Hot Deals

[Nissan] NISSAN LCN2 KAI NAVIGATION SYSTEM 2018 YEAR SD CARD V9.0 Nissan Map Update 2018 $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 5:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9222 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't forget HERE Maps as well. Free. Free.
dealzeeker wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:53 am
Lots of mapping free apps allow you to download map these days. Even Google maps allows you to download maps for offline use. You can even select only the areas that you need. So you don't have to over load your phone with map info that you won't use. There's no reason to be paying $$ for maps these days.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
3078 posts
1272 upvotes
Calgary
30$ to ship,what a joke.
I love my Koodo account.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1113 posts
376 upvotes
Laval
Driving with navigation without traffic is like knowing where you're going but not knowing when you will arrive
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4659 posts
3220 upvotes
GTA
cheney wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:34 am
Dont understand why downvote was given to OP. I know you may have multiple choices regarding car navigation, especially the free ones. It does not mean OP's deal is not good. For people, like myself, who enjoys using car navigation rather than any other systems, the promotion is great!
Yea, OP doesn't deserve downvote. Car companies that charge for updates do. It's still a deal for people who don't use smart phones or Garmin's with free updates.
Dreamrider wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 2:01 am
You want to talk about rip off, Mazada actually has Navi software built into their cars, but does not activate it unless you pay for it.
I guess if you didn't pay for it, you shouldn't get it but, it's already there ROFL
I hear you can pay some hacker to unlock it for fraction of what Mazada charges for navi
I actually find that less offensive than charging for map updates. People pay $1-2K for a nav system and they charge you $2-500 more for updates? That's scummy and most likely taking advantage of older people.

At least with Mazda you didn't pay for it, and can pay for it later or mod/hack it for free. Many products use the same system (Tesla, software companies, etc and even BMW 320 and 328 are the same engine but with different software for more power).
Mar 23, 2011
16 posts
1 upvote
Montréal
flipper316 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:51 pm
no wonder apple car play and android auto is a must in new cars nowadays. Just use google maps.Nissan, Infiniti, Lexus/Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda. Those are the major car companies that don't have single model in their lineup with carplay and android auto.
Nissan has cars with Carplay...Murano and maxima had it and 2018 models with 7inch and up dash screens will have it. The 2018 rogues that are going to the dealerships have them already. Just that Nissan has not really marketed it yet. It comes with carplay and android
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4659 posts
3220 upvotes
GTA
rai9191 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:00 am
I use waze for commuting in the city. The map i have now is from 2014 so lots of updates needed missing highways etc. Great for driving in the states no data roaming charges.
You should check the Nissan forums to see if there's an easy DIY for updates. You might be able to download the update yourself and copy it to an SD card.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2011
37 posts
28 upvotes
Wow I didn't know this post would cause so much controversie. First off you can use any thing you want to navigate the world. Just by looking at the Sun I can tell you what time it is and which way is north. I have a 2015 Nissan and never updated the map since i bought it off the lot. I took a new job later in 2015 and noticed part of the commute was missing. It didnt bother me much untill i came to find that updates were not free and actually 150usd plus 25usd shipping. Anyways I told myself that I would wait a few years if i ever bought
the update. Well the time has come. I will finally update my commute. So i checked the site and low and behold! Its on sale.

The morale of the story is wait and it will go on sale.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2011
37 posts
28 upvotes
I checked the forums there is an activation code so you cant bootleg the sd card
Aug 4, 2010
688 posts
274 upvotes
Not Winnipeg
Dreamrider wrote:
You want to talk about rip off, Mazada actually has Navi software built into their cars, but does not activate it unless you pay for it.
I guess if you didn't pay for it, you shouldn't get it but, it's already there ROFL
I hear you can pay some hacker to unlock it for fraction of what Mazada charges for navi
Ford does this too (or at least they used to).
Nov 21, 2017
83 posts
22 upvotes
bobert7 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:40 am
Nissan has cars with Carplay...Murano and maxima had it and 2018 models with 7inch and up dash screens will have it. The 2018 rogues that are going to the dealerships have them already. Just that Nissan has not really marketed it yet. It comes with carplay and android
oh ok cool.
Feb 18, 2005
306 posts
90 upvotes
Ottawa
bobert7 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:40 am

My 2017 Maxima has Apple Car play.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16288 posts
4936 upvotes
Ottawa
Dreamrider wrote:
ahhell wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 2:23 pm
Ford does this too (or at least they used to).
A $120 obd reader and free software can unlock GPS and more.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1160 posts
109 upvotes
Lévis
engineered wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:19 pm
Wow, what a rip that you even have to pay anything for it. Car companies are scum for charging $100+ for a simple software update.
Good deal I suppose if you have no other choice. Glad I have Waze.
As much as I agree with you, I'll be more than happy to pay 100$ instead of 250$ that toyota the crooks are charging for my 2010 prius for their crappy GPS...
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Nov 28th, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Sep 2, 2007
607 posts
108 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:19 pm
Wow, what a rip that you even have to pay anything for it. Car companies are scum for charging $100+ for a simple software update.
Good deal I suppose if you have no other choice. Glad I have Waze.
I have a 2012 Camry the navigation system is so bad I used it only once
When I got the car I programmed it to drive me home .......only about 20 kms
When I was close to home the "navigation system" directed me down a farmers lane close to my house
Lucky it did not direct me to drive into the lake that is the other direction