• Jan 13th, 2024 6:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: This is a problem with Nintendo game pricing in general going back to the original Wii if not before that. They make some really fun party games, platformers and other great for short session games that sell poorly because they're priced too high for people to give them a chance. I recently picked up Mario Party 10, Wooly World and few other and these games are good but it's insane that they were priced as high as they were at launch
These stupid mini games should be included as part of the system when they are charging $400 CDN. Only Nintendo can get away with charging $65 for these 6 mini games that will probably be played once and that's it.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
carmaster wrote: These stupid mini games should be included as part of the system when they are charging $400 CDN. Only Nintendo can get away with charging $65 for these 6 mini games that will probably be played once and that's it.
Apparently the Nintendo website used to say "Over 20 mingames" but now at least its is saying "many more" than just the 6 they showed.

Also, if they pack it in, it'll be like the Wii... people will be happy with the pack-in an not buy a single game. The Wii was just a Wii Sports machine for many people. At least this way, people might buy a game that they don't end up liking and have to buy at least one more. Genius marketing on Nintendo's part. :razz:
Last edited by Andrew765 on Jan 17th, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
carmaster wrote: These stupid mini games should be included as part of the system when they are charging $400 CDN. Only Nintendo can get away with charging $65 for these 6 mini games that will probably be played once and that's it.
Not mini games. They should include it in the system and call it demo games.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5909 upvotes
IGN confirms the differences between The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch and the Wii U.

I have both versions pre-ordered.

Similarities:

1. Both launch on March 3rd, 2017.
2. Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
3. Both versions of the game offer the same content.

Differences:

1. On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders at 900p native resolution while the Wii U version renders at 720p.
The Switch version runs at 720p when the system is undocked.

2. The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.

3. The physical copy of the Wii U version will also require 3GB of available storage space on the Wii U system or an external drive.
4. Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
5. A Special Edition and Master Edition are only available for Nintendo Switch. The Wii U does not have any of those Collector's Editions.
6. The ability to take it and play on the go with the Switch.

English vs Japanese voice acting (based on the trailer):

Zelda's voice actress in the English version sounds boring.

Zelda's voice actress in the Japanese version sounds like she is actually trying.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 17th, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
oncl0ud9 wrote: I wonder if the switch pro controller can be used when the switch is in table top mode. Would be sweet to bring along if you have a cottage that doesn't have a tv or in general for portability.
The German TV commercial shows a guy playing the Switch in table top mode with a pro controller on a plane so yes, it works.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
The thing with Nintendo's game pricing is that if you look at the sustained sales of most their titles, the pricing seems to work just fine for them. Nintendo titles usually have a long slow burn on sales charts instead of a big fiery launch followed by a dive off a cliff in week 3 or so.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: 5. A Special Edition and Master Edition are only available for Nintendo Switch. The Wii U does not have any of those Collector's Editions.
Any idea when those editions will be available for sale in Canada? They're already in the US.

Only EB Games has it so far.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5909 upvotes
According to the neogaf Canadian Gaming discussions:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 7&page=196 thread:

Someone that works on the Best Buy Canada community forums claims they are getting the Special Edition but not the Master Edition of the Zelda BotW Collector's Editions.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gami ... rue#M16512

Variability wrote: Any idea when those editions will be available for sale in Canada? They're already in the US.

Only EB Games has it so far.
thechampion116 wrote: EB Games announced the Master is sold out and no more are coming. Plus its exclusive to them.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 17th, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: According to the neogaf Canadian Gaming discussions:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 7&page=196 thread:

Someone that works on the Best Buy Canada community forums claims they are getting one or both of Zelda Collector's Editions, but they have been wrong several times before.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gami ... rue#M16512
In the thread it says only Special Edition: http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gami ... rue#M16512
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: I'm with you... how they expect to justify selling a $65 (+tax) mini game collection that includes 6 simple games where you milk a cow, count marbles, quickdraw and eat hot dogs is beyond me. I feel like Wii Sports' games were even more fully fleshed out than 1-2 Switch's.
1-2 Switch seems like something thought up by a Wii-era shovelware company. It's tacky and somewhat distasteful.

In comparison, Nintendo Land was a decent party game that showed off the Wii U's features at launch.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
If you want a Pro controller might be worth waiting. Hori is producing their own that's supposedly going to run $30 USD and be out right around launch. Wait and see how the Joycons work out for you, and if you still want a pro controller pick this up for less than half the price.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Anyone want to make any bets on how long it is before everything coming out on the switch becomes shovelware and 3rd party devs start dropping out?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
XtremeModder wrote: Anyone want to make any bets on how long it is before everything coming out on the switch becomes shovelware and 3rd party devs start dropping out?
Name all these third party developers rushing to release Switch games?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Yeah, that sounds like a bad bet. The Switch has to be successful to get a tsunami of shovelware. Especially in western markets, which I'm still not convinced it will be.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Just need to wait and see if the big WiiU games I want are being ported to switch or not, not because I would want to grab a switch at launch, but because the switch made the WiiU a more attractive option. Waiting to grab a WiiU for cheap along with the 3 games I want to play on it. Maybe, grabbing a new 3ds if you can get dual IPS screens would be worthwhile as well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know if the Switch will become a home for shovelware, but I can see it being a place where mobile game devs can port their mobile games... So while we might not get tons of motion-controlled made-for-Switch shovelware like the Wii, we could see a ton of mobile game ports. Clash Royale Switch, anyone?

... I guess it'll depend on the online marketplace though, and whether Nintendo will allow F2P marketplaces transactions and such...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
M1GOmigs wrote: I don't know if the Switch will become a home for shovelware, but I can see it being a place where mobile game devs can port their mobile games... So while we might not get tons of motion-controlled made-for-Switch shovelware like the Wii, we could see a ton of mobile game ports. Clash Royale Switch, anyone?

... I guess it'll depend on the online marketplace though, and whether Nintendo will allow F2P marketplaces transactions and such...
This is what I am seeing. Especially with EA and their mobile games.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)