• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 8:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2127 posts
225 upvotes
I bought those Orzly screen protectors. No issues with them, would recommend.

Besides that, a case if you actually plan to take the unit out of the home.
Aug 20, 2009
6489 posts
1130 upvotes
Grimsby
Screen protector and storage card if you're going to download a lot of games. Personally I feel like the Pro Controller is a must but I mainly play at home, I don't take mine on the road much.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1455 posts
400 upvotes
Yeah definitely getting a pro controller, will probably pick up from costco. I will get the SD card from costco too when it goes on sale. I assume I will be good for a bit without it.

What's good carrying case? I might bring it to work sometimes.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2127 posts
225 upvotes
Personally I bought this. Works fine. There's probably nicer cases out there, but on launch day this was what was easy to get.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1898 posts
488 upvotes
I am so hyped that the Switch is getting MHGU. I wish more stuff would get ported to the system. I have been bed ridden all week with pneumonia and the Switch has been amazing for keeping myself occupied.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8757 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
inocent wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 1:22 pm
Yeah definitely getting a pro controller, will probably pick up from costco. I will get the SD card from costco too when it goes on sale. I assume I will be good for a bit without it.

What's good carrying case? I might bring it to work sometimes.
Pro controller is worth it.

Just bought a 128gb sd card for use with SX-OS in my switch though as 32gb isn’t cutting it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5024 posts
716 upvotes
calgary
Stock R wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 12:50 pm
Is there a way to pre-order a digital copy of Smash Brothers at a discount? I'd want a soft copy but don't want to pay more than a hard copy if I buy through e3 promos or shoppers.
Nope, unfortunately as someone who vastly prefers digital games this has never been an option.
Even when retailers do sell digital codes they won't match the prices with the physical copy.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2127 posts
225 upvotes
You could in a round about way. Wait for an ebay sale/promo to buy eShop cards at a (Usually 20%) discount. You get the extra gold coins too, so the final discount is ~24%.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8092 posts
704 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 1:09 pm
Nope, unfortunately as someone who vastly prefers digital games this has never been an option.
Even when retailers do sell digital codes they won't match the prices with the physical copy.
Ugh. That sucks. I usually prefer hard copies to offload when I'm done but I expect to keep this one around and want it available quickly.
Ascott wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 8:06 pm
You could in a round about way. Wait for an ebay sale/promo to buy eShop cards at a (Usually 20%) discount. You get the extra gold coins too, so the final discount is ~24%.
Thx. Will keep in mind. How do you know the eshop on eBay is legit?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2127 posts
225 upvotes
No idea. I've just seen people mention doing it on Reddit. Personally I barely use eBay.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2127 posts
225 upvotes
I'm a few hours into Octopath Traveler and it's pretty great so far. Just picked up my third party member.

My Nintendo has a collection of alternative character specific cover art for the game. There's not a lot of stuff to spend platinum points on, and I bought it digitally, so I actually think this is pretty cool. I'll probably grab Switch cases and put one of these on my shelf. It would be really neat if alternative covers became a common reward. Switch cases aren't expensive, so it would make digital purchases a little more compelling for me.

Nintendo also released a charging stand a few days ago for anyone that plays a lot in tabletop mode.
Aug 20, 2009
6489 posts
1130 upvotes
Grimsby
I just picked up my third party member last night. So far I went Therion (main), Cyrus and Ophelia. I really wanted to main H'aanit but I ended up restarting after seeing all of those chests I couldn't unlock. I think I'm going to swing down south to get Olberic as my 4th to round things out. Definitely going to do two playthrus so I'm going to recruit Prim, Alfyn, H'aanit and Tressa but then leave them idle for my next one. Therion feels a bit on the weak side but I haven't unlocked any secondary classes yet. Really digging the game so far, combat is pretty fun and I like the path actions.

Apparently the game also has 4 advanced classes that you unlock in level 50 dungeons and an end game dungeon that ties all of the character stories together.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1898 posts
488 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 4:15 pm
I'm a few hours into Octopath Traveler and it's pretty great so far. Just picked up my third party member.

My Nintendo has a collection of alternative character specific cover art for the game. There's not a lot of stuff to spend platinum points on, and I bought it digitally, so I actually think this is pretty cool. I'll probably grab Switch cases and put one of these on my shelf. It would be really neat if alternative covers became a common reward. Switch cases aren't expensive, so it would make digital purchases a little more compelling for me.

Nintendo also released a charging stand a few days ago for anyone that plays a lot in tabletop mode.
It's fun, but I'm struggling with the repetition of go here, meet character, do their story quest, do special ability, repeat. I wish there was a stronger narrative thread. I did play the 3 hour demo, but had I known this was the entire structure of the game, I probably would've waited for a sale.
Aug 20, 2009
6489 posts
1130 upvotes
Grimsby
unshavenyak wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 10:58 am
It's fun, but I'm struggling with the repetition of go here, meet character, do their story quest, do special ability, repeat. I wish there was a stronger narrative thread. I did play the 3 hour demo, but had I known this was the entire structure of the game, I probably would've waited for a sale.
Really? I don't know, I'm kind of digging the break from the typical "Save the world" JRPG plot. Apparently the end game dungeon sort of ties together all of the characters. There are some skits and banter with the classes in the later chapters apparently too, though I haven't seen any yet since I'm still early on.