PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) console to ship on March 3rd 2017. Zelda on NX & WiiU

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 28, 2007
496 posts
85 upvotes
Vancouver
I ended up getting Orzly case from amazon. It's a bit bulky but I don't mind it too much as I need it to just protect my Switch while it's in my backpack.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2034 posts
60 upvotes
+1 for the Orzly case.
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8
Gigabyte Z170X
32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3400
Asus Strix 1080 GTX
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Apr 10, 2012
599 posts
250 upvotes
I use Orzly carry case + Orzly screen protector. Both are perfect, but the price on both has gone up since I ordered.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
It is better than nothing but the new My Nintendo rewards are really lousy compared to the old Club Nintendo.
Club Nintendo had unique physical goods that cannot be obtained anywhere else as rewards.

Everything through the My Nintendo rewards are digital goods, and at best 20% - 40% discount codes off select digital games that never go on sale anyway.

I bought and registered 2 Nintendo Switch consoles, and around 7 Nintendo Switch games for 186 Gold Points in total.

The highest rewards available on the My Nintendo rewards page (140 Gold Points required for each) is a 30% off code for the digital Wii U version of games like
Xenoblade Chronicles, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Mario Kart 8.

The only improvement made to the new Nintendo rewards system is that registering games can be done directly on the
Nintendo Switch easily from the game's OS menu without having to manually type in and enter in a code (each game cartridge can be registered once).

There are still no Nintendo Switch category rewards on the page available yet.
https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/coupon
https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories

Last edited by XFactor11 on May 7th, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2023 posts
190 upvotes
Man, Club Nintendo at its best was amazing. I got a bunch of complete games through them.
Dec 9, 2007
160 posts
15 upvotes
I finally found a Switch on Amazon and placed an order. I am so looking forward to Splatoon 2. I spent so much time on the original and I am hoping the sequel to be as much fun.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2023 posts
190 upvotes
I'm just hoping they launch more robust online features for the system with Splatoon 2. What's their right now is... really poor, and certainly not worth paying for in the fall.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2251 posts
271 upvotes
Hamilton
My son has been asking about seeing the Switch in person (he's planning on asking for it for his bday or xmas later in the year). I've hit Best buy and EB Games quickly and they don't have it on display (at best buy they have a large display to show some videos about the Switch, but not a demo unit at all).

Any ideas if there are display/demo units out there?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3215 posts
329 upvotes
Markham
flair.14 wrote:
May 7th, 2017 7:09 pm
I finally found a Switch on Amazon and placed an order. I am so looking forward to Splatoon 2. I spent so much time on the original and I am hoping the sequel to be as much fun.
I wasn't going to buy Splatoon 2, but after playing the Test Fire, I ma hooked.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Nov 25, 2009
402 posts
43 upvotes
Did anyone notice Super Mario Odyssey went up in price from $79.99 to $99.99 on Amazon...? Glad I got my preorder in unnecessarily early.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9261 posts
434 upvotes
Markham
cycro27 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:27 am
Did anyone notice Super Mario Odyssey went up in price from $79.99 to $99.99 on Amazon...? Glad I got my preorder in unnecessarily early.
Yeah, I had saw too, I find it hard to believe it'll be $99.99, there must be some reason it is jacked at the price - maybe it'll include an amiibo or other pack in? That said I had preordered mine on amazon.ca at $74. Hopeful it'll still have everything in the package!

I'm still thinking it's more likely a placeholder, but it's weird it got jacked so high.
:lol: