PC & Video Games

Nintendo Switch (Project NX) Console Thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 7:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1748 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
looking for a second controller. recommend any knockoffs or should i go with nintendo brand?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1695 posts
456 upvotes
mississauga
chowder wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 1:06 pm
looking for a second controller. recommend any knockoffs or should i go with nintendo brand?
if you factor in resale value the pro controller is a steal when on sale(ebay % or newegg %),
think first, buy later.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like just a rumor at this point but I called that forever ago in this thread. Can't come soon enough imo.
Jun 2, 2005
372 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Can't wait to try out Super Mario Party tomorrow!

Also, Overcooked 2 has new game + mode now.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
rebel_rfd wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 8:18 am
So a new Switch next year?
Looks like it will be a new, less power hungry screen according to reports. Hopefully this will enable some BF bundle sales this year on the old switch.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1223 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flopticalcube wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 1:11 pm
Looks like it will be a new, less power hungry screen according to reports. Hopefully this will enable some BF bundle sales this year on the old switch.
New switch owner here. For BF deals, do they usually only have bundles on sale or for games and accessories as well? Does the online store every have discounts? We like Mario Kart and would like to download it, so no worries about breaking or losing it, but it's full price online.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
milhouse611 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 2:00 pm
New switch owner here. For BF deals, do they usually only have bundles on sale or for games and accessories as well? Does the online store every have discounts? We like Mario Kart and would like to download it, so no worries about breaking or losing it, but it's full price online.
No idea as I am in the market for one and not a current owner. I do know that last year there was nothing on sale as the Switch was THE hot item. Hoping that is not the case this year.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7388 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
nothing has been announced yet, but do expect some bundles to come out.

They do want to maintain unit sales and this is one of the times where it can help bump up numbers.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7553 posts
2204 upvotes

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has a season pass for new additional DLC characters for $24.99.
All DLC characters from the Nintendo Wii U version are on the Switch version along with the newcomers that were never on the Wii U.
The roster without the new DLC, has 75 characters.

Ken (Street Fighter), Incineroar (Pokemon), and Piranha Plant were revealed to be part of that 75.

If the leak is true, the paid DLC characters might be:

Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
Banjo Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
KOS-MOS (Xenoblade)
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1820 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
I'm happy with Super Smash Bros Ultimate's roster. Smash has always been Nintendo's labor of love.

However, it's puzzling that Nintendo is recommending people to purchase a LAN adapter to play online. Nintendo should have an Ethernet port on the dock and/or launched the Switch with a better Wi-Fi chip.

Their first party LAN adapter is not even available at retailers. The ones they sell online are still from the grey coloured ones from the Wii era.

I don't see any evidence that Nintendo and Bamco fixed their awful netcode form the 3DS/Wii U iterations.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1820 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
How are folks liking Smash Bros Ultimate?

I think its their best package since Melee. The mechanics in Brawl were too heavily, while the Wii U version was hampered by lack of modes + the console itself.

It's unfortunate that Nintendo still hasn't figured out online. I feel Nintendo's poor online features is holding this series back.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7024 posts
3288 upvotes
Toronto
heywhatsmyname wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 11:40 am
It's unfortunate that Nintendo still hasn't figured out online. I feel Nintendo's poor online features is holding this series back.
It was always bad but at least it used to be free. It's ridiculous to me that their still barebones barely functional online is now locked behind a subscription paywall

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)