None
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2049 posts
567 upvotes
Edmonton
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 7:52 am
Anyone here know when Best Buy will get new stock? I can't even search for the Nintendo Switch on BB's website. I'm assuming the link have been taken down?
Follow these guys on Twitter, there's often an update on re-stocks:

https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17641 posts
187 upvotes
YVR
Andrew765 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:39 am
Follow these guys on Twitter, there's often an update on re-stocks:

https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub
Thanks! Not sure if the timing was coincidental or not, but I managed to buy a Switch from BB!

This is a very long thread. What are some good accessories worth buying? What's the best screen protector to get for the Switch?

I also recalled reading about the Switch's dock scratching the Switch. Have this issue been resolved yet?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1712 posts
215 upvotes
Red Deer
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 3:44 am
Thanks! Not sure if the timing was coincidental or not, but I managed to buy a Switch from BB!

This is a very long thread. What are some good accessories worth buying? What's the best screen protector to get for the Switch?

I also recalled reading about the Switch's dock scratching the Switch. Have this issue been resolved yet?

Thanks!
Our Switch is for my 10-year-old son who doesn't take care of his stuff. Decided to get him a travel case, screen protector and a USB-C-A cable to charge while travelling.

1. The screen protector we got was amazing. It's the Orzly tempered glass from Amazon (link) - the best $10 I've ever spent. It's super easy to apply (used the tape method to install - from video on their site), you can't even tell there's a screen protector on. Came in two-pack. Never had to use the second one.
2. The case was also Orzly (link) from Amazon. Good case but it doesn't fit the Nintendo wall charger well; when charger is in it, it puts a lot of pressure on the screen and case's zipper.
3. Got this cable (link) because of (2) above, it's a basic 6ft USB C-A cable that reviews mention was tough and resists bending (which is great for the Switch because of the location of the charging port - you'll bend the cord when plugged in while in use). It does a slow charge, I don't think it charges while playing but it's good for travel and fits inside the case nicely.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2110 posts
103 upvotes
stock is available at best buy for those interested..
Nov 3, 2014
506 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 3:29 am
Was there ever a sale on the pro controller?
Closest thing to a sale to me was buying it at thesource.ca with the $25 off email sign up coupon for $100+ purchases

Worked out well for me since I needed a screen protector as well
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4206 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
what would you guys say are must-have accessories?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1680 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
FYI - There is an offically licensed wired Hori controller available for $40 at all retailers. It does not include rumble, motion or NFC. The reviews are good.

Might be a good option for people looking for a cheap 2nd or 3rd controller instead of getting another $90 Pro Controller.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3294 posts
352 upvotes
Markham
Seems to be frequent restocks these days. Saw plenty at a local Walmart today.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
May 9, 2007
792 posts
208 upvotes
Mario Rabbids is getting rave reviews everywhere. I don't even own a switch but it looks like something I'd want to play.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 10:19 am
Mario Rabbids is getting rave reviews everywhere. I don't even own a switch but it looks like something I'd want to play.
Do you enjoy Xcom games? I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to that and even though XCOM 2 got rave reviews I just couldn't get into that game.
May 9, 2007
792 posts
208 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 11:14 am
Do you enjoy Xcom games? I'm seeing a lot of comparisons to that and even though XCOM 2 got rave reviews I just couldn't get into that game.
I absolutely adored the original Xcom games from the 90s. I even still own the boxed copy which is kind of funny now that I think about it. I couldn't really get into the recent Xcom games but I never really gave them much of a chance to be fair. I think that strategy games and RTS in general just don't hold the appeal that they used to.

I like the Mario Rabbids art style even though I found the Rabbids themselves kind of weird. Seems like a fun and easy game to pick up and play which is surprising since I've heard that this game actually has more depth than Xcom.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 12:22 pm
Seems like a fun and easy game to pick up and play which is surprising since I've heard that this game actually has more depth than Xcom.
I've actually read a few players say it's as difficult if not more difficult than the recent Xcom games which is interesting for a "Mario and Rabbids" branded game. Sounds like a good game but curious to see how average gamers buying it on franchise recognition alone react to it being a difficult turn based strategy game

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)