• May 19th, 2018 7:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1406 posts
309 upvotes
mississauga
still waiting out for a revision of the hardware, the bezel from the year 2000 is killing me.
think first, buy later.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1745 posts
427 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:55 am
Completely concur. Brought the Switch with me to the UK for business and it was fantastic. I gamed more that week than I have in months. Next trip I'm going to make sure I have a mini dock and power source as well.

At home it's great too as I can play on the TV or in bed.

Instant sleep/resume is a such a big game changer.

Its too bad all my backlog titles are not available on Switch.
I would do awful, filthy things for Persona 5, Nier: Automata and the Yakuza series on the Switch. You might want to invest in the Anker USB-C charger. On my last flight to Frankfurt, the 767 did not provide enough voltage to charge the Switch outside of sleep mode.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5817 posts
1984 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still not sure when I'm getting a Switch, maybe later this year if anything good gets announced but there is zero chance I ever pay to play online on a Nintendo platform. Mario Kart 8 online was cool but I more than had my fix of that and there is nothing else Nintendo offers online that I care about enough to pay a fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1745 posts
427 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:31 pm
I'm still not sure when I'm getting a Switch, maybe later this year if anything good gets announced but there is zero chance I ever pay to play online on a Nintendo platform. Mario Kart 8 online was cool but I more than had my fix of that and there is nothing else Nintendo offers online that I care about enough to pay a fee.
Splatoon 2 is good fun, but I agree, I would have a very hard time paying money for a Nintendo online service. Now, if they ported Monster Hunter World on the other hand...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5817 posts
1984 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:46 pm
Splatoon 2 is good fun, but I agree, I would have a very hard time paying money for a Nintendo online service. Now, if they ported Monster Hunter World on the other hand...
I couldn't get into the original Splatoon and definitely would not pay a fee to try the second. I guess the big question is what else does the service offer and what third party ports are on the way that may make it worthwhile but generally speaking the concept of paying subscription fees for console online play is totally lost on me
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
If the price is right and there is a enough added games or what not I don't mind paying for a year subscription even though I don't really use my console online much. Though I do play MK8, Arms, and Splatoon 2 from time to time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8036 posts
671 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 10:58 am
I would do awful, filthy things for Persona 5, Nier: Automata and the Yakuza series on the Switch. You might want to invest in the Anker USB-C charger. On my last flight to Frankfurt, the 767 did not provide enough voltage to charge the Switch outside of sleep mode.
I hear you. I also need to get a travel dock so I can play on the hotel TV.
Jan 31, 2008
166 posts
44 upvotes
Etobicoke
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:54 pm
If the price is right and there is a enough added games or what not I don't mind paying for a year subscription even though I don't really use my console online much. Though I do play MK8, Arms, and Splatoon 2 from time to time.
It'll be $20. (US, so likely $25 here)
Aug 20, 2009
6384 posts
1047 upvotes
Grimsby
They better hurry with adding that VC stuff because the Switch modchips are already in the works.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6422 posts
1502 upvotes

source:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/digita ... ook.21425/
-720p in both modes, visual settings are identical, still no AA.
-docked is usually 10-20FPS faster than Wii U, still dips below 60FPS at the same stress points.
-undocked performance is better than Wii U but not as good as docked
Bayonetta 2 on the Switch is 720p native resolution in both docked and portable modes (which is the same resolution as the Wii U version).
- Framerate stability is improved to the point that it hits 60 frames per second a lot more often than the Wii U version.
- It still has framerate drops at the same stress points (but to a far lesser extent than on Wii U).
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1745 posts
427 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 8:27 am
They better hurry with adding that VC stuff because the Switch modchips are already in the works.
I'm actually disappointed by this. This is a really good system and Nintendo brought their A-game for the launch. They don't deserve to get hammered by pirates like they were on the DS and Wii U.
Apr 11, 2010
204 posts
40 upvotes
Question. Is there a day/time that the eShop puts up new deals or are they put up at any time?