• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 9:48 pm
Jun 28, 2018
2 posts
3 upvotes

Nintendo Switch now $379 in Canada

Images
  • NintendoSwitch_hardware_Console_05.jpg
Last edited by sachinbahal on Jun 29th, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2679 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
Even in shoppers? It says $399.99 in this week's 20X flyer. Wondering if they actually update the price when I go there tomorrow :rolleyes:
Jun 28, 2018
2 posts
3 upvotes
mymuro wrote: Even in shoppers? It says $399.99 in this week's 20X flyer. Wondering if they actually update the price when I go there tomorrow :rolleyes:
The price drop was just announced/launched today and their flyer was probably already being printed by the time Nintendo announced the price drop
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2679 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
sachinbahal wrote: The price drop was just announced/launched today and their flyer was probably already being printed by the time Nintendo announced the price drop
Yeah I know. Just wondering if they r competentSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes enough to update the price. Maybe I should give them a call after dinner.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2089 posts
991 upvotes
YYC
When would be the next 20x event? Wondering if I should get it tomorrow or wait.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4193 posts
2224 upvotes
Niagara
I saw this, was there a corresponding US price drop as well?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2089 posts
991 upvotes
YYC
Confirmed $379 at shoppers too.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
Canadian dollar is dropping though? unless Switch is getting a North American/worldwide price cut?
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Nintendo prices separately in Canada and the US. Check the prices on the next eShop sale for example and you'll see the Canada/US prices don't line up with the exchange rate, typically in our favor.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2173 posts
883 upvotes
I’m new to the switch. Games seem expensive. The console didn’t come with a game. Any suggestions to get started? Also, what’s the best place to buy games? Any discounts?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
second2none wrote: I’m new to the switch. Games seem expensive. The console didn’t come with a game. Any suggestions to get started? Also, what’s the best place to buy games? Any discounts?
I agree, got one for the kids for their birthday. Only to be shocked by the pricing Nintendo has placed. $80 games? $100 controller? I got Mario Kart for them during the EB games 50% deal if you got a Switch. Other than that, I'll probably just shop Kijiji for used games. They should not be priced the same as PS4/Xbox games. Good thing is the games they play doesn't require a 2nd joy-con and they like playing Fortnite which was free.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
Kkhan15 wrote: I agree, got one for the kids for their birthday. Only to be shocked by the pricing Nintendo has placed. $80 games? $100 controller? I got Mario Kart for them during the EB games 50% deal if you got a Switch. Other than that, I'll probably just shop Kijiji for used games. They should not be priced the same as PS4/Xbox games. Good thing is the games they play doesn't require a 2nd joy-con and they like playing Fortnite which was free.
Agree and disagree.

Some first party titles are easily worth the $80. I think they could even get away charging $99 CAD for a title like Zelda or Mario and people would still buy it. On the other hand, crap like 1, 2, Switch should have been included for free, and they should have priced many last-gen games at the $40-50 range.

Definitely look on Kijiji if you're not in a rush to buy a game. There are also a ton of amazing indie games in the $10-$40 range.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
superfresh89 wrote: Agree and disagree.

Some first party titles are easily worth the $80. I think they could even get away charging $99 CAD for a title like Zelda or Mario and people would still buy it. On the other hand, crap like 1, 2, Switch should have been included for free, and they should have priced many last-gen games at the $40-50 range.

Definitely look on Kijiji if you're not in a rush to buy a game. There are also a ton of amazing indie games in the $10-$40 range.
I can agree with that comment. To me Mario Kart is worth the $80 as we would play it as a household, but for now its the 2 of them (trying to avoid that $100 controller) lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
Kkhan15 wrote: I can agree with that comment. To me Mario Kart is worth the $80 as we would play it as a household, but for now its the 2 of them (trying to avoid that $100 controller) lol
I grabbed my Switch during a 20x PCO points event and used the points towards a second joy-con :) Also picked up a pro controller but I don't even use it that often. Are you thinking pro controller or another joycon?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
superfresh89 wrote: I grabbed my Switch during a 20x PCO points event and used the points towards a second joy-con :) Also picked up a pro controller but I don't even use it that often. Are you thinking pro controller or another joycon?
Joycon, kids aren't really into games that would be of benefit from a Pro.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11790 posts
5893 upvotes
The Pro controller is the most ergonomic way to play games on the Nintendo Switch IMO.

The best deal on them thus far are the eBay coupons for $15 off $75+ to bring it down to $64
ebay-canada-nintendo-switch-pro-control ... 0-2204271/

The coupon codes come up every two to four weeks and if you are patient enough to wait for shipping.
Oct 26, 2014
250 posts
138 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
mymuro wrote: Even in shoppers? It says $399.99 in this week's 20X flyer. Wondering if they actually update the price when I go there tomorrow :rolleyes:
sachinbahal wrote:
The price drop was just announced/launched today and their flyer was probably already being printed by the time Nintendo announced the price drop
mymuro wrote: Yeah I know. Just wondering if they r competentSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes enough to update the price. Maybe I should give them a call after dinner.
inocent wrote: When would be the next 20x event? Wondering if I should get it tomorrow or wait.

The next 20x event is for Beauty Products only.

20x the points when you spend $75.00 or more on beauty products (Saturday, August 25 to Thursday, August 30)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1251 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looking to get the switch now for the kids, now that we sold the wii u. BB had a deal last week with 1 game (mario), that we just missed. Just wondering if these type of bundles show up regularly? Do i need to wait until Xmas? As I don't see many bundles. Only looking at BB as I will be redeeming Visa points for gift card.
BB has one right now with a different game that I'm not interested in. Mario and Go Kart should be enough to keep them busy. Along with Fortnite...How's Splatoon? Is that something the kids would enjoy?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1978 posts
603 upvotes
toronto
milhouse611 wrote: Looking to get the switch now for the kids, now that we sold the wii u. BB had a deal last week with 1 game (mario), that we just missed. Just wondering if these type of bundles show up regularly? Do i need to wait until Xmas? As I don't see many bundles. Only looking at BB as I will be redeeming Visa points for gift card.
BB has one right now with a different game that I'm not interested in. Mario and Go Kart should be enough to keep them busy. Along with Fortnite...How's Splatoon? Is that something the kids would enjoy?
pokemon bundle and smash brothers bundles incoming for the holiday. Kids these days have a low attention span, it depends what their friends are playing is whats most important.
think first, buy later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)