PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) console to ship on March 3rd 2017. Zelda on NX & WiiU

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 12:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1660 posts
204 upvotes
Red Deer
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 2:37 pm
Nintendo should just ship you another brand new unit tbh (well, i guess they dont have any =p). Sucks that you have to wait for shipping/repairs/shipping.
Yeah. It would have been nice to do it the way Apple does the express replacement process, which is great and super convenient. I guess Nintendo probably wants to first inspect the issue and try to fix instead of replace. I haven't told my son yet that we'll have to send it back, will wait a few days to break the news.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2024 posts
190 upvotes
I think they'd run into problems with scalpers abusing that system.
Mar 23, 2004
35441 posts
2990 upvotes
Markham
Ascott wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 1:21 am
I think they'd run into problems with scalpers abusing that system.
Not as bad now, ppl who wanted it really bad would have gotten it by now. Else there wont be so many sitting on kijiji for so long now.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3223 posts
334 upvotes
Markham
If you're still looking for one, several stores have stock today. Amazon had earlier but now sold out. Bestbuy still had grey joy-con versions last I checked. Bundles with Splatoon in both grey and neon is available. Also check WalMart, ToysRus and ebgames. Some people had luck with places like Shoppers, so try those as well.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Mar 23, 2004
35441 posts
2990 upvotes
Markham
Jonavin wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 2:11 pm
If you're still looking for one, several stores have stock today. Amazon had earlier but now sold out. Bestbuy still had grey joy-con versions last I checked. Bundles with Splatoon in both grey and neon is available. Also check WalMart, ToysRus and ebgames. Some people had luck with places like Shoppers, so try those as well.
Oh right forgot about here. Got my neon from BB ^^
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3223 posts
334 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 1:43 pm
Yip, but prime only.
Pretty sure everyone still has a valid Prime from Prime Day, or start a new trial.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3851 posts
40 upvotes
Anyone seen stock of the yellow or splatoon joycon around town?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1660 posts
204 upvotes
Red Deer
My son's Switch was sent in for repair a couple of weeks ago. Finally got it back today from Nintendo and it looks like they replaced everything (all three items I sent in came back with different serial numbers). I wasn't sure if they'd repair or replace but I'm glad we got a new one. Surprisingly they copied all the data onto the replacement Switch, it even automatically connected to our wifi when I first turned it on.

I don't know if it was just bad luck or there are some serious QA issues with certain batches but our first one had very noticeable dust under screen/dead pixels, screen was actually lifting (1-2mm) from one corner and the right joy con would not lock in place. Happy to say the new one has none of the issues the first Switch had. Thanks Nintendo!
Jun 6, 2013
201 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I actually just received my unit from Amazon and it gets stuck at boot screen on handheld mode. Only way to turn it on is using the dock. I'm going to return it and maybe wait for a later revision. Thing seems full of quality issues from the joycons, to the screen scratches from the dock, etc.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17465 posts
1218 upvotes
Nintendo is being sued over the detachable controller design.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/11/gamevic ... esign.html

Gamevice, which makes video game controllers to attach to tablets and smartphones, is demanding that Nintendo stops making and selling the Switch and wants to be awarded damages.

"Nintendo's infringement has caused, and is continuing to cause, damage and irreparable injury to Gamevice," the company said in its complaint filed in California on Wednesday.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1660 posts
204 upvotes
Red Deer
JuniorMint wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:54 pm
I actually just received my unit from Amazon and it gets stuck at boot screen on handheld mode. Only way to turn it on is using the dock. I'm going to return it and maybe wait for a later revision. Thing seems full of quality issues from the joycons, to the screen scratches from the dock, etc.
If you can return and re-buy later that might be the best option. Otherwise call Nintendo Support and set up a repair order. It's a bit inconvenient (they pay for shipping both ways but you have to get a box and packing material) and time-consuming (2 weeks all in) - they'll most likely just replace it as they did for mine.

I was a bit disheartened by the QA issues on the unit I got. But the replacement they sent me is flawless so good units do exist.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17422 posts
166 upvotes
YVR
Anyone here know when Best Buy will get new stock? I can't even search for the Nintendo Switch on BB's website. I'm assuming the link have been taken down?