• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 11:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3289 posts
1598 upvotes
New switch user, I apologize if this has been ask? What’s the best and cheapest sd card I should grab for my switch. Thanks in advance
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7183 posts
1002 upvotes
witenite wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 8:05 pm
New switch user, I apologize if this has been ask? What’s the best and cheapest sd card I should grab for my switch. Thanks in advance
i bought a 200gb sandisk when it was on sale for $60 or so this past winter.

its a bit overkill, maybe, but i can see myself downloading more and more titles in the next 5+ years and totally fill it up.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3289 posts
1598 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 8:34 pm
i bought a 200gb sandisk when it was on sale for $60 or so this past winter.

its a bit overkill, maybe, but i can see myself downloading more and more titles in the next 5+ years and totally fill it up.
Have a link?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7183 posts
1002 upvotes
witenite wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 8:51 pm
Will keep my eye out for a good sale, I’m assuming that the micro sdxc card out there ?
yea, comes with an sd adapter too. Can easily use it in a camera as well...or a macbook...or a laptop...or cell

i have my old 64gb micro in my laptop simply because i switch phones and have no use for it otherwise. its a nice addition.

When the regular SD card with 512gb gets to around $200, I'll grab that for my future laptop.

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Extreme-U ... gb+sandisk

too expensive now at around $1/gb with taxes included.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3289 posts
1598 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 9:14 pm
yea, comes with an sd adapter too. Can easily use it in a camera as well...or a macbook...or a laptop...or cell

i have my old 64gb micro in my laptop simply because i switch phones and have no use for it otherwise. its a nice addition.

When the regular SD card with 512gb gets to around $200, I'll grab that for my future laptop.

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Extreme-U ... gb+sandisk

too expensive now at around $1/gb with taxes included.
Heading to the states, might hit a best buy any of these you recommend aka best deal

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage ... &keys=keys
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7183 posts
1002 upvotes
witenite wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 11:15 pm
Heading to the states, might hit a best buy any of these you recommend aka best deal

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage ... &keys=keys
128 for $45 is the best deal from that list.

funny how the nintendo labeled card is almost twice as expensive.

remember, this memory card doesnt need to "write" anything besides screenshots or a saved game file. So write speed doesnt matter.

If you were buying for a phone or camera where you can film at 4k resolution, or slo-mo, etc and you constantly write to the memory card, thats when you should pay extra for a card that is faster with writing.

really depends on your personal budget.

i had a guy in college who I used to sometimes go shopping with, and he'd blow $500 for a tshirt that looked like a it was from Sketchers, but more high end. He was justifying it because they were limited editions to only 100 tshirts. Even though the design was 80-90% the same as a $20 tshirt.

To each their own, when it comes to whats a good deal.

Any Sandisk card is a good choice.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18396 posts
288 upvotes
YVR
What's the lowest price that the digital edition of Zelda sold for in Canada? I rather get the digital copy than the physical copy of this game. It's a classic and I'll never trade it in.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2156 posts
236 upvotes
First good impressions video I've seen of Labo:

If Tested is reasonably impressed with it, maybe there's something there.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2156 posts
236 upvotes

Todays direct was alright. A lot of ports, Dark Souls Amiibo, Actual footage of the new No More Heroes, more Octopath Traveler info (Multiclassing is my jam), big content updates for Splatoon 2, an expansion for Splatoon 2, and a new Smash Bros. Teaser. Wish we'd seen something out of Fire Emblem or SMTV.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6612 posts
1610 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 5:54 pm

Todays direct was alright. A lot of ports, Dark Souls Amiibo, Actual footage of the new No More Heroes, more Octopath Traveler info (Multiclassing is my jam), big content updates for Splatoon 2, an expansion for Splatoon 2, and a new Smash Bros. Teaser. Wish we'd seen something out of Fire Emblem or SMTV.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion single-player DLC announced
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker port with some new levels announced
Super Smash Bros Switch version announced for this year.

The popular Wii U games are all getting ports to the Switch it seems.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7075 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Crash Bandicoot trilogy and no more heroes coming as well.

Looking good. Get ready for discounted e3 pre orders.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6112 posts
2217 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao I'm in this like weird minority group of people where playing and enjoying the WiiU and 3DS for so many years has made so many Switch announcement fall totally flat for me. It feels like every other "new" game is just some WiiU port or rehash of an old franchise I've already put hundreds of hours into and don't care about anymore. A new Smash game in 2018 doesn't really do anything for me as I'm willing to bet it'll be the old Smash 4 engine and gameplay rehashed with a new roster. I'm way more interested to hear more about No More Heroes than Smash
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6612 posts
1610 upvotes
The Wii U ended up being a beta test for the Nintendo Switch. The Switch is probably what Nintendo should have released as a console in the first place.
The Wii U did not catch on with the mass gaming audience whereas the Nintendo Switch is exceeding all expectations.

The large tablet controller on the Wii U is not what most people want as a controller for a console.
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 10:36 am
Lmao I'm in this like weird minority group of people where playing and enjoying the WiiU and 3DS for so many years has made so many Switch announcement fall totally flat for me. It feels like every other "new" game is just some WiiU port or rehash of an old franchise I've already put hundreds of hours into and don't care about anymore. A new Smash game in 2018 doesn't really do anything for me as I'm willing to bet it'll be the old Smash 4 engine and gameplay rehashed with a new roster. I'm way more interested to hear more about No More Heroes than Smash