PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) console to ship on March 3rd 2017. Zelda on NX & WiiU

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2023 posts
190 upvotes
That is with the brightness turned down. At 100% brightness, max volume, wifi on it's ~2.5 hours. These times are in BotW. It's longer in stuff like Puyo Puyo Tetris or indies like Kamiko obviously.
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
154 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:41 pm
damn that seems pretty low. How about with 50-75% brightness and does it still look good in handheld mode then?
2.5-3 hours for Zelda. Longer for other games. A $20 portable charger will double that pretty much.

Zelda looks better in handheld than the screen. Other games it varies, but the screen is really good.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3215 posts
329 upvotes
Markham
In case any one is still looking for one.
BestBuy has in store stock; they are taking reservation for in store pickup online. Some location have both grey and neon versions and also Arms bundle for those colours.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
154 upvotes
Toy R Us has 10 per store as well today.

For anyone waiting for a price drop, or a bundle with a game at a low price - it won't happen. They have no reason to, it's still selling and Nintendo hardware rarely gets discounted (unless it's not selling like the 3DS at launch).
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17237 posts
3601 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
My 5 year old playing ARMS is funny enough to watch it made the game worth it even if I end up not liking it myself.

Game looks great and is silky smooth with an excellent stable framerate. Switch hardware is great for stylized games like this.
Aug 25, 2015
777 posts
159 upvotes
Montreal, QC
LightYagami wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 1:20 pm
Toy R Us has 10 per store as well today.

For anyone waiting for a price drop, or a bundle with a game at a low price - it won't happen. They have no reason to, it's still selling and Nintendo hardware rarely gets discounted (unless it's not selling like the 3DS at launch).
might get a bundle this holiday but other than that, a price drop would only occur next year. it's still too early in its life cycle anyway

I'm tempted to get one now but I'll wait for this fall when weather gets colder and Mario is out
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
1180 posts
408 upvotes
Markham
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 11:06 am
might get a bundle this holiday but other than that, a price drop would only occur next year. it's still too early in its life cycle anyway

I'm tempted to get one now but I'll wait for this fall when weather gets colder and Mario is out
Actually I wouldn't count on a price drop. Even the slow selling Wii U had only 1 price drop and only for the US market when its launch failed. After 2013...you never saw an official price drop from Nintendo for that console anywhere. The Switch's launch however seems very successful and the last very successful Nintendo console was the Wii...that took nearly 3 years to drop its price.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1663 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
Nintendo and hardware price drops are interesting. It would be tough to predict what Nintendo will do.

Back during the GameCube era Nintendo dropped the price of that machine frequently. In less than four years, I remember it going from $300 CDN to $90 CDN.

The Wii rarely had a price drop. But that was a unique console with unique circumstances.

The 3DS had frequent price drops. And then new iterations brought the price up back again.

When the Wii U was failing, Nintendo chose not to drop the price. They probably realized it would be no benefit to them.
Nov 25, 2009
402 posts
43 upvotes
If anyone is looking for a switch still the Walmart on Bovaird and Hurontario (hwy10) has two in stock. Just saw them myself June 18th at 4:00 pm :)
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
3886 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone plz confirm if there is a switch in the scarborogh/northyork/toronto area at either toys r us or wal mart (i have gift cards to use)

thanks
Top 3 Best RFD Deals ever:
AC Black Flag, COD Ghosts and Battlefied 4 for free - [removed]
Free $200 Staples gift card - [removed]
10 copies of Madden 14 for $1.00 each -[[removed]

[removed shortened links]
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
154 upvotes
No ARMS discussion?

Grabbed my copy on Friday - played all Friday night and Saturday morning. It's actually a good game, fun to play coop and with people. Ranked is gated - you need to beat level 4 difficulty in single player to get ranked. It was pretty hard, took a bit of time for me.

That being said, not much content for ranked - single player does have a lot and unranked is a lot of fun with the different modes. I ended up using the EB Games 7 day guarantee and returning it on Sunday (used the credit to preorder Xenoblade). EB Games doesn't get enough credit for this program - being able to effectively rent a game at no charge is fantastic.

7/10 personally, but a fun game nonetheless.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4689 posts
592 upvotes
LightYagami wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 1:49 pm
No ARMS discussion?

Grabbed my copy on Friday - played all Friday night and Saturday morning. It's actually a good game, fun to play coop and with people. Ranked is gated - you need to beat level 4 difficulty in single player to get ranked. It was pretty hard, took a bit of time for me.

That being said, not much content for ranked - single player does have a lot and unranked is a lot of fun with the different modes. I ended up using the EB Games 7 day guarantee and returning it on Sunday (used the credit to preorder Xenoblade). EB Games doesn't get enough credit for this program - being able to effectively rent a game at no charge is fantastic.

7/10 personally, but a fun game nonetheless.
I got it as a fathers day present, I loved the testfire which I played with mostly motion controls which I thought worked very well. I spent the evening playing in handheld (no motion) and it felt quite a bit more difficult to play. I went through the Singleplayer on skill level 2 pretty easily but skill level 4 is kicking my butt. Also was getting worked in the online party mode.

It's a fun game, with a surprising amount of depth, I really like it, hopefully its as well supported as Splatoon was.
Dec 28, 2010
330 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
I mostly do multiplayer, which remote is better to get? Pro controller or an extra pair of joycons ?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4689 posts
592 upvotes
injuredcold wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 10:28 am
I mostly do multiplayer, which remote is better to get? Pro controller or an extra pair of joycons ?
Depends, The pro is certainly the better controller but if your comfortable using the joycons Id put that money towards an extra pair of joycons because the joycons can be split up and used as 2 controllers for games like mario kart.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)