Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote:
With globalization, if Japan wants a certain name, it's have to be the same all over. I'm not overly concerned.
Nintendo fans are not going to be concerned by the name, but its a poor marketing idea in the West.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2808 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
I pre-ordered mine already. It's expensive, but they've got some good games coming out and ZELDA!!!! and from what I read it runs 1080p 60fps docked. I intend to mainly use it docked anyways, but even if the res drops undocked, you're looking at a smaller screen..should be fine.

Still waiting on some more games, I'd like something like Mario Party and other such games for family.
RIG SPECS: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO X570 - Ryzen 9 5900x @ 5GHz - XPG 32GB @ 3200MHz - MSI RTX 4090 - EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W G2 PSU - AORUS Gen 4 M.2 1TB SSD
HEATWARE
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
BYan wrote: and there's always the latent potential of this thing to push the next full fledged pokemon and get all future 3ds titles as well.

Couple that with the Nintendo franchises and it does look like the switch will be a very enticing console/handheld. It just depends on when you jump in. Zelda still looks amazing, and if it does go the emergent gameplay route like mgs5 did, it could be a serious goty or best of all time contender.
They mentioned Pokemon but until they do actually announce it and do a full fledged pokemon game on the console this is still just a home console that allows you to temporarily make it portable. It's not being advertised the other way around as a super portable with home capabilities (2in1). Mario games have been top contenders for goty and that didn't help sales of the overall unit. The games sold well and the unit did not.

What you also listed is basically expected. If you want to enjoy the 'Nintendo' games, then buy it. I think for the consumer now, its what else can you offer beyond the usual Nintendo offerings. I find as kids grow up these days, they may know who Mario or a Link is but they haven't really played these games adn the games they are growing up on now unfortunately include GTA and COD. Unless Nintendo can start offering these games, they will only get their usual Nintendo market share.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
Finally got my account to work again since Redflagdeals and user passwords were hacked and leaked.

Takeaways from the Switch launch event:

- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild trailer looks amazing. A Zelda game finally appears to have full voice acting instead of grunts
and non-verbal guttural expressions.

- The Switch price is high compared to its competitors. With only 32 GB of internal storage again, many would also have to upgrade the SD flash card for another $100 - $150 or buy or use an external hard drive (presumably).

- Nintendo did not mention anything about an integrated universal account system, therefore digital or virtual console game purchases might be tied down to the hardware again.

- The leaks from Laura Kate Dale turned out to be all untrue (at least for now). A Pokemon console RPG was never announced. His inside sources seem to be incorrect even though he is blacklisted from Nintendo now.

I will be getting a Switch at launch but I am not that impressed with the launch year lineup. There were no surprise announcements and even fewer major titles than most expected.

Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: Finally got my account to work again since Redflagdeals and user passwords were hacked and leaked.
Huh? When did this happen? BRB changing my password!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
See the thread over here:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/redflag ... p-2072492/

Redflagdeals and all usernames, email, passwords were leaked (undecrypted in plain text) on January 10th.
That is why it is a good idea to create a unique password for every different website you sign up for on the internet.
WH0WHAT wrote: Huh? When did this happen? BRB changing my password!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote: What you also listed is basically expected. If you want to enjoy the 'Nintendo' games, then buy it. I think for the consumer now, its what else can you offer beyond the usual Nintendo offerings. I find as kids grow up these days, they may know who Mario or a Link is but they haven't really played these games adn the games they are growing up on now unfortunately include GTA and COD. Unless Nintendo can start offering these games, they will only get their usual Nintendo market share.
Well I'm not a Nintendo share holder, so my interest as a consumer is primarily based on whether or not this thing is attractive to me. And it is. The portability + fickless switching to a home console sold me on this thing in the beginning, before they went and mucked it up with the online paywall and hilarious rent-a-snes/nes for a month nonsense. And who knows? Maybe they'll come to their senses and give us the next pokemon. Tbh, I don't think having cod or gta will help them much (they certainly didn't need them back when the wii was stepping over everyone); there are so many ways to play those games already that it will just get lost in the shuffle. And this time around, even without the Nintendo stalwards, there are enough interesting titles for me to make it a purchase... after a price-cut/deal/bundle that makes sense.
Bored...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
To everyone who keeps boasting about the Switch's portability, take a look at this:

