• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2024 6:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Jesus. All that time on that stupid Switch 1 2 skit and trailer so they could show off a party game and this didn't bother to show this:

Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2180 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: I dunno. You guys all party people and going to use this as an ice breaker? How about family gaming night?
I plan to go to rooftop parties with my Switch and meet up with 7 other Switch owners and get the most amazing multiplayer experience going!

(I'll be shocked if I end up knowing more than 3-4 people who own a Switch)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Ascott wrote: Jesus. All that time on that stupid Switch 1 2 skit and trailer so they could show off a party game and this didn't bother to show this:

I thought that I saw bomberman during the presentation. That's awesome. I love that game.
Sep 4, 2016
904 posts
350 upvotes
DougO wrote: Well, the presentation looked good but I didn't see anything on the actual hardware they are using such as the ability to output 4K HDR or multichannel sound like Atmos. The games look interesting but the ones shown have zero interest for me. Fighting games should work good on this one but how do you play racing games that normally use a steering wheel and foot pedals? And online play isn't just about games anymore. Much online content is also things like TV series, etc. But of course we here in Canada will probably be locked out. Only good thing is the unit itself won't be region locked. Guess they looked at the PS4 and said "what the hell". And USB-c connectors? Well, the adoption rate for that isn't the greatest at the present but may go up a bit in the future. Dunno if I want to plunk down $400 for one as soon as they are released. Good thing there will be a lot of contests, so maybe I can pick one up that way to add to my collection...
They're going to be $300CDN not $400.

Personally Nintendo should have put an action cam onto the unit and have the joycon candy bars double up as selfie sticks. Big seller right there. We all know people will want to be taking selfies with this console when on the go.
"It took eight years for DDP Yoga to become an overnight sensation" - Diamond Dallas Page
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Ascott wrote: Jesus. All that time on that stupid Switch 1 2 skit and trailer so they could show off a party game and this didn't bother to show this:
They skipped quite a few things.

I'm hoping that's a new 1080 Snowboarding there. There's a DBZ game, NBA 2K18 and Minecraft among a number of titles in this sizzle reel.

EDIT: Here's the list but doesn't mention Bomberman and SF2 plus a number more.
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-a- ... 1791149796
The video includes clips from Minecraft, a Dragon Ball Z game, I Am Setsuna, Minecraft: Story Mode, Sonic, Skyrim, Just Dance, FIFA, Street Fighter, NBA 2k18, Lego City Undercover, Farming Simulator, Skylanders Imaginators, Project Octopath Traveler, Rayman Legends, Has Been Heroes.
Last edited by Haz on Jan 13th, 2017 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Yeah, and it's a perfect demonstration of the Switch too because it will work well within the limits of the split Joycons, you can play it for a few minutes or a few hours, and it's a great multiplayer experience.

But nope, sexually frustrated cowboy stereotypes apparently aligned better with Nintendo's marketing image.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
DiamondDallasPage wrote: They're going to be $300CDN not $400.

Personally Nintendo should have put an action cam onto the unit and have the joycon candy bars double up as selfie sticks. Big seller right there. We all know people will want to be taking selfies with this console when on the go.
The Switch is 399. i can't believe the grip thing to join the joy-cons are $40.

Zelda is roughly 3 hours of portable battery life, has 32 gb of memory although a microSD can be used and 1280 x 720 screen.
Last edited by thechampion116 on Jan 13th, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Cripes! I hope the resolution is good enough for this old codger. I can barely see the stuff on my Ipad and have to adjust the screen constantly when i can't find my cheaters. That's why I don't go in for portables...I can't see the screen anymore. I'm typing on my keyboard but the letters are all fuzzy without my glasses on. But I've been typing on a qwerty keyboard for so many years you know exactly where all the letters are...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
DiamondDallasPage wrote: They're going to be $300CDN not $400.

No, it's $399 CAD
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Site for online is up

Says you get a free NES or SNES game every month... with added online play? That's actually an interesting idea if nothing else.
Sep 4, 2016
904 posts
350 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: The Switch is 399. i can't believe the grip thing to join the joy-cons are $40.

Zelda is roughly 3 hours of portable battery life, has 32 gb of memory although a microSD can be used and 1280 x 720 screen.
Yikes, overpriced. I think $300 is a good price for it. $400 is what full fledged consoles like PS4 and XB1 came out at and those are much more powerful.

Not sure how big the screen is, but it doesn't look much bigger than a smartphone. They should have the screen size minimum 13".

I like the unit, I wonder how long before you can use that as a 3rd party drone controller. That would be amazing to use.
Last edited by DiamondDallasPage on Jan 13th, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It took eight years for DDP Yoga to become an overnight sensation" - Diamond Dallas Page
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote: Zelda is roughly 3 hours of portable battery life, has 32 gb of memory although a microSD can be used and 1280 x 720 screen.
damn that's kind of disappointing. I have a 2-3 year old tablet that's 1080p. I'm not too worried since I'll mostly play at home anyways and i'm sure 720p will be good enough for portable. 3DS is even lower res and still looks great to me
Last edited by ReeGee on Jan 13th, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: The Switch is 399. i can't believe the grip thing to join the joy-cons are $40.

What's the max output through HDMI? Most games companies are shooting for 4K these days. 720p even on a handheld would be low rez. Cheap phones are better than that.
Sep 4, 2016
904 posts
350 upvotes
The biggest competitor for the switch will be the ipad. People will look at the switch for $400, then see they can get an ipad mini for the same price and the ipad can do many more things and most importantly take selfies. So they will most likely choose the ipad. The ipad single handedly killed the Nintendo DS and PSP Go market.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
I definitely will not own my own version of the Switch on release date. Just some things to take note of myself:

Console - 399.99
Pro controller (optional) - 89.99 - although I don't think its optional if I want to truly play on my television
Zelda Game - 79.99
= $644 after Ontario taxes.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Ascott wrote: Site for online is up

Says you get a free NES or SNES game every month... with added online play? That's actually an interesting idea if nothing else.
Free for the month only. At least thats the first thing that came to mind for me. This is not free games lie Live and PSN.

Do I have to hope another retailer goes out of business so I can join the Nintendo party? Its the only reason I own the Wii U (Thanks Target).

EB Games has some okay promos. $150 TIV for Wii U 32gb or New 3DS XL. Double the value of all other trades towards the Nintendo Switch. I would do it if I had stuff to trade but I don't want to trade my Wii U or 3DS. It's something at least.
Last edited by thechampion116 on Jan 13th, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Names of games are in the sizzle reel ending.

Racing game is Fast RMX (by Shinen of Fast Racing Neo fame).

Snowboarding game is Steep by Ubisoft.

And it's Bomberman R that was in there too.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)