• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 1:27 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2011
39 posts
22 upvotes
Langley, BC

No 4K 2018 Olympics in Canada

Anyone else peeved about this? No TV service in Canada is offering the Olympics shown in 4K, while in the US, Dish, DirecTV and Comcast are all offering it.

Heck the main companies offering 4K content here are from the US - Amazon, Youtube, Netflix.
3 replies
Nov 13, 2014
131 posts
54 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Can't say I care because I don't watch the Olympics, but when it started I tried to find the channel (i'm with Videotron) and couldn't find it. I was really surprised since I got my 4k receiver since last Olympics 2 years ago, and they had it in 4k.

But Videotron sucks in the 4k realm. I believe they were the first to have a 4k receiver but they are the company with the less 4k content I believe ? They announced a 4K Indigo channel several months ago at channel 920 but it's still not there.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2011
39 posts
22 upvotes
Langley, BC
I'm not mad for the olympics but I enjoy having it on for the spectacle, which is what 4K is great for capturing. We're also seeing more adoption of affordable 4K TV sets so you would think that there would be more pressure for 4K live content.
theXshape wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 7:58 am
But Videotron sucks in the 4k realm. I believe they were the first to have a 4k receiver but they are the company with the less 4k content I believe ? They announced a 4K Indigo channel several months ago at channel 920 but it's still not there.
That's interesting they were the first to offer a 4K capable box. Shaw cable has refused to offer anything 4K at all so far, the Arris XG1v3 box they provide for BlueSky TV can't even handle 4K. The next version up, the Arris XG1v4, can, but I don't think there's any rollout of that yet.