Oh yeah I'm gonna be the coolest kid in school with this thing, I'm gonna have all the ladies chasing me. On a serious note, who is going to lug this thing around when they go outside, whether it to be school or work? You're already carrying necessities like a backpack, cellphone, wallet or purse, and who knows what else. Carrying a monstrosity like the Switch with you on top of all of those things will weigh you down and to be honest make you look like a goof. Let alone the battery life of the Switch is reportedly average and next thing you know that thing is dead before you get to level two.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
^ The new 3DS XL and PS Vita do not fit in your pocket either (without risking serious damage to the devices and/or tearing your pants anyway).

I use a carrying case for the new 3DS XL and PS Vita if I ever take them with me outside home.
The sames applies with iDevices or tablet readers, etc.

The sound quality of the speakers on the new 3DS XL are of low quality and terrible compared to the original 3DS.
On the new 3DS XL I use ear or headphones because the default speakers sound a lot worse than the launch model 3DS.
Hopefully Nintendo does not use the newer cheaper type of speakers for the Switch.
Dec 23, 2012
77 posts
23 upvotes
BLAINVILLE
just my personnal comments about the nintendo switch. i have ask for christmas to receive money instead of gift to keep it to buy this nintendo switch.

Thinking the 330 $ price of toysurus can be the good one. more expensive of what i expect. no game with it for me nintendo can put easily one free that not cost so much money for the company to give one game with it to lets people decide more quickly.

i know the official answer for nintendo is: Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime explained that it was a decision made by Nintendo to allow gamers to get exactly what they want for the best price possible. Fils-Aime noted that with a wide range of games expected to launch during the Switch’s first year on the market, the company wanted gamers to be able to pick up the games they wanted while remaining affordable. Bundling a game would have either required raising the Nintendo Switch’s price past $299 or nixing one of the mandatory Switch components, like the Joy-Cons or the Switch dock.

well is not so hard to put a really free game with it that what i think. but yes when i see the price of the nintendo switch after i hesitate to maybe buy a ps4 instead but bundle on ps4 have kind of game i'm not a really big fan. the ps4 is more lower price but he be expensive at beggining. yeah i know technically is more powerfull. but i think that normal because nintendo switch is a tablet and you cannot compare because of that too much. i mean if you want a laptop for gaming you need to pay expensive price and a tower pc for gaming is very not the same price. more lower. i understand the strategy for nintendo to have a hibrid. because he know the powerfull side he have is for portable console.

All people talk about the flop of the wii u and nintendo going to die. maybe that can happen i dont know but nintendo have sold 61 millions of 3ds and that a portable console from 2011
xbox one the last shift i have hear is about 20 millions console sold. the nintendo wii u have sold only 13 millions but the playstation vita have sold lower of 4 millions of ps vita. in the top 3 of the best selling console of all time you have playstation 2 with 155 millions followed by nintendo ds 154 and gameboy 118 millions. the bestselling console for nintendo is the wii with a good 101 millions. yeah maybe this data are not updated frequently but as we can see with that nintendo have interest to make portable console.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... e_consoles

Some player thinking about graphic me personnaly when i play a game yeah if its beautiful that nice but that not decide if i like the game or not. i prefer sometime a game with nice graphic and sometime i prefer to play a game with old retro gaming graphic. 2d graphic i feel is more easy for me for my eyes. i like nintendo game because is colorfull and yeah a little bit cartoon. game easy to understand most of time but that not mean just for kid. i dont think dragon quest is a game just for kid.

i think retro gaming is more and more popular. old school graphic. minecraft is not the best graphic in the world and have sold 25 millions, terraria the same way
Personally i dont like this 2 games but is just taste.

What i hope for nintendo switch. to not be a big flop to have many game coming soon. that make me scare a little bit to buy it because of that because i know i going to appreciate it. zelda, nintendo, (dragon quest if decide later to sell it in north america because in the event he talk about switch for japan for this game). i know nintendo have announce not region locked but i'm not very fluent in japaneese and sincerely that side not make me happy when nintendo decide to not release a game here and release it in japan only. i dont know if ps4 make the same but come on dont think just to make the more profit and make your customer happy too to keep it more longer.

we have to pay to play online. receiving nintendo and super nintendo game free for one month can be cool. i prefer if we can keep game after download i hope nintendo have just write it badly on the website but i dont think.

