PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch Lite Announced! - Portable Mode Only...

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 4:20 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: That's my point though, all you have is game streaming. The Switch can't natively run most of the decent titles in Gamepass (AA/AAA exclusives or third party games) and all of the indie games are usually ported to it anyway. All the Switch could do is stream them from Microsoft or as an alternative, a PC on your local network. That's why I don't see it as being a big deal.
Nah, I think he means a gamepass as in we'd be able to DL and play a lot of those indies on a subscription rather than pay for them outright, given the switch's lack of deep sales. I'd be down for that - something like Slay the Spire, for instance, seems tailor made for something like the switch, and there are quite a few other gems where graphics and a smaller screen actually doesn't go against it.
Bored...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
BYan wrote: given the switch's lack of deep sales.
This would be the reason I can't imagine something like gamepass ever coming to Switch. Why introduce a cheap subscription service people are paying $30-40 bucks for simple indie games already
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
8311 posts
38 upvotes
Seems like they are trying to kill off the 2DS/3DS (do they even still make games for these?) cause I wouldn't take this over the original Switch.

On a side note, anyone know if there is a portable dock that doesn't brick your system yet? lol
Good, Fast, or Cheap: Pick Two.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: This would be the reason I can't imagine something like gamepass ever coming to Switch
Me neither. Nintendo has a great machine and great games, but the Nintendo 'premium' is very much a thing. Maybe I'm just spoiled by PC gaming, but on the eshop, even 30% sales are considered very good for bigger titles, and the non-shovelware indies rarely go above 50% if ever that.
Bored...
Jun 11, 2018
130 posts
93 upvotes
This is definitely aimed at 3DS users that haven't ported over to a switch yet.

Big pass for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)