Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Nissan] 2016 Rogue with $3500 cash incentive

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2017 1:52 am
Tags:
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
Nothing like getting a car that always feels like its stuck in 1st gear. And to pay almost $30,000 for it. Silly people.
Aug 15, 2007
614 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nissan has traditionally had some issues with their CVT, but I believe in the 2016 models they've improved it and not many people have reported issues, I was skeptical at first as I purchased my first CVT but so far so good.

If you're interested to see previous issues especially on the 2014 vehicles just Google Nissan CVT Shudder, I believe Nissan did issue a recall/fix bulletin for this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6905 posts
5592 upvotes
Barn01 wrote: Buying New at $30K but dealer offers me $10K on my trade-in

Vs

Selling used vehicle for $10K on Kijiji
------
$30K + HST = $33,900
$33,900 - HST on 10K trade-in ($1300) = $32,600

Selling on Kijiji means you'll have to add the following:
$10k + $1300 + $20 (As is only) = $11320 to break even from trade-in value.
chances are if you can sell it on kijiji for only 11320, dealer is only giving you 8k on that as a trade.
almost always better to sell than trade unless you got damages. Then it could be a toss up.
Oct 2, 2012
466 posts
348 upvotes
Ottawa
mech9t5 wrote: chances are if you can sell it on kijiji for only 11320, dealer is only giving you 8k on that as a trade.
almost always better to sell than trade unless you got damages. Then it could be a toss up.
I agree, however someone on the forum was asking to buy someone's trade-in at cost and I just wanted to explain that selling private for the same price of trade-in is a losing deal for the seller. You need to ask more just to break even.
May 24, 2011
261 posts
34 upvotes
MONTR
2015 SL Premium here. Previously had a 2008 SL. The new model AWD system is noticeably better in the snow. If you can swing the SL Premium, the "around view" system is brilliant. My wife always hated parking lots and now finds parking a breeze. The night LED headlights are super bright - just like xenon's on BMW/Audi/etc. Makes a big difference for folks like us who live on an unlit country road. As other have said, the driving experience is somewhat dull, but we honestly dont care about that.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Barn01 wrote: You'll have to match the price + tax + UVIP + accept as is ... because the reason people trade in is to get the tax credit against the new purchase. So selling you used at the same price as trade in is actually more expensive to the seller than simply just trading it in.
Absolutely. I believe in fairness above all. Especially since it is a favour. But please remember, a lot of dealers inflate the trade-in price and compensate by not negotiating lower on the price. So it's best to negotiate saying no trade-in, then only throw that out at the very end. Then you get a true estimate of the cash they would pay.
Temp. Banned
Oct 13, 2010
169 posts
245 upvotes
toronto
2015 rouge. With a bug deflector and roof rack.

My driver side window makes a weird crack when opening the window.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
ccm2001 wrote: 2015 rouge. With a bug deflector and roof rack.

Well that's helpful...
Sep 26, 2007
197 posts
21 upvotes
The glass is a little loose in the retractor. Go back for warranty.

We have a 2015 SV and love it. Drove from London to Trenton this past weekend and averaged 6.8L/100km according to the built-in fuel economy gauge.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
ccm2001 wrote: 2015 rouge. With a bug deflector and roof rack.

Same!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
Electone wrote: The glass is a little loose in the retractor. Go back for warranty.

We have a 2015 SV and love it. Drove from London to Trenton this past weekend and averaged 6.8L/100km according to the built-in fuel economy gauge.
Hi Electone,
that's an excellent milage,
Its been a month since I bought my rogue, I am not able to break below 8.6L/100km with hwy.. Ofcourse I drive on 401..if that matter a lot..
I kept in ECO mode and drive very light foot as well..still not getting past 600Kms Range for full tank

any tips or should I wait until first oil change ??
Sep 26, 2007
197 posts
21 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: Hi Electone,
that's an excellent milage,
Its been a month since I bought my rogue, I am not able to break below 8.6L/100km with hwy.. Ofcourse I drive on 401..if that matter a lot..
I kept in ECO mode and drive very light foot as well..still not getting past 600Kms Range for full tank

any tips or should I wait until first oil change ??
Your engine is probably still breaking in. I find ECO mode just saps the life out of the engine, almost to the point of being dangerous. I leave mine in normal driving mode at all times.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
Electone wrote: Your engine is probably still breaking in. I find ECO mode just saps the life out of the engine, almost to the point of being dangerous. I leave mine in normal driving mode at all times.
Thanks for the info...i would love to put it in ECO mode but to save on gas, I compromised...
Interesting you are getting under 7L/100 with normal mode....that's terrific.

Btw, How long it took you from the purchase to get this milage ? or after how many oil changes?
Sep 26, 2007
197 posts
21 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: Thanks for the info...i would love to put it in ECO mode but to save on gas, I compromised...
Interesting you are getting under 7L/100 with normal mode....that's terrific.

Btw, How long it took you from the purchase to get this milage ? or after how many oil changes?
We've had it 10 months and it really started getting good this Spring. Of course, warmer weather = better fuel economy.
Mar 13, 2005
751 posts
477 upvotes
Electone wrote: We've had it 10 months and it really started getting good this Spring. Of course, warmer weather = better fuel economy.
We love our '15 SV way more than our '15 RAV4, and can get in the low 7Ls/100km quite regularly, and I've been able to poke under 7L/100km once. I leave ours in ECO and stay under 115km/hr, but the mileage really started to get better after about 10,000kms. If you learn how to "drive" the CVT you can really get some phenomenal mileage out of it.
Feb 7, 2014
319 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone have any issues with the battery on the fob draining? (Warning of 'no key detected' even though the engine was running) I have 2016 Rogue SL. Called dealership & brought both key fobs with me to the dealership and both were low (Still covered under the new car warranty.) I was told by the service person that the fob is constantly searching for a signal.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2900 posts
1583 upvotes
I own a 2015 Rogue S AWD for about a year. I quite like it. It drives nicely, its very comfortable, decent on gas (especially for a crossover), and I got a great deal on it.

The one thing I will say about the CVT in my particular car is that it doesn't seem to shift as efficiently as it should. In my cheapo chevy cobalt, the auto transmission would shift if you just accelerated and it reached a shift point. The CVT in my rogue theoretically has infinite gear ratios, but in practice it seems nissan has programmed in artificial shift points to make the car behave more like a automatic transmission. Often I find the car refuses to shift to the next ratio unless I let my foot off the gas, something I didn't need to do in my cobalt. What's the point of an infinitely geared transmission if you're just going to pretend its an auto transmission and make it inefficient? Or does my car need service/adjustment?

Does anyone with a rogue have a similar issue? Or is it just my car?
Sep 29, 2014
286 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I really like the deal you got. Op or anyone else can u send me a copy of the invoice and I can get the car to. Thanks for starting a thread I've been car shopping a lot and believe this is a pretty good deal
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Anyone got better deals these days?
Oct 23, 2016
69 posts
60 upvotes
OP can you please PM me salesperson/dealership you bought from ? And bos if possible. I wasn't able to PM you probably bc I'm newly registered. I also live in Sauga
Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)