• Dec 5th, 2017 8:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19158 posts
2745 upvotes
Poormond Hill
My Mario order from Walmart was shipped out yesterday and is expected today.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3316 posts
388 upvotes
Markham
Mine still says it’s not shipped and expected Wednesday. It’s not looking good because usually it’s shipped by now.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2208 posts
244 upvotes
Ajax
I know sometimes folks here get up tight about delivery times. If it is an absolute issue that you must have said game on launch, then buying it in store is the only option. So if you must play this weekend, go to Best Buy or whatever, pick it up and play, Then on when your online copy comes, return it back to the store.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2091 posts
312 upvotes
Found Mario Odyssey at my local Shoppers of all places. Had a 20x coupon, so took advantage. This game is fantastic. My wife isn't much of a gamer, but we're having a blast with the 2-player mode.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1115 posts
187 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 9:12 am
I know sometimes folks here get up tight about delivery times. If it is an absolute issue that you must have said game on launch, then buying it in store is the only option. So if you must play this weekend, go to Best Buy or whatever, pick it up and play, Then on when your online copy comes, return it back to the store.
This is basically what I did. Got the coln and a poster as well at BB. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
27360 posts
1796 upvotes
Winnipeg
XShadowX wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 10:51 pm
Best buy charged me $99 for MarioSmiling Face With Horns
you sounded like it was a surprise, didn't you know the cost before buying it? i'm not against $100 games, if it can be priced to sell, why not get at much as they can. you bought it after all.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1115 posts
187 upvotes
divx wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 1:01 pm
you sounded like it was a surprise, didn't you know the cost before buying it? i'm not against $100 games, if it can be priced to sell, why not get at much as they can. you bought it after all.
Cause it's a mistake on their part. I was charged the same thing since that was that stupid place holder price when pre order went live. Call and they will fix their mistake.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19158 posts
2745 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Not announced yet. And don't ask how I know.

Nintendo will be releasing a Zelda: BoTW Expansion Edition. It should be out in a few months for the same price as the current one.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
1957 posts
176 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Any recommendations on cases or screen protectors for the Switch?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1683 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
I played a couple hours of Odyssey. The presentation and style of this game is much better than previous Mario games, especially Super Mario 3D World and its lame cat power-up. Graphics are great in docked mode, not as sharp on handheld mode.

There is an abundance of moons, so it does not feel as rewarding as collecting sunshines in Super Mario Sunshine.

When it comes to gameplay, its more of the same. Which is not a bad thing.

Great game, but its not redefining the series as Breath of the Wild did to Zelda.
Aug 24, 2011
899 posts
497 upvotes
London
Posted this in the console thread but as a ps4/pc guy, I'm loving the switch with Odyssey. I hope they introduce cloud saves and virtual console and perhaps lower the price of some accessories.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
Nintendo still has not updated the My Nintendo Rewards page to include Nintendo Switch rewards.

https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories

It has been "coming soon" since March. I have some Gold Points that are expiring in a few months.
I doubt Virtual Console or cloud saves are coming anytime soon. The Nintendo Paid online service is not launching until next year.

Nintendo is probably waiting until then to sort out all those issues.
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:39 pm
Posted this in the console thread but as a ps4/pc guy, I'm loving the switch with Odyssey. I hope they introduce cloud saves and virtual console and perhaps lower the price of some accessories.
The jazz themed trailer song "Jump Up Superstar" from Super Mario Odyssey is available free to download in .mp4 format on Nintendo's Japanese website.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/aaaca ... index.html
Last edited by XFactor11 on Oct 29th, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.