PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) console to ship on March 3rd 2017. Zelda on NX & WiiU

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2008 posts
541 upvotes
Rob76 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2017 7:54 pm
My 10 year old son saved up for a Switch so we're currently on the hunt for one - no luck so far. It will be replacing his Wii U. Has anyone heard anything about Nintendo possibly making a Wii Sport-like game for the Switch? We still really enjoy playing Tennis, Bowling and occasionally Golf and Baseball on it and both are gonna miss that game once he gets the Switch.
Nintendo is really trying to distance themselves from the WIi and Wii U, so not likely.

The closest would be 1-2 Switch but that game has not done well at all. So again, not likely.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1635 posts
199 upvotes
Red Deer
Andrew765 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 6:24 pm
Nintendo is really trying to distance themselves from the WIi and Wii U, so not likely.

The closest would be 1-2 Switch but that game has not done well at all. So again, not likely.
Thanks. But I hope you're wrong : )

Out of all the Wii and Wii U games we have, Wii Sport was by far the most played family game. Its simplicity, re-playablity and enjoyment are spectacular. 1-2 Switch doesn't look appealing to me, so I'm not surprised it's not doing well.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
3887 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
sherway gardens toys r us has 4 switch in stock as of 10:09AM
Top 3 Best RFD Deals ever:
AC Black Flag, COD Ghosts and Battlefied 4 for free - [removed]
Free $200 Staples gift card - [removed]
10 copies of Madden 14 for $1.00 each -[[removed]

[removed shortened links]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1635 posts
199 upvotes
Red Deer
FWIW, MK8 Deluxe is $10 off at Best Buy today (maybe all week?). I only found out when i went to pick it up for my son this morning and it scanned $69.99.
Dec 9, 2007
160 posts
15 upvotes
The Splatoon 2 splatfest app is live now. You can wander in inkopolis and play the tutorial but not much else.
Mar 23, 2004
35089 posts
2800 upvotes
Markham
Rob76 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2017 7:54 pm
My 10 year old son saved up for a Switch so we're currently on the hunt for one - no luck so far.
If your son really wants one, try Kijiji. They earn like $20-30 off you so it's not too too bad if you want the console bad enough.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1635 posts
199 upvotes
Red Deer
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 4:44 pm
If your son really wants one, try Kijiji. They earn like $20-30 off you so it's not too too bad if you want the console bad enough.
Thanks but I posted earlier that we found one, by pure luck, while walking around at our local SDM. They had one Neon set left.
Mar 23, 2004
35089 posts
2800 upvotes
Markham
Rob76 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 12:28 am
Thanks but I posted earlier that we found one, by pure luck, while walking around at our local SDM. They had one Neon set left.
Oh right i must have missed it. And congrats! :D I am only willing to get it at BB/SDM where I can double dip on points :D
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
May 27, 2016
276 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
Any update on the stock situation? Been looking for weeks for one for my nephew but haven't had any luck; although admittedly, I haven't been trying very hard.
Mar 23, 2004
35089 posts
2800 upvotes
Markham
gtror350z wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:31 am
Any update on the stock situation? Been looking for weeks for one for my nephew but haven't had any luck; although admittedly, I haven't been trying very hard.
none as of now sadly. Maybe a BTS restock? :lol:
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
May 27, 2016
276 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:46 am
none as of now sadly. Maybe a BTS restock? :lol:
:-( Hopefully soon as my patience is running out and I might just buy one off Kijiji or something; I do prefer buying from local retailer simply for warranty services down the road (unless someone can tell me the warranty is serial based and not receipt)
Mar 23, 2004
35089 posts
2800 upvotes
Markham
gtror350z wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:59 am
:-( Hopefully soon as my patience is running out and I might just buy one off Kijiji or something; I do prefer buying from local retailer simply for warranty services down the road (unless someone can tell me the warranty is serial based and not receipt)
if all u need is the receipt, kijiji sellers can usually give it to you.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
May 27, 2016
276 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 9:41 am
if all u need is the receipt, kijiji sellers can usually give it to you.
Yeah, usually. I've seen some say they're 'gifts' but I don't wanna risk buying ones that fell from the back of the truck! I also have a few leads from the States as well. If anyone could chime in on Nintendo's warranty policy, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1635 posts
199 upvotes
Red Deer
Just opened our neon set and noticed some dust under the screen, or maybe they're dead pixels. It's only noticeable when the screen is On with any light background. Still annoying. Called Nintendo and they've set up a repair order. I'd have to ship the unit to them and wait a couple of weeks. Reading on Reddit, a few people had the same issue and Nintendo replaced their units.
Mar 23, 2004
35089 posts
2800 upvotes
Markham
Rob76 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 2:16 pm
Just opened our neon set and noticed some dust under the screen, or maybe they're dead pixels. It's only noticeable when the screen is On with any light background. Still annoying. Called Nintendo and they've set up a repair order. I'd have to ship the unit to them and wait a couple of weeks. Reading on Reddit, a few people had the same issue and Nintendo replaced their units.
Nintendo should just ship you another brand new unit tbh (well, i guess they dont have any =p). Sucks that you have to wait for shipping/repairs/shipping.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)