PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch Pre Order

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2017 6:52 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2897 posts
189 upvotes
Preordered one for my 9 year old son, whose birthday was at the end of January. I was going to return it because of the lack of games, but he decided he wanted to keep it. I'm very concerned with what I've seen those, in terms of glitches, scratches, lack of launch games, etc. Definitely need to get some kind of screen protector on it. Was looking at the
Biogenik one at EB, maybe with the kit. Any other recommendations?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9146 posts
798 upvotes
movieking wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 7:25 am
Preordered one for my 9 year old son, whose birthday was at the end of January. I was going to return it because of the lack of games, but he decided he wanted to keep it. I'm very concerned with what I've seen those, in terms of glitches, scratches, lack of launch games, etc. Definitely need to get some kind of screen protector on it. Was looking at the
Biogenik one at EB, maybe with the kit. Any other recommendations?
I ordered 2 glass protectors from ebay for $2 each.. but that will take months to get here. In the meantime, I am going to get a plastic film one from Best Buy or EB. I am also eyeing a case for it as I will probably end up using the switch more as a portable.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2797 posts
1185 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 6:58 pm
This is RFD after all. I pre-ordered in January, 2 minutes, free shipping to my house. Listed on kijij, 3 minutes. 2 immediate offers. guy comes by pays money in another 3 mins. $70 for 8 minutes of time. That's $8.75 per minute. Oh and I make 97k/year. It's more about the thrill than anything else. And it pays for consoles and/or games.

Not sure why it always has to be negative when it is free marketing.

Also, there's are lost of posts here suggested widespread availability yet no proof. Someone mentioned Costco, when Costo stated they are not carrying the console at this time.
Paying an extra $50 to $100 is nothing to save time and all the running around. lol
Can you tell us what you do for 97k
Dec 4, 2008
495 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal
mrtvgame wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 6:58 pm
Not sure why it always has to be negative when it is free marketing.
Because you were given money solely on the basis you were faster than someone else at pre-ordering for the sole motivation to make money.
You've provided absolutely no service or product for which to justify the surcharge other than because there is a shortage from other channels.
How can you not be regarded negatively.

Lastly how is this effective marketing? You are selling something to someone who already know they want the product.
Dec 10, 2005
201 posts
21 upvotes
Hello,

Has anyone been able to locate pro controllers?

I've just started my hunt for this and it seems everyone is out of stock.
- Saw one online at best buy yesterday but failed at check-out.

Cheers,
Apr 10, 2011
57 posts
6 upvotes
They had one around me, can't remember if it was Walmart or Best Buy, at Mascouche, QC.

What I cannot find myself is the case/screen protector from Nintendo...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5930 posts
775 upvotes
Grimsby
akravator wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 3:50 pm
Hello,

Cheers,
I scored one at Walmart earlier in my area, they had like 5 boxes just sitting on the shelves.
Nov 25, 2009
434 posts
50 upvotes
akravator wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 3:50 pm
Hello,

Cheers,
I'd say Walmart as well, saw 5+ controllers at my local one (Brampton on Highway 10 and Bovaird)
Jul 27, 2010
327 posts
163 upvotes
Victoria, BC
tarushin wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 12:14 pm
its always the lack of game that cause the lack of interest... people gets Switch right now for one thing Zelda lol

That's what I was thinking, but I got 3 games so far, snipperclips, fast RMX & Zelda. So 3 games at launch is not bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3275 posts
121 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Received my switch from LondonDrugs this morning. Everything's fine with it. No joycon issue (it work even behind a wall at 12ft)

Got Zelda, Snipperclips and fastRmx.
Dec 10, 2005
201 posts
21 upvotes
cycro27 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 12:29 am
I'd say Walmart as well, saw 5+ controllers at my local one (Brampton on Highway 10 and Bovaird)
Thank you very much for this recommendation.
Couldn't find anything immediately local to me so I made the drive to this location.
As of yesterday at 9PM they still had 2 pro controllers in stock.

Having a 'real' controller in-hand really reinforces to me that the joycon+grip solution is a half-measure at best for my tastes.
- I certainly recommend the quality of the pro controller after a few hours.
- But the price of it is still offensive to me

Cheers,
Nov 25, 2009
434 posts
50 upvotes
akravator wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 12:01 pm
Thank you very much for this recommendation.
Couldn't find anything immediately local to me so I made the drive to this location.
As of yesterday at 9PM they still had 2 pro controllers in stock.

Having a 'real' controller in-hand really reinforces to me that the joycon+grip solution is a half-measure at best for my tastes.
- I certainly recommend the quality of the pro controller after a few hours.
- But the price of it is still offensive to me

Cheers,
Glad I could be of help :) I won't lie, I stood in front of the glass case and considered the pro controller for a solid 15 minutes, but that price... I just couldn't
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2466 posts
459 upvotes
Quebec
other than the fact of its being "new", i dont know what value people find in this piece of hardware...maybe i am not the target customer for this console, i just own all the console existed since the first nintendo...but after the gamecube, i find nintendo console being the same year after year...weak console with not much of software. i am getting old.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10557 posts
578 upvotes
Scarborough
HyperTech wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:42 pm
other than the fact of its being "new", i dont know what value people find in this piece of hardware...maybe i am not the target customer for this console, i just own all the console existed since the first nintendo...but after the gamecube, i find nintendo console being the same year after year...weak console with not much of software. i am getting old.
Nintendo has great software but I understand where you are coming from. For me its the same over and over again and the games are starting to get tedious for me.

It's the same issue people have on other consoles where there are sequels are sequels. Even though its a different Mario, its still a Mario sequel. The only difference is that the other sequels have full fleshed stories (movie-like) that can carry me through a game.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2331 posts
1234 upvotes
HyperTech wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:42 pm
You might have out-grown your love for Nintendo... were you born before/around 1980?

Nintendo's target audience is obviously kids... it just happens that many of us aged 20-35, who grew up as the Nintendo generation, are now adults with money to spend and never got sick of Mario, Zelda or Pokémon. Furthermore, Nintendo is really big on local multiplayer, and it's no fun when all your friends are grown up with families and don't have time to mash out some Smash Bros or Mario Kart with you.

I agree that it's not that impressive spec wise, but the portability is the selling feature here. I already have a high-end gaming PC for most of my gaming, so a portable console like the Switch makes perfect sense to me. There's so many good games coming out.... man, Nintendo has my bank account by the balls for at least the next year :P