• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 12:51 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 6, 2008
580 posts
96 upvotes
London
Yay. I got one. Walmart in Hyde park in London Ontario had a couple today. Randomly saw a guy buying one and I asked if they had more. Yup 2 left.
Mar 30, 2009
787 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone who used the latest Hakchi2 mod, can it still be used if the system has been modded with the first version of the file? In other words, is the process the same where it just overrides the previous mod? I also heard Game Genie codes work on this? True, Untrue?

Thanks guys.
Nov 12, 2012
43 posts
7 upvotes
BINBROOK
redeagle wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 5:22 am
For anyone who used the latest Hakchi2 mod, can it still be used if the system has been modded with the first version of the file? In other words, is the process the same where it just overrides the previous mod? I also heard Game Genie codes work on this? True, Untrue?

Thanks guys.
Yep, it just overwrites the first version, worked just fine
Mar 30, 2009
787 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
hob2008 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 10:12 am
Yep, it just overwrites the first version, worked just fine
Sweet! Thank you!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2101 posts
49 upvotes
Rfd10202 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2017 9:03 am
Now possible to add 700 games:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comme ... confirmed/

I have not tried it myself.

Also ...you can add retro-arch and play gameboy, genesis games and I believe even SNES games on the mini NES classic.

Wonder if its possible to modify the dashboard on this yet?....maybe even change the sound too.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
3854 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
It's available on amazon now for Prime members

*EDIT* and OOS now
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan
I wonder what happened here.

It obviously wasn't artificial scarcity. Did they just really not expect that demand? (let's be honest though, 2 million is a large number)

There has to be an issue with a part as well that's not allowing them to make more, faster. Unless the Switch has taken over their manufacturing.
Aug 20, 2008
755 posts
91 upvotes
Anyone bought from Amazon in Europe (either Spain, Germany, France or UK)? They seem to have regular restocks, particularly Spain.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8519 posts
1127 upvotes
Montreal
cayouche wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 8:55 am
Anyone bought from Amazon in Europe (either Spain, Germany, France or UK)? They seem to have regular restocks, particularly Spain.
Yes but the frame rate will be different, so if you are purist you'll hate it (notice it). :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5903 posts
1656 upvotes
Can you image if they made 2 million and no one cared?

They'd be buried in a landfill in Nevada somewhere ... I was actually surprised at the demand. I think Christmas really fueled the mania, and now it has carried over.

I can fault Nintendo for many things, but I genuinely believe this time they just mis-guessed the demand.
Aug 20, 2008
755 posts
91 upvotes
yuprules wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 11:38 am
Yes but the frame rate will be different, so if you are purist you'll hate it (notice it). :)
Not true.

Despite being branded differently between North America and the PAL region, both regions distributed identical hardware and software. All the games included were based on their North American localisations and run at 60 Hz in all regions. The console's user interface supports up to eight languages; this does not change the language in-game.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8519 posts
1127 upvotes
Montreal
cayouche wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 12:52 pm
Not true.

Despite being branded differently between North America and the PAL region, both regions distributed identical hardware and software. All the games included were based on their North American localisations and run at 60 Hz in all regions. The console's user interface supports up to eight languages; this does not change the language in-game.
Really, they didn't change the FPS for the Europeon model? Then that's cool! Buy it and just use any good quality USB power adapter :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)