• Mar 23rd, 2017 11:43 am
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1727 posts
379 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Ziggurat wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 6:58 pm
Cool, which locations, and did they have any more?
Best Buy and an EB.

CostCo has stock too; was there earlier.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1727 posts
379 upvotes
Unionville, ON
mrtvgame wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 2:06 pm
Dumped mine for $510 no problem on Friday afternoon. :)

You bought 2 units eh. ;)
Giving one away for a marketing draw and keeping one for myself.

Played it for a couple of hours, then went back to Horizon Zero Dawn. At the end of the day, it's another game console that will continually be made. Only suckers pay scumbag scalper prices. Seriously, if someone's gotta rip people off for $60-$75, those people are small minded and can't think of the bigger picture.

Real estate on the other hand, that's the bigger picture where the bigger profit is. But that's a whole other topic.

Don't pay scalper prices for a Switch; plenty out there if you keep looking. It's also March, not holiday season too.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1964 posts
152 upvotes
Ajax
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 3:13 pm
I'm always amazed at the amount of effort people are willing to go through for a quick buck. To have to order/list/meet and knowingly rip someone off for a 75$ profit makes me think most of these people are minimum wage employees with nothing better to do with their time.
This is RFD after all. I pre-ordered in January, 2 minutes, free shipping to my house. Listed on kijij, 3 minutes. 2 immediate offers. guy comes by pays money in another 3 mins. $70 for 8 minutes of time. That's $8.75 per minute. Oh and I make 97k/year. It's more about the thrill than anything else. And it pays for consoles and/or games.

Not sure why it always has to be negative when it is free marketing.

Also, there's are lost of posts here suggested widespread availability yet no proof. Someone mentioned Costco, when Costo stated they are not carrying the console at this time.
Paying an extra $50 to $100 is nothing to save time and all the running around. lol
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1964 posts
152 upvotes
Ajax
Ascott wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 2:22 pm
There was the Tonight Show appearance too.
Ah that's right. Guess I was looking for mainstream TV commercials and non-gaming print advertising. I am starting to see it now, so good on them.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1964 posts
152 upvotes
Ajax
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 5:40 pm
Giving one away for a marketing draw and keeping one for myself.

Played it for a couple of hours, then went back to Horizon Zero Dawn. At the end of the day, it's another game console that will continually be made. Only suckers pay scumbag scalper prices. Seriously, if someone's gotta rip people off for $60-$75, those people are small minded and can't think of the bigger picture.

Real estate on the other hand, that's the bigger picture where the bigger profit is. But that's a whole other topic.

Don't pay scalper prices for a Switch; plenty out there if you keep looking. It's also March, not holiday season too.
Yeah it's a hot real estate market and every Joe is suddenly a real estate agent. lol What happens when the bubble bursts and may people cannot afford their homes?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3248 posts
106 upvotes
Sherbrooke
mrtvgame wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 7:00 pm
Ah that's right. Guess I was looking for mainstream TV commercials and non-gaming print advertising. I am starting to see it now, so good on them.
There's TV spot since about a week now. I have seen added ads in a Hockey game (digitally added behind the net). There's paid ads on Youtube and facebbok.. they sent a lot of console to youtuber and press which give them a lot of exposure..

They are doing ok imo. I actually ordered a switch because of the advertising since I didn't follow the last few month after reveal and didn't preordered.
May 30, 2011
351 posts
108 upvotes
Winnipeg
So weird. I have 2 coming from bestbuy. One shipped Thursday and won't be here until Tuesday. The other one didn't ship until Saturday but will be here tomorrow. Both came from the same location. I'll never understand how this stuff works lol. Oh and zelda shipped on thursday too but will be here tomorrow. Thankfully one console is showing up tomorrow.
Feb 24, 2006
813 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
In the hands of CanadaPost since Friday night, hopefully gets here before end of the business day (had it delivered to my office).
The name is Art.
My heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4584 posts
560 upvotes
My best buy order went from expected shipping date of 03/09/17 to "out for delivery"
Jul 27, 2010
317 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Awesome, Best Buy shipped my Switch pre-order and it arrived today, just in time for the launch date of March 6! How's that for service, GG Best Buy!

What's that? March 3?? But I pre-ordered it Jan 13... surely it could have arrived by launch day??

Yep... "good going" Best Buy... Way to live 'up' to expectations:
1_blue_pixel wrote:
Jan 29th, 2017 10:48 am
Just got an email from Bestbuy, at least now it clears up the incorrect "March 31 shipping date":

But it also makes it sound like it won't be mailed out until the day of March 3, meaning March 6 arrival at best....

Oh well, by next week I'm probably not going to care that I got it a few days late...
Nov 26, 2013
342 posts
170 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not sure if I should return mine or sell at cost. I got to try a friend's before opening mine and while I thought I would enjoy it, the Switch is sadly not my thing. I guess I bought into the hype lol - should have expected that when my Wii U is a $230 Smash machine. I guess I'll see if friends want it then return to BestBuy if it gets to close to the return period end date.
Aug 14, 2006
75 posts
7 upvotes
Pre-ordered Grey + Zelda Special Edition from Amazon on January 13. Tracking says delivered to my front door March 3, but nothing ever came so either stolen or lost. Amazon can't / won't replace it since they don't have stock and apparently can't queue me for when they do get stock replaced.

Back to the hunt for me... Haven't been able to find any stock in Hamilton
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1909 posts
276 upvotes
Montreal
ReaperEXE wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:27 am
Not sure if I should return mine or sell at cost. I got to try a friend's before opening mine and while I thought I would enjoy it, the Switch is sadly not my thing. I guess I bought into the hype lol - should have expected that when my Wii U is a $230 Smash machine. I guess I'll see if friends want it then return to BestBuy if it gets to close to the return period end date.
its always the lack of game that cause the lack of interest... people gets Switch right now for one thing Zelda lol
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1320 posts
635 upvotes
Windsor
dragonvaloo wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:37 am
Pre-ordered Grey + Zelda Special Edition from Amazon on January 13. Tracking says delivered to my front door March 3, but nothing ever came so either stolen or lost. Amazon can't / won't replace it since they don't have stock and apparently can't queue me for when they do get stock replaced.

Back to the hunt for me... Haven't been able to find any stock in Hamilton
Did they refund the money back to your account?
Aug 14, 2006
75 posts
7 upvotes
mymuro wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 12:14 pm
Did they refund the money back to your account?
They did, but all I really wanted was my Switch
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel