PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) Console Thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 7:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20273 posts
4240 upvotes
Poormond Hill
There is a tweet that in early next year, Nintendo will be releasing an updated Switch.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3852 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
dont tell me it's going to be like DS -> 3DS refresh and making the older platform unable to play the newer games released -_-
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1695 posts
456 upvotes
mississauga
was hoping they'd do the other route and make a more portable nondock version with fixed joycons, and reduce cost. I mean they will probably do this regardless just a matter of time.
think first, buy later.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2242 posts
297 upvotes
There's nothing in the Switches profile that an be meaningfully reduced in size. There's no smaller process for the Tegra X1, and even if they moved to an X2 in a refresh the TDP and process are basically the same, so you don't shave off any space on the die or in the battery.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1695 posts
456 upvotes
mississauga
Ascott has spoken, it will never be done.
think first, buy later.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1820 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
I want better wi-fi and a bezel-less design for the inevitable Switch update.

And while they're at it, headphone support for the Pro Controller too.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
That tweet is deleted and was probably BS in the first place but I do believe a refresh is coming at some point. I'm in no way disputing the popularity or quality of Switch games but that launch hardware is poor value and not built or spec'd to last another 5-10 years. It may not be this year or even next year but a refresh is inevitable
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2242 posts
297 upvotes
heywhatsmyname wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 11:32 pm
And while they're at it, headphone support for the Pro Controller too.
Nintendo's refusal to support audio streaming on their controllers is my single biggest hardware gripe with them. Even on the Wii U gamepad most games don't support audio streaming.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2017 posts
456 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone have issues with controllers? We have to calibrate them so much. It really is frustrating and reminds me of the old garbage controllers I had as a kid.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2242 posts
297 upvotes
I've had my Switch since launch and never calibrated the Joycons.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3852 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
mine goes haywire once in a blue moon.
random button presses and stuff.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2017 posts
456 upvotes
Ontario
There is an issue with left joycon that Nintendo knows about. Looks like the switch will be out of commission for a couple of weeks while they fix it.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Are we likely to see any discounts on the Switch this holiday season? I might want to buy a couple of consoles.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2242 posts
297 upvotes
Probably some store level bundles for black Friday/cyber Monday. But I'd be surprised if they're not door crashers.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20273 posts
4240 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Now, as much as I love the Switch and Nintendo, these two moves pisses me off.

1. Nintendo is releasing a new wireless controller to play those classic NES games. But there is a catch. Actually two catches. First you must subscribe to their online service and secondly, you can only use them to play those games.
The Verge: Wireless NES Controller

2. Your cloud saves. Now let's say you decided not to renew your Nintendo Online subscription, there is a chance that all your save games will disappear.
Nintendo Switch game save data stored in the cloud is only available "as long as you have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership." If you eventually cancel the $20/year subscription, Nintendo is "unable to guarantee that cloud save data will be retained after an extended period of time from when your membership is ended."
Your text to link here...
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)