A hybrid console for me is great because i want to play on the tv but my tv is my computer screen also and sometime i like to watch tv and playing in same time or just chat on skype. i can switch it for a portable and make both in same time. i dont think i going to use it so much for portable device in a road or something like that. i have nintendo 2ds and have buy it because many game i want on that and i really appreciate it. just i prefer to play game on big screen more easy for my eye :)
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2003
2808 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
He's got the controllers attached, take those off and it might just fit, but I wouldn't carry it like that. I'd purchase a carrying case for it to avoid scratches and it falling out or something.
RIG SPECS: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO X570 - Ryzen 9 5900x @ 5GHz - XPG 32GB @ 3200MHz - MSI RTX 4090 - EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W G2 PSU - AORUS Gen 4 M.2 1TB SSD
HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Neither does the smallest iPad and I see people carting those around constantly.

Also, you could always remove the joycons and put them in a different pocket. You'll drop like a quarter of the length in that image.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
The PS Vita has outsold the Nintendo Wii U worldwide (14.5 million units sold).

The Wii U is currently at 13.5 million units sold worldwide.
I think the Switch will be considered successful if it sells at least 50 million units in its lifetime (assuming it is also meant to replace the 3DS).

The Wii U is easily Nintendo's worst selling console (aside from the Virtual Boy).
Creepqc wrote: just my personnal comments about the nintendo switch. i have ask for christmas to receive money instead of gift to keep it to buy this nintendo switch.

Thinking the 330 $ price of toysurus can be the good one. more expensive of what i expect. no game with it for me nintendo can put easily one free that not cost so much money for the company to give one game with it to lets people decide more quickly.

i know the official answer for nintendo is: Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime explained that it was a decision made by Nintendo to allow gamers to get exactly what they want for the best price possible. Fils-Aime noted that with a wide range of games expected to launch during the Switch’s first year on the market, the company wanted gamers to be able to pick up the games they wanted while remaining affordable. Bundling a game would have either required raising the Nintendo Switch’s price past $299 or nixing one of the mandatory Switch components, like the Joy-Cons or the Switch dock.

well is not so hard to put a really free game with it that what i think. but yes when i see the price of the nintendo switch after i hesitate to maybe buy a ps4 instead but bundle on ps4 have kind of game i'm not a really big fan. the ps4 is more lower price but he be expensive at beggining. yeah i know technically is more powerfull. but i think that normal because nintendo switch is a tablet and you cannot compare because of that too much. i mean if you want a laptop for gaming you need to pay expensive price and a tower pc for gaming is very not the same price. more lower. i understand the strategy for nintendo to have a hibrid. because he know the powerfull side he have is for portable console.

All people talk about the flop of the wii u and nintendo going to die. maybe that can happen i dont know but nintendo have sold 61 millions of 3ds and that a portable console from 2011
xbox one the last shift i have hear is about 20 millions console sold. the nintendo wii u have sold only 13 millions but the playstation vita have sold lower of 4 millions of ps vita. in the top 3 of the best selling console of all time you have playstation 2 with 155 millions followed by nintendo ds 154 and gameboy 118 millions. the bestselling console for nintendo is the wii with a good 101 millions. yeah maybe this data are not updated frequently but as we can see with that nintendo have interest to make portable console.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... e_consoles

Some player thinking about graphic me personnaly when i play a game yeah if its beautiful that nice but that not decide if i like the game or not. i prefer sometime a game with nice graphic and sometime i prefer to play a game with old retro gaming graphic. 2d graphic i feel is more easy for me for my eyes. i like nintendo game because is colorfull and yeah a little bit cartoon. game easy to understand most of time but that not mean just for kid. i dont think dragon quest is a game just for kid.

i think retro gaming is more and more popular. old school graphic. minecraft is not the best graphic in the world and have sold 25 millions, terraria the same way
Personally i dont like this 2 games but is just taste.

