Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1347 posts
680 upvotes
Windsor
dragonvaloo wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 1:46 pm
They did, but all I really wanted was my Switch
Any idea what was going on with your package? My friend was at home Saturday but never received anything from Amazon. However their tracking detail said the package was delivered! Sounds like they somehow messed up their shipping system.
Aug 14, 2006
75 posts
7 upvotes
Mine says the same thing. No idea what actually happened, but at this point it's either lost in the system somewhere or someone stole it off the door step
Dec 25, 2015
26 posts
13 upvotes
Does anyone know if Costco is selling the console? The website only lists the games..
Mar 30, 2009
804 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
dragonvaloo wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 1:46 pm
They did, but all I really wanted was my Switch
Shoot me a PM. I have one listed on EBay at the moment but I'll take down the ad and sell it at retail. Just would ask for you to cover shipping please.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2073 posts
1103 upvotes
JacobM604313 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 3:30 pm
Does anyone know if Costco is selling the console? The website only lists the games..
I went on release day and they told me they won't be receiving any at all, and they have no planned shipments.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
dragonvaloo wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 2:14 pm
Mine says the same thing. No idea what actually happened, but at this point it's either lost in the system somewhere or someone stole it off the door step
Who was the shipper? Canadapost shipped mine from amazon, but it was a key-in-the-mailbox thing. If you know your neighbours well might want to try asking them as well.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Aug 14, 2006
75 posts
7 upvotes
BYan wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 7:54 pm
Who was the shipper? Canadapost shipped mine from amazon, but it was a key-in-the-mailbox thing. If you know your neighbours well might want to try asking them as well.
It was Canada Post. They said specifically "Delivered to front door" and no key has shown up in the mailbox either and the post office doesnt have anything. Haven't tried asking the neighbour, but its a new development and we only have someone living one side of us right now
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
dragonvaloo wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 7:57 pm
It was Canada Post. They said specifically "Delivered to front door" and no key has shown up in the mailbox either and the post office doesnt have anything. Haven't tried asking the neighbour, but its a new development and we only have someone living one side of us right now
I feel for you man. Worst case scenario it's as you said and somebody picked it off your porch and walked off, in which case you're stuck with it. I'd advise you to get in touch with Canadapost and make your case very clearly and severely, as well as with Amazon who should be offering a little more in terms of compensation. It won't get your package back, but at least it'll stir things up a little so it's not dropped outright.

Aug 14, 2006
75 posts
7 upvotes
BYan wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 8:59 pm
I feel for you man. Worst case scenario it's as you said and somebody picked it off your porch and walked off, in which case you're stuck with it. I'd advise you to get in touch with Canadapost and make your case very clearly and severely, as well as with Amazon who should be offering a little more in terms of compensation. It won't get your package back, but at least it'll stir things up a little so it's not dropped outright.
Yeah I've been in touch with both Canada Post and Amazon, so we'll see if anything turns up! Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath, so I'm looking into just replacing the purchases. Amazon refunded me and offered me a 5$ credit (thanks I guess?). The order also included the Special Edition Zelda, so overall like 550$ worth of product is MIA... Did manage to snag an order of Zelda at Walmart this afternoon
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10510 posts
563 upvotes
BYan wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 8:59 pm
^Canada Post can't do anything if they weren't specifically asked for a signature or a 'do not safe drop' notice. I find Amazon doesn't usually do that whereas Best Buy tends to not safe drop anything I have ordered from them. Also, they have no idea what you ordered. They could have been delivering a bunch of kleenex boxes.

Amazon already refunded them the full purchase so I don't know why any further compensation is required. It is difficult for the CSR or Amazon to fully believe the situation when the package was listed as delivered. Otherwise everyone would just go on the chat and say they don't see their package (even though they have it) and Amazon just refunds a million legit purchases.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 1:30 am
Amazon already refunded them the full purchase so I don't know why any further compensation is required. It is difficult for the CSR or Amazon to fully believe the situation when the package was listed as delivered. Otherwise everyone would just go on the chat and say they don't see their package (even though they have it) and Amazon just refunds a million legit purchases.
It's not an easily obtainable item though. If he ended up cancelling his order elsewhere and lost his package, then it's only right that he make the point clear with Amazon, because while they've lost an item, he's out his time, which is usually far more valuable. And he did say he'd rather have the machine than the money. As for what they can do about it, one would think a retailer-especially a billion dollar one-would try to make things right as best they could. My point is CSRs will drop the matter if you do, but if you don't, usually something can be done about it. At the very least, you can push them to keep taking the matter up with Canadapost from their end, and if it does turn out to be mail theft, they can then go further with an investigation.

I like to think that if someone walked off with my package, then the very least I can do is to get someone to look into it. You never know.

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3275 posts
121 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Well LondonDrugs are using the camel option with Canapost, my switch will arrive on march 15. A wooping 9 days transit time...
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10510 posts
563 upvotes
BYan wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 8:24 am
I like to think that if someone walked off with my package, then the very least I can do is to get someone to look into it. You never know.
You can't do anything about it. I had a package disappear once. Canada Post can't do anything. It's not like they have a camera or GPS attached to your package and are tracking it until the very moment you open it. Amazon has already refunded them the full price. I am inclined to believe the package was lost or stolen but it could easily be that they are pulling a scam (ie. Get the Switch and their money back on false claims). They definitely aren't involving the cops in something so minor.

Trust me, complain with best buy (when the package says delivered) and they won't refund you anything.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 4:03 pm
You can't do anything about it. I had a package disappear once. Canada Post can't do anything. It's not like they have a camera or GPS attached to your package and are tracking it until the very moment you open it. Amazon has already refunded them the full price. I am inclined to believe the package was lost or stolen but it could easily be that they are pulling a scam (ie. Get the Switch and their money back on false claims). They definitely aren't involving the cops in something so minor.

Trust me, complain with best buy (when the package says delivered) and they won't refund you anything.
That's my point. You gotta push for these things. Doing something might not get you any results (and I'm with you when it usually doesn't), but doing nothing will certainly stop anything from happening. Again, you never know with these things. And it doesn't hurt any to let them know that. My neighbour gets free lawn maintenance from the city every year because the sidewalk plow runs over his lawn every winter and he writes enough letters to matter. I personally know one person who had a lost package tracked down, though with a different shipper by pushing it until it escalated. Things DO happen, but you do have to work your end as well. Just sayin'

I don't understand why Canadapost drops things off on your doorstep these days. I'd much rather get the notice in the mail to go and pick it up if the item's too big to handle, tbh.

Apr 10, 2007
13 posts
Delta
Was just at the Walmart in Tsawwassen at 1pm in there were 2 or 3 Switches in the lock up along with a few games and accessories. Just in case anyone is still looking for one.