• Jan 13th, 2024 6:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
ReeGee wrote: Leaked image of MK8 Deluxe bundle. Anyone want to guess how much this will cost in CAD?

It would be great if Nintendo had the dock mimic the box.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Since I finished BotW I've been marathoning down Xenoblade Chronicles and X in anticipation of XC2 (hopefully) launching this year.

I played both games when they originally released, but didn't get too far in XC and didn't finish X. Done both now, and honestly if Monolith can incorporate the brilliant writing of XC and the much tighter gameplay of X into a single game, it will probably be the single best JRPG released in decades.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1670 posts
719 upvotes
Nintendo Switch is Nintendo's fastest selling game system (US, 906K), Zelda over 100%

Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console.

Switch March Debut: 906K

Wii U November Debut: 425K
Wii U Holiday Total: 885K

3DS March Debut: 398K
3DS March + April: 592K
3DS First 5 Months: 922K

Wii November Debut: 476K
Wii Holiday Total: 1080K

DS November Debut: 479K
DS Holiday Total: 1225K
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
Digital Foundry compares Lego City Undercover on the Nintendo Switch vs the PS4, XBox One and Wii U versions:

- Switch and PS4 versions run at native 1080p
- XBox One version is below 1080p native resolution (outputs at a reduced native horizontal resolution 1388 x 1080p).

The PS4 version runs at 60 fps locked indoors, 30 fps capped outdoors.
Swich version is also 1080p native resolution in docked mode with slightly reduced image quality compared to the PS4 version, 720p in portable.
The XBox One version is actually below 1080p native resolution.
The Wii U version is 720p native resolution but 23-30 fps.

The Switch and Wii U versions have framerate drops below 30 fps and actually drops frames
more often in portable mode unlike other Switch games released so far.
Switch version runs around 26-30 fps in docked mode.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 14th, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Those are pretty good numbers. They also outsold the PS4's launch in Japan 519.5k v. 439.8k.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
The Switch had a strong start and WOM is good. But I hope people don't get carried away with the "Nintendo is back" narrative.

Let's see if Nintendo can continue to build on to this momentum throughout the year. Console releases can start strong and then falter.

Right now, I think they should do well with key exclusives like Mario Kart 8: Deluxe, Arms and Splatoon 2 coming in regular intervals.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
SuperData estimates Nintendo has sold 2.4 million Switches in March, beating the forecast by 400,000 units.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/04/14/supe ... rst-month/

Forecast for 2017 has now been revised upwards from 5 million to 7 million units.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
heywhatsmyname wrote: The Switch had a strong start and WOM is good. But I hope people don't get carried away with the "Nintendo is back" narrative.

Let's see if Nintendo can continue to build on to this momentum throughout the year. Console releases can start strong and then falter.

Right now, I think they should do well with key exclusives like Mario Kart 8: Deluxe, Arms and Splatoon 2 coming in regular intervals.
Agreed, Breath of the Wild is the first Zelda game I'm enjoying and it surely helped sales, but it's yet to be seen if more quality games can be delivered.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
XFactor11 wrote: Digital Foundry compares Lego City Undercover on the Nintendo Switch vs the PS4, XBox One and Wii U versions:

- Switch and PS4 versions run at native 1080p
- XBox One version is below 1080p native resolution (outputs at a reduced native horizontal resolution 1388 x 1080p).

The PS4 version runs at 60 fps locked indoors, 30 fps capped outdoors.
Swich version is also 1080p native resolution in docked mode, 720p in portable with slighly reduced image quality compared to the PS4 version.
The XBox One version is actually below 1080p native resolution.
The Wii U version is 720p native resolution but 23-30 fps.

The Switch and Wii U versions have framerate drops below 30 fps and actually drops frames
more often in portable mode unlike other Switch games released so far.
Switch version runs around 26-30 fps in docked mode.

Is there no PS4 pro setting?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Leaked image of MK8 Deluxe bundle. Anyone want to guess how much this will cost in CAD?

