PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) console to ship on March 3rd 2017. Zelda on NX & WiiU

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2017 9:57 am
Tags:
None
Nov 25, 2009
399 posts
41 upvotes
Hairball wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:54 am
Yeah, I had saw too, I find it hard to believe it'll be $99.99, there must be some reason it is jacked at the price - maybe it'll include an amiibo or other pack in? That said I had preordered mine on amazon.ca at $74. Hopeful it'll still have everything in the package!

I'm still thinking it's more likely a placeholder, but it's weird it got jacked so high.
It is so strange, I don't think Nintendo has sold games for $100 since the days of N64... I really hope it isn't actually $99 unless, like you said, it has some extras.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1959 posts
179 upvotes
The retailers are probably just hedging against the CAD falling again. At the very least, it makes sense for Amazon with their price guarantee and pre-order discount.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1625 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
The volatile situation south of the border will continue impact on the loonie. This is probably a precaution from Nintendo. I think retailers jacked up the price on Nintendo's request as titles such as Red Dead Redemption 2 are not affected.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1625 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
There are reports that Nintendo will be bringing Zelda to mobile soon. I may be in the minority here, but I'm liking Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes. The production values are great, they control well and the games are good to play in short bursts.

Defiantly looking forward to Zelda and Animal Crossing.

http://kotaku.com/report-nintendo-is-br ... 1795213021

Nintendo's mobile games also have seamless cloud saving. Hoping they can implement that on the Switch ASAP!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5692 posts
652 upvotes
Grimsby
$100 games would really suck but it will be moreso for the industry than me, I will just buy less them. I really want to play Mario Odyssey but not *that* much.

Anyways with Zelda done I'm looking for other games to play. I hope we see some RPGs soon.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3196 posts
324 upvotes
Markham
Arms is looking better all the time. Can't wait to play that Global TestPunch. That should tell me if I will really like it.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9240 posts
429 upvotes
Markham
cycro27 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:03 pm
It is so strange, I don't think Nintendo has sold games for $100 since the days of N64... I really hope it isn't actually $99 unless, like you said, it has some extras.
*shivers*
Those $100 games are dark days! But I guess with 20 year inflation, game prices aren't that bad!
:lol:
Nov 25, 2009
399 posts
41 upvotes
Hairball wrote:
May 18th, 2017 3:02 pm
*shivers*
Those $100 games are dark days! But I guess with 20 year inflation, game prices aren't that bad!
Honestly, I remember 10 year old me putting down a $5 deposit at Walmart to reserve Pokemon Stadium. Man oh man my parents were good to me to buy that for what I think was $120 back then... Although, I still play that game to this day on my N64 #worth!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
The price is still 60$ on amazon.com and everywhere else so Im guessing its either an error or as someone else said amazon.ca hedging themselves against the dollar swinging.

Im kind of longing for the days of the B3 for 40$ each preorders from future shop. It was especially great when they were offering 40$ trade-ins for new games.

I just cant bring myself to pay 80$ for the latest Mario Kart game.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5602 posts
1175 upvotes
They are probably hedging on the Canadian dollar tanking back to 1998 levels where N64 games were $99.99 and the Canadian dollar was worth around 0.67 of one US Dollar.

Unfortunately for Canada, the Canadian dollar is heavily tied to oil prices. And outside of natural resources, Canada does not particularly
provide much else at a world class level compared to other developed nations.

The lumber tariff, proposed dairy taxes and changes to NAFTA encourages the U.S. to buy American over cheaper Canadian imported goods.

Most of the entertainment, shows, technology, movies, etc, people enjoy, use and watch are American made or developed.
Even with the few major Canadian technology companies that did once have global appeal, the next time you upgrade your phone, you are not buying a Blackberry.

Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7778 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
If games start hitting $100 then I'll gladly vote with my wallet and not buy them. Then again I only game on PC now, and I just got prey ($79.99) for $40 so can't complain at that price.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3196 posts
324 upvotes
Markham
Anyone looking for Joy Cons? I've posted in Hot Deals. $84.25 for a set of left and right at Amazon.ca

amazon-ca-nintendo-swithc-left-right-jo ... y-2101960/

Also, 8bitdo's firmware 4.0 allows you to use their retro style controllers on the Switch.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/24/nin ... ad-8bitdo/
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel