• Sep 20th, 2018 10:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1326 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys. I recently scored a Wii and Wii U system with about 20 games and a few Wiimotes at a garage sale. Anybody here have any recommendations for where I can score battery packs and maybe even additional games for a reasonable price to complete the set for my kids? Everything is cleaned up and ready to go and I want to stock up on some quality stuff for them.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1518 posts
358 upvotes
mississauga
Think its probably best to buy a AA charger with a few sets of lithiums over a third party battery kit for the wiimotes.
think first, buy later.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1326 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
msz87 wrote:
May 28th, 2018 10:43 am
Think its probably best to buy a AA charger with a few sets of lithiums over a third party battery kit for the wiimotes.
I have a charge kit for the wiimotes I've obtained. If I put rechargeable batteries in the wiimotes will the charger recharge them? I would think they would but I'm not sure.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7787 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
Disgaea 5 for the switch is now $49.99 at bestbuy.ca. Apparently it is a permanent price drop.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1987 posts
534 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
May 30th, 2018 5:10 am
I can't believe Pokemon rumors were actually right for a change. Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee actually exist and do actually take place in Kanto.
Couch co-op is cool, but I was hoping for a full on Pokemon game.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1518 posts
358 upvotes
mississauga
how does the crossplay on switch work exactly, couldnt find any info.

if you're using switch without a group in another platform does it only matchmake you against other switch players?
think first, buy later.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13943 posts
81 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
have a quick question for everybody:

I currently have a switch and I'm planning on playing some more multiplayer (overcooked, mario tennis and eventually super mario party). I'm deciding whether to get an extra set of joycons or a few pro controllers for the other players.

assuming budget wasn't an issue, would it be better to have a pro controller for the 3 other players? I know getting an extra set of joycons would already mean that 4 people could play altogether.. but from what I remember, even playing mk8 for an extended period of time got a bit tiring to hold. portability wouldn't be a huge issue as most of the time we would be playing at my apartment.

anybody have experience with both controllers and can chime in? :) thanks in advance.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6620 posts
1614 upvotes
The Nintendo Switch Pro controllers are my preferred controller choice for that system but it is also the most expensive option.
In games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, using 2 detached joycons (one in each hand) is almost as comfortable too.

I don't really like using the single joycon, holding it sideways in two hands option.

In Mario Tennis Aces, there is a motion control option ala the wii mote style Wii Sports Tennis.

skyblue12 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 4:20 pm
have a quick question for everybody:

I currently have a switch and I'm planning on playing some more multiplayer (overcooked, mario tennis and eventually super mario party). I'm deciding whether to get an extra set of joycons or a few pro controllers for the other players.

assuming budget wasn't an issue, would it be better to have a pro controller for the 3 other players? I know getting an extra set of joycons would already mean that 4 people could play altogether.. but from what I remember, even playing mk8 for an extended period of time got a bit tiring to hold. portability wouldn't be a huge issue as most of the time we would be playing at my apartment.

anybody have experience with both controllers and can chime in? :) thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4878 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Gah - can't decide whether to buy Mario Tennis cartridge or over the eShop ... resale versus convenience. If only there were a price difference.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2161 posts
240 upvotes
You get more gold points for the eShop version (+4% of the purchase price), so there's a marginal price difference of ~$3.20.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
2561 posts
1263 upvotes
Toronto and London
milhaus wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 2:01 pm
Gah - can't decide whether to buy Mario Tennis cartridge or over the eShop ... resale versus convenience. If only there were a price difference.
Costco masterpass promo on eShop credit (last year $25 off) and the digital preorder bonus made it an easy choice for me. Also it's a multiplayer game so I rather not swap out cartridges.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8890 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
May 17th, 2018 12:10 pm
It's crazy how fast that all came together. They even have spoofed the game cart swapping functionality.
True

I’m waiting for my jig to come in.

There’s a small device called Tinker m0 I think it is.

There’s a guide on how to install it internally and I plan to do it. I don’t plan on using SX-OS though due to recent news of them stealing peoples work and using it in their OS, not only that but even worse they have code in their OS that can and will brick the console. Not that I’d try to crack the OS as I have no experience doing that but apparently it can be triggered pretty easily by accident.