None
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3316 posts
388 upvotes
Markham
mrtvgame wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:05 pm
In store they had the correction notice stating videogame hardware and software are not included. Do not be surprised all of the online orders get cancelled tomorrow morning.
My order didn’t get canceled, it shipped.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2208 posts
244 upvotes
Ajax
Jonavin wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:56 pm
My order didn’t get canceled, it shipped.
Yes, we were all very lucky. Enjoy it now!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2690 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys keep the games or trade them/sell them?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3316 posts
388 upvotes
Markham
Switch and Mario+Rabbid for $449 at Bestbuy. Cars game for $29. Buy two games and save $10 (doesn’t seem to work for preorders but works for Zelda expansion pass).
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1115 posts
187 upvotes
Jonavin wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:16 am
Switch and Mario+Rabbid for $449 at Bestbuy. Cars game for $29. Buy two games and save $10 (doesn’t seem to work for preorders but works for Zelda expansion pass).
Nice! Got SnipperClips Plus and the Zelda expansion. :)
Jun 12, 2004
831 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked up a switch. does any USB-C charge it? but it needs a specific adapter to display HDMI right (If i need a second)?
-"The subconscious is a state in which reality is just a vistor."-
-"A makeshift salvation is nothing but deception"-
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
The Skyrim port to Nintendo Switch looks and runs a lot better than the last gen (PS3 and XBox 360 versions).
The Switch version is 720p with dynamic resolution in portable mode and 900p in docked mode.

The Nintendo Switch version is a locked 30 frames per second whereas the X360 and PS3 especially have choppy framerates and lower resolution.

The PS4 and XB1 remastered versions do look better than the Switch version (those are 1080p native resolution on the base
systems and much higher resolution on the Pro and One X models).

source:
Spider-man on Resetera
https://www.resetera.com/threads/digita ... itch.6429/
Digital Foundry takes a look at Skyrim on Nintendo Switch.

Impressions:
-Solid 30fps
-Draw distance is the only graphical setting reduced in portable mode
-Volumetric lighting is not in this version (it is in the remastered Special Edition on PS4 / XB1)
-720p (with dynamic res) portable
-900p docked

Full Article
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... ystation-4
Last edited by XFactor11 on Nov 16th, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2040 posts
190 upvotes
Aegis wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 11:35 pm
Just picked up a switch. does any USB-C charge it? but it needs a specific adapter to display HDMI right (If i need a second)?
You can charge from any USB C source, but you need a fairly robust source to charge at full speed/play in docked mode - the included adapter is 39W. My 12W ( 5V 2.4A) Anker Powercore can charge the system while in use in portable mode.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1681 posts
175 upvotes
m4r 1k8
hey guys anyone order from the switch from the dell deal? if so any updates on when they wills hip out hte console ... i got a call last night about them processing my order and told me it should be here by end of week ... but i see no changes online!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
Digital Foundry analyses Xenoblade Chroncles 2:

Docked mode:
- 720p native resolution
- has framerate drops below 30 frames per second.

Portable mode: Dynamic resolution with a low of 368p to a high of 552p output resolution.

- Despite the low resolution the game can look good in portable mode.

Overall they say Xenoblde Chronicles 2 looks a lot better graphically, has further draw distance, better lighting
than its predecessor in the franchise, Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U), which is also 720p native resolution.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
I just read yesterday that apparently both Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Rocket League look like garbage in portable mode because they run at super low resolution when not docked which is somewhat disappointing to hear. I'm glad this thing is doing well for Nintendo and I really want to to get one eventually for exclusives like Odyssey at some point but I'm having a hard time overlooking the various hardware faults at its current price. I will probably wait another year or two at this point for an improved "New Switch" model and/or a big price drop.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
It still looks very impressive in portable mode.

As do games like Mario Kart 8 (720p/60 FPS in portable mode) and Zelda (dynamic resolution up to 720p in portable mode).

Keep in mind that 3DS games are 240p native resolution and PS Vita games are 540p or lower.
The PS Vita can play PS4 and PS3 games via the Remote play feature but almost nobody uses that function since it is not communicated well
and remote streaming introduces input lag.

The Wii U's gamepad screen is also only 480p resolution, whereas the Switch's portable screen is 720p.

A poster on ResetEra compiled a list of native resolutions for Switch games in docked and portable modes here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
ReeGee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:12 am
I just read yesterday that apparently both Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Rocket League look like garbage in portable mode because they run at super low resolution when not docked which is somewhat disappointing to hear. I'm glad this thing is doing well for Nintendo and I really want to to get one eventually for exclusives like Odyssey at some point but I'm having a hard time overlooking the various hardware faults at its current price. I will probably wait another year or two at this point for an improved "New Switch" model and/or a big price drop.
Portable mode screenshots I took in the first town just after the intro:

Docked mode: 720p native resolution scaled to 1080p output.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 5th, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:56 am
Keep in mind that 3DS games are 240p native resolution and PS Vita games are 540p or lower.
Yes but that was released back in 2011 and I paid like $200 for my 3DS with a game included a year later. I have higher expectations for a $450-500 device in 2017. I'm sure the first party games are good but the current hardware is poor for the price in my opinion. I honestly regret buying the original 3DS because the XL and the "New" turned out to be so much better and it was a hassle to upgrade and sell. There is no doubt in my mind they will release a better version so I'm going to be more patient this time around.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6052 posts
1320 upvotes
I have both 3DS models and the New 3DS XL version has the exact same resolution output.
Some games do run smoother on the New 3DS XL over the 3DS however.
ReeGee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:22 pm
Yes but that was released back in 2011 and I paid like $200 for my 3DS with a game included a year later. I have higher expectations for a $450-500 device in 2017. I'm sure the first party games are good but the current hardware is poor for the price in my opinion. I honestly regret buying the original 3DS because the XL and the "New" turned out to be so much better and it was a hassle to upgrade and sell. There is no doubt in my mind they will release a better version so I'm going to be more patient this time around.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:26 pm
I have both 3DS models and the New 3DS XL version has the exact same resolution output.
Some games do run smoother on the New 3DS XL over the 3DS however.
It's not just about resolution though. The XL was a far better device due to all around better design choices, the "New" even better than that for obvious reasons. Portable resolution isn't the Switch's only issue either, it's just one more nagging issue on top of others. I'm glad I was able to sell my original 3DS and upgrade, but I'd rather not go through that hassle again with the Switch, especially when it costs 2x more. I have a feeling the inevitable improved Switch will be so much better that people will have a very hard time selling the current ones.