• Jan 13th, 2024 6:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
Something is very strange with how third parties are approaching the Switch. Bethesda has been cagey with Skyrim Switch ever since it was in the Switch reveal in October. If Skyrim on the Switch is the Special Edition I'm sure Nintendo would be touting it.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/b ... al-edition

Game reviewers have no idea when they will receive a copy of Super Bomberman R.

Ubisoft has no timeframe for when Steep and Rayman Legends will release.

8 days from release, the launch line up still seems fluid. Binding of Issac was delayed and Shovel Knight/Fast RMX are being bumped up. Sure they are smaller games, but you'd expect the launch line up to be set in a couple months in advance.

No first or third party game has a set release date past May 23rd (Disgaea 5).
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Well yeah, they're clearly launching to early. There's nothing left to rake off the charred remains of the Wii U and investors are getting testy.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Because they crammed too much shit into a tiny volume. Same reason they're so poorly priced. Nintendo really needs someone in the management that will tell the Miyamoto's and Koizumi's that if they can't implement something practically, from both a material and game play perspective, they shouldn't implement it at all.

I'm not all that worried about this personally. I have small hands and my living room setup shouldn't be an issue, but it's a pretty huge **** up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7848 posts
9214 upvotes
Vancouver
Ren wrote: How did they **** that up in this day and age!
Given how rushed the Switch launch was, I would be surprised if the controller problem is the only hardware bug in the system.
Sep 4, 2016
904 posts
350 upvotes
Lots of unemployed people in Calgary right now and the word going around is that expect many of these people (looking for full time employement) to be lining up at Best Buy come March 3 to scalp these Nintendo Stitches for profit.
"It took eight years for DDP Yoga to become an overnight sensation" - Diamond Dallas Page
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
Mayosandwich is back as DDP?

Is it due to the oil industry crashing in Alberta?
DiamondDallasPage wrote: Lots of unemployed people in Calgary right now and the word going around is that expect many of these people (looking for full time employement) to be lining up at Best Buy come March 3 to scalp these Nintendo Stitches for profit.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Ascott wrote: Apparently the JoyCons are pulling an iPhone 4 with its antenna placement.
Unbelievable. The fact that so many different journalists have already encountered this shows that it will show up in regular use cases IMO. We sit pretty far back from the TV and have a lot of other devices, I'm worried about interference now.

Waiting for a Jobs-esque "so don't use it that way!" comment.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2069 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Waiting for a Jobs-esque "so don't use it that way!" comment.
LOL cue the Nintendo instructional video on how to properly hold and play a joycon!

Wow what a mess. Hopefully it's just a simple day 1 patch fix else if it's hardware related it's going to get ugly.
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Given how rushed the Switch launch was, I would be surprised if the controller problem is the only hardware bug in the system.
how do we know Switch is rushed? We've known a bout the console for almost 2 years now.
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Someone put it to the test and Zelda is actually 2.5 hours on max brightness. Anxious to see how other games rate in terms of battery life.
LOL, yeah, not surprised if Zelda's 3 hrs was touting numbers when the screen was dimmed all the way. Heck, maybe they even turned off the sound!

Also, I wonder what kind of heat the Switch will produce. Most of the journalists that I've listened to have mentioned that the times they were brought in to demo the units, the units were physically locked down to the table and couldn't pick it up.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
twitchyzero wrote: how do we know Switch is rushed? We've known a bout the console for almost 2 years now.
Nope. We've known they were developing a successor to the Wii U. During that time they could have been developing many variations of it and just happened to decide on the final one months ago. This could explain the lack of info on the UI, internet connectivity, storage space, battery life, third party support...etc.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4660 upvotes
Toronto
gatorb6 wrote: Wow what a mess. Hopefully it's just a simple day 1 patch fix else if it's hardware related it's going to get ugly.
No software patch can fix a hardware issue.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
Positive quotes for The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild previews:

Compilation of Zelda previews - source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347188

Some are saying it is shaping up to be the best Zelda game since Ocarina of Time (N64).
The last Zelda game, (Skyward Sword on the Wii) was not regarded highly compared to other Zelda games due to it's motion plus controls which were not always accurate.

The Switch version has framerate drops and stutters below 30 frames per second as shown in this video by Easy Allies therefore it is not only in the Wii U version.
Some other disappointments include spoken English or Japanese voice acting is only during cutscenes. NPCs do not have spoken lines of voice acting during gameplay.
ie. NPCs will utter non language specific sounds like "Hmm?" used in previous Zelda games.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 24th, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Redmask wrote: Unbelievable. The fact that so many different journalists have already encountered this shows that it will show up in regular use cases IMO. We sit pretty far back from the TV and have a lot of other devices, I'm worried about interference now.

Waiting for a Jobs-esque "so don't use it that way!" comment.
Every new console launch these last couple of generations have had issues. It will get rectified.

It's like no one remembers the PS4 launch woes of frozen and bricked units out of the box sprinkled with connectivity issues.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/sony- ... 2D11591131

Personally, my launch Wii U was more or less DOA and was replaced in a week or so.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote: how do we know Switch is rushed? We've known a bout the console for almost 2 years now.
I think we expected more from the Switch since we've known about the console for over 2 years. I think it's clear that while Nintendo announced the machine early, they are not well prepared for launch. With Wii U being a huge flop, one would expect more urgency from Nintendo.

When the Wii U line-up started thinning in 2015. Games journalists were optimistic, thinking that Nintendo is saving all those games for a strong NX launch line-up. No evidence of that either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)