PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) Console Thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 6:57 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2214 posts
284 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:01 am
lol the translations were rough tonight
It's not just the translations. The entire format, the pacing, it was all really poorly executed. The NoA video at the end alon was better than the entire rest of the presentation.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2682 posts
362 upvotes
BC
Zelda and full voice acting, welcome to 2002, Zelda, it's about time.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1357 posts
83 upvotes
so just 2 launch titles?
didn't other systems usually have like 5 launch titles back then?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6462 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto
I already have BOTW preordered for WiiU but i'll probably cancel and change to Switch preorder if it's not too difficult to get the console
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4145 posts
1949 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:07 am
Do you own a Wii U? unless they are going to cancel or delay that version altogether. A delay is likely just so people have to buy the Switch.

I would say wait still. It looks very good but all I ever read about is people's backlogs so it might just join the pile.

Nintendo has at least a good staggered release of Zelda at launch, Splatoon in the summer, and Mario is the winter.
I do have a Wii U under thick layer of dust but I'd like to play Zelda on the switch. I'm usually a day one purchaser of Nintendo and Xbox consoles.
Sep 4, 2016
545 posts
142 upvotes
I have zero interest in the Switch or any Nintento product but I watched the trailer for the Switch and IMO this is what the Wii U should have been. The Wii U was a failure because Nintendo got lucky with the Wii and thought they could just abandon their fanbase and put out another Wii console. I knew that console was going to fail the day it was announced.

But I see a market for the switch, it reminds me of a laptop being used as both a home pc and portable pc.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
12762 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
I still have my Zelda preorder at best buy from 2014 Neutral Face
Last edited by belfour on Jan 13th, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2214 posts
284 upvotes
Pre-orders start in 8 hours 40 minutes on EB's site. Still refreshing Amazon. I'll just do what I did with the PS4, pre-order now and if it doesn't shape up before launch cancel. If the library and release calendar form up alright or BotW is just flat out better on the Switch, I'll keep it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6462 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto
DiamondDallasPage wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:13 am
I have zero interest in the Switch or any Nintento product but I watched the trailer for the Switch and IMO this is what the Wii U should have been. The Wii U was a failure because Nintendo got lucky with the Wii and thought they could just abandon their fanbase and put out another Wii console. I knew that console was going to fail the day it was announced.

But I see a market for the switch, it reminds me of a laptop being used as both a home pc and portable pc.
despite not being a mainstream success, the WiiU is the most fun I've had with console gaming in ages. The quality of games are amazing, so I trust the Switch ones will be as well
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4145 posts
1949 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ascott wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:14 am
Pre-orders start in 8 hours 40 minutes on EB's site. Still refreshing Amazon. I'll just do what I did with the PS4, pre-order now and if it doesn't shape up before launch cancel. If the library and release calendar form up alright or BotW is just flat out better on the Switch, I'll keep it.
Agreed. I'll be pre-ordering if I can and will return if I change my mind.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2214 posts
284 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:14 am
More details on pricing:

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

The grip is $30 USD and the Pro is $70 USD. Additional joy cons are $80 for two as well. Additional docking systems are $90.
Those accessory prices are terrible. Holy shit Nintendo, you're not in a position to gouge people.

Also, the colored Joycons aren't a pair of red or blue, they're one red and one blue? What? That looks terrible.
Last edited by Ascott on Jan 13th, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10701 posts
629 upvotes
Scarborough
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:15 am
despite not being a mainstream success, the WiiU is the most fun I've had with console gaming in ages. The games are amazing. So i trust the Switch ones will be as well
Thats the opposite of me. I just finished Uncharted 4 and had more fun in those 10 hours or so than I did most of the Wii U's lifespan. The only game I played on the Wii U when it came out really was Mario Kart 8. Even that died 2 months after release.

Preorders at EB Games will be a mess tomorrow guaranteed. If Amiibo's can kill that site, so will this.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6462 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:17 am
Thats the opposite of me. I just finished Uncharted 4 and had more fun in those 10 hours or so than I did most of the Wii U's lifespan. The only game I played on the Wii U when it came out really was Mario Kart 8. Even that died 2 months after release.
ya between Xenoblade X, Tropical Freeze, MK8, Smash, 3D World, Lego City Undercover, NES Remix Pack, New Mario U, and Pikmin 3 I got hundreds of hours out of it and honestly had a hard time keeping up between everything else I was playing on PC.
I only just got around to picking up Splatoon, Wooly World, Mario Party 10 and Mario Tennis over the holidays and really enjoying playing those with my wife. She's been playing the hell out of Wooly World on her own. A lot of these games are very underrated imo
Sep 6, 2015
38 posts
8 upvotes
Ditto. The best game released on the Nintendo Wii U is the HD Remaster of 2006's Zelda Twilight Princess.

thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:17 am

Preorders at EB Games will be a mess tomorrow guaranteed. If Amiibo's can kill that site, so will this.
Last edited by EyeGasm on Jan 13th, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)