What i hope for nintendo switch. to not be a big flop to have many game coming soon. that make me scare a little bit to buy it because of that because i know i going to appreciate it. zelda, nintendo, (dragon quest if decide later to sell it in north america because in the event he talk about switch for japan for this game). i know nintendo have announce not region locked but i'm not very fluent in japaneese and sincerely that side not make me happy when nintendo decide to not release a game here and release it in japan only. i dont know if ps4 make the same but come on dont think just to make the more profit and make your customer happy too to keep it more longer.

we have to pay to play online. receiving nintendo and super nintendo game free for one month can be cool. i prefer if we can keep game after download i hope nintendo have just write it badly on the website but i dont think.

A hybrid console for me is great because i want to play on the tv but my tv is my computer screen also and sometime i like to watch tv and playing in same time or just chat on skype. i can switch it for a portable and make both in same time. i dont think i going to use it so much for portable device in a road or something like that. i have nintendo 2ds and have buy it because many game i want on that and i really appreciate it. just i prefer to play game on big screen more easy for my eye :)
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 14th, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Reading a bit more today there a smart design choices that caught my attention that I missed before

- The switch uses USB-C to broadcast the video signal and charge at the same port. When you take this thing on the road any USB cable should work so no more proprietary chargers

- there is an additional port for SD storage in addition to the internal 32GB. I guess my initial concern was that like the 3DS and PlayStation 4 that would have to be replaced by a bigger size but instead you can just add to the internal 32GB

- the joy cons a far more fully featured then I had initially suspected. Though these features could end up just being useless gimmicks the IR reader looks lik a mini kinect on the end of the control and the HD Rumble could be very cool if it works as advertised.

I guess I'm kind of getting sold a bit more. Honestly I really like the potential of this device as a portable local multiplayer device.

I think the biggest bummer for me was I was expecting a lot more support from Nintendo's first party due to this being a hybrid device but initial indications look like they are going to continue to support the 3ds in the same capacity and treat this more like a home console.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
The IR stuff is really stupid. It's pretty obvious no one has any good ideas for using it.

From what I've read the HD rumble thing actually works exactly as presented. There's a 1,2, Switch minigame where you use it to count marbles in a box and people were saying they could actually feel distinct objects when moving the joycon around. I'm not sure how anyone will make good use of that, but it sounds cool.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: I guess I'm kind of getting sold a bit more. Honestly I really like the potential of this device as a portable local multiplayer device.

I think the biggest bummer for me was I was expecting a lot more support from Nintendo's first party due to this being a hybrid device but initial indications look like they are going to continue to support the 3ds in the same capacity and treat this more like a home console.
The hardware and long term potential of it is pretty good imo. It's just too pricey for what it launches with in specifically Canada. It's already apparent that first year of Switch releases is going to be a hell of a lot stronger than first year of the WiiU was. As those games release, the price drops and retailers start getting bundles, it's going to sell well, especially in the US and Japan where the price isn't so bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
ReeGee wrote: The hardware and long term potential of it is pretty good imo. It's just too pricey for what it launches with in specifically Canada. It's already apparent that first year of Switch releases is going to be a hell of a lot stronger than first year of the WiiU was. As those games release, the price drops and retailers start getting bundles, it's going to sell well, especially in the US and Japan where the price isn't so bad.
Are you sure about that?
The notable titles released on the Wii U in year one were:
NSMB:U (+the Luigi version)
ZombiU
Rayman Legends
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Lego City Undercover
RE:Revelations
Wonderful 101
Game & Wario
Sonic: Lost World
+a lot of ports, casual games, some multiplatform games that aren't as notable, and Super Mario 3D World came out just a week or two after the first year.

Switch has:
Zelda:Botw
MK 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Sonic Mania
+ports, casual games, some multiplatform games that aren't noteworthy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
UnCeo wrote: Are you sure about that?
I was a day one Wiiu and I played most of those Wiiu games (you forgot the best one - NintendoLand) and personally I'm far more excited about the first year of Switch for Zelda/Splatton/New Mario. Plus we still haven't heard about plans for VC which launched late on Wiiu and initially had very poor offerings. A few notable Gc titles at launch as rumoured would really help flesh out the launch lineup.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)