CAD will not be applicable. This is reported to be a Russian exclusive bundle.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
doctorgonzo wrote: CAD will not be applicable. This is reported to be a Russian exclusive bundle.
Not so, it's available at Gamestop I the US. Wonder if it'll be a In Canada at eb games. It's retails for 499 us w. Zelda and Mario kart and a 128gb sd card.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1317 posts
52 upvotes
PCDawg wrote: Not so, it's available at Gamestop I the US. Wonder if it'll be a In Canada at eb games. It's retails for 499 us w. Zelda and Mario kart and a 128gb sd card.
Not the same thing. What GameStop is selling is just the regular switch with games they pulled off the shelf. The Russian bundle is straight from Nintendo.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2310 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
Early reviews for Mario Kart 8: Deluxe are very good. Looking forward to playing this next week.

It seems to have enough improvements over the Wii U version to warrant another purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
smithfan wrote: Not the same thing. What GameStop is selling is just the regular switch with games they pulled off the shelf. The Russian bundle is straight from Nintendo.
Ok, you might be right. EB Games perhaps jsut made their own bundle and called it the Mario Kart bundle LOL
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
I prefer Mario Kart over realistic car racing games because Mario Kart is more of a party game, and a lot more spontaneous to play.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with its 94 metacritic average makes it the best reviewed racing game of all-time.
The vanilla original Mario Kart 8 on Wii U averaged an 88.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/m ... t-8-deluxe
heywhatsmyname wrote: Early reviews for Mario Kart 8: Deluxe are very good. Looking forward to playing this next week.

It seems to have enough improvements over the Wii U version to warrant another purchase.

Digital Foundry compares Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) to Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) vs Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 1080p native resolution docked, 720p in portable mode.
- locked smooth 60 frames per second.
- All DLC from Mario Kart 8 included, and four new additional characters. 48 tracks, 42 characters in total.
- Able to bank two items at a time instead of just one.
- New battle modes added (never released on Wii U).

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U):
- 720p native resolution
- 59-60 frames per second with frame pacing issues (buggy delivery of frames where it alternates between delivering 59 and 60 fps output).
- To add the DLC tracks and characters to the vanilla Wii U Mario Kart 8, it costs $34 USD extra. 4 characters are not in MK8 at all.
- Only can have 1 item banked at a time and no battle mode.

Mario Kart 7 on 3DS:
- (240p native resolution, 60 fps target, variable between 59 and 60 fps delivery).

No anti-aliasing on either version.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 20th, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
XFactor11 wrote: I prefer Mario Kart over realistic car racing games because Mario Kart is more of a party game, and a lot more spontaneous to play.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with its 94 metacritic average makes it the best reviewed racing game of all-time.
The vanilla original Mario Kart 8 on Wii U averaged an 88.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/m ... t-8-deluxe

Digital Foundry compares Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) to Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) vs Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch): 1080p native resolution docked, 720p in portable mode.
- locked smooth 60 frames per second.
- All DLC from Mario Kart 8 included, and two new additional characters.
- Able to bank two items at a time instead of just one.
- New battle modes added (never released on Wii U).

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U):
- 720p native resolution
- 59-60 frames per second with frame pacing issues (buggy delivery of frames where it alternates between delivering 59 and 60 fps output).
- To add the DLC tracks and characters to the vanilla Wii U Mario Kart 8, it costs $34 USD extra.
- Only can have 1 item banked at a time and no battle mode.

Mario Kart 7 on 3DS:
- (240p native resolution, 60 fps target, variable between 59 and 60 fps delivery).

No anti-aliasing on either version.
Lol at the comparison to the 3DS. Looks like the Wii U owners aren't missing much.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13960 posts
93 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
I had mk8 with the DLC's on the wii u.. I ended up selling the console so I don't have it anymore but I will probably wait a while until I pick this up (mainly for the battling.. glad they finally fixed it)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Ren wrote: Looks like the Wii U owners aren't missing much.
Pretty much. I'm looking forward to getting a Switch at some point but with the only major releases already being on WiiU there's not much reason to yet

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)