Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4659 posts
3220 upvotes
GTA
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:27 pm
Bilingual keyboard. Deal breaker.
+1, I'd kill myself if I had to use a bilingual keyboard. Does anyone want that? Even Quebecers?
Mar 10, 2008
918 posts
60 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:02 pm
+1, I'd kill myself if I had to use a bilingual keyboard. Does anyone want that? Even Quebecers?
I use multilingual but I acknowledge that I'm in the minority
Slightly Smiling Face
Apr 24, 2009
48 posts
18 upvotes
Ontario
Glancealot wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:06 pm
Price is 480, shipping is $20 (Canada Post Expedited Parcel), which is why it says $500 in the title.

Before you ask if this website is legit: use google

https://www.google.ca/search?&q=nmicrov ... gdeals.com

Deal Link(Copy and paste):
http://www.nmicrovip.ca/vivobook-core-i ... furbished/

Deal Link(Direct click):
http://www.nmicrovip.ca/vivobook-core-i ... furbished/

Act fast if you want one, won't last long at this price: dedicated GPU (Tier 2), good resolution, decent CPU, a ton of DDR4 (!) RAM (4+8)

23 left at time of post.
Good deal. But to upgrade from Window 10 Home 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro, is this Window 10 legit? And how much is it to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4659 posts
3220 upvotes
GTA
dgege wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:27 pm
I use multilingual but I acknowledge that I'm in the minority
Slightly Smiling Face
Do you prefer it?
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
The multilingual keyboard shouldn't get in a way of getting a good deal. Sure I would prefer what I am used to, but it's an adjustment of just a few keys. Should take no more than a week or two to touch type with the slightly new layout.
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
The only things missing from this deal are free shipping and good ol' ebates.
Jul 7, 2016
678 posts
368 upvotes
the shift on the left hand side is quite a bit shorteron a multilingual it makes a huge difference if you planned on playing games a bit. its actually quite annoying even for me being bilingual. I wouldn't take it.
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
waven101 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:03 am
the shift on the left hand side is quite a bit shorteron a multilingual it makes a huge difference if you planned on playing games a bit. its actually quite annoying even for me being bilingual. I wouldn't take it.
Yup, I see that. Also the enter key is a bit different. I'm not a gamer. Most games I play occasionally are casual ones or slow pace such as RTS so I don't see these two key differences as playing a big role but we shall see. In any event, aren't you allowed to customise your keys for just about any game out there? I am a bit more concerned for typing and word processing, but again I see this as only a technical matter that can be overcome by establishing a habit. I find that with practice I transfer most things to complete auto mode/rewire my brain in about 14-21 days, so for me it's not a big deal. I think most people are the same way like me, but don't like to feel the discomfort during the transition.
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
Can any past nmicrovip customers chime in on the quality of their refurbs? I know that most of the reviews are positive, but it's a rather small sample. Refurb.io also had a positive cadre of review initially but, as the website became popular on RFD, their reviews became much more mixed ,in terms of the unit condition and the company's customer service to address problems. Hope that's not the case here.
Oct 3, 2010
26 posts
15 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:23 am
Can any past nmicrovip customers chime in on the quality of their refurbs? I know that most of the reviews are positive, but it's a rather small sample. Refurb.io also had a positive cadre of review initially but, as the website became popular on RFD, their reviews became much more mixed ,in terms of the unit condition and the company's customer service to address problems. Hope that's not the case here.
I've only bought components from them, but so far so good. They're located in the Ottawa area if I recall if that would help for returns/order pickup.
Nov 21, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
JMCD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:32 am
I've only bought components from them, but so far so good. They're located in the Ottawa area if I recall if that would help for returns/order pickup.
Thanks. Will do an update after I get this refurb unit.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4659 posts
3220 upvotes
GTA
thelasthunter wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:12 am
Yup, I see that. Also the enter key is a bit different. I'm not a gamer. Most games I play occasionally are casual ones or slow pace such as RTS so I don't see these two key differences as playing a big role but we shall see. In any event, aren't you allowed to customise your keys for just about any game out there? I am a bit more concerned for typing and word processing, but again I see this as only a technical matter that can be overcome by establishing a habit. I find that with practice I transfer most things to complete auto mode/rewire my brain in about 14-21 days, so for me it's not a big deal. I think most people are the same way like me, but don't like to feel the discomfort during the transition.
If you use more than one PC (work, desktop, etc) normally you'll never develop a habit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7497 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
engineered wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:02 pm
no, but you can usually buy replacement english keyboards from various places on the internet. When I bought my acer laptop years ago (which I got a wicked deal by stacking coupons on it), I bought a new english keyboard for 20 bucks and swapped out the bilingual keyboard.