvotes
FlashFyre wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 7:49 pm
It doesn't get rid of save slots. I feared that and it never touched the saves that I had.
I thought it dropped slots if you added a certain amount of games. So I can add 90 games and still have all 4 slots for every game on the NES Classic?
Feb 5, 2004
884 posts
22 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 9:55 pm
I thought it dropped slots if you added a certain amount of games. So I can add 90 games and still have all 4 slots for every game on the NES Classic?
Update: With the latest version (2.11) you won't lose save slots and you can add ~600 games by adding the games into folders.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods ... 600_games/
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1369 posts
379 upvotes
KINGSTON
redeagle wrote:
I still have an unfulfilled Xmas gift promise for my son for this console. Fortunately, he "gets" the nonsense that Nintendo is playing with this supply versus demand stupidity.

We went to the "Game On" Expo at the Ontario Science Centre a couple years ago, and he was totally fascinated with the crude graphics of early game consoles. I thought the Classic would have been a great experience for him, since he's now fully embedded in Xbox.
It boggles my mind that they don't seem to want to cash in, while the getting is good.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2135 posts
277 upvotes
London
I really truly don't understand people. Why is there so much hype over this thing? NES Games have been available, both officially (remastered, rereleased, virtual console) and unofficially (emulation on pc and almost every console imaginable since ps2/dreamcast) for DECADES and nobody gave a crap.

I myself have transferred around the entire NES library for every console that eventually got hacked/homebrewed. Always turns out the same. You always boot it up, the menu/interface looks cool, all excited, all the NES games ever in once place! You load up mario bros/duck hunt/mega man/whatever, play it for 3 minutes and realize the game is boring as shit now and never touch it again. The NES Classic I'm sure is no different.

Nintendo releases a version with a handful of games and a short-cord controller and it's sold out for months??? What a laugh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5614 posts
583 upvotes
Grimsby
I actually still play the odd old game. Games I've replayed in the past year - Final Fantasy 1 (4 black belts!), Dragon Warrior 1, Contra, Jackal and Legend. I know some people only play current games and just sell everything else but I do enjoy older games, sometimes for nostalgia and other times because they were genuinely good. This works well as a gift to someone who doesn't know or want to know how to setup emulators by the way, much of the hype was due to Christmas and its price point.

This was sold out for months because they've made so few of them, its really that simple. Nintendo loves artificial scarcity, its a common business strategy in Japan to drum up demand for products and Nintendo just applies what works in Japan to other territories. It's not so much that its in demand as it is they are simply supplying so few. If they were putting 30 at a time into Walmarts you wouldn't see any shortages. Instead they drip feed 2-3 units per store every few weeks at best, its Amiibos and the Wii launch all over again. Japan got a massive allocation of 250,000 systems, I doubt the rest of the world has seen even close to that. Its certainly nowhere near the 2 million figure that someone claimed previously.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1669 posts
356 upvotes
Unionville, ON
It was in stock on Walmart.ca last week for about 30 minutes.

Bought one. Played with it for an hour. Haven't played it since. It's another dust magnet in my otherwise full entertainment unit.

Just be patient, and F the scalpers.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel