Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 2:19 pm
considering i received 200+ emails from you i'd say it's working again
what was the issue?
We recently changed a bunch of infrastructure. Literally everywhere else we use "prod" to refer to our production environment...but phpBB is hung up on using "production". We didn't do that mapping for the automated tasks, so when the task that checks the queue ran it was looking for "prod/queue" instead of "production/queue". I fixed the mapping and woosh ~12k emails went out.
Mar 28, 2012
297 posts
69 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
I got it done! realized I forgot I needed to create that alias address.
Thanks
I am open! Let's get on with the hacking - I assume it vibrates?
Ref: Dazz
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
4937 posts
195 upvotes
Looks like the issue is back again. I have not received any update since Thursday (Feb 16) afternoon. Why is this happening?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8015 posts
12434 upvotes
Scarborough
There was a release yesterday afternoon which I'm guessing caused subscription emails to stop sending again. Dev is looking into it now. Should have an update soon.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Aug 26, 2003
255 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:38 pm
Things should be working again. I apologize for the downtime on subscription emails.
I still am not receiving subscription e-mails, do I need to do anything to get them going again?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2365 posts
397 upvotes
Ottawa
dowzer wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 10:37 pm
I still am not receiving subscription e-mails, do I need to do anything to get them going again?
Visit the thread.

It seems that if you don't visit the thread on your browser (while logged in), every X number of days, it stops email notifications to you :/
Aug 26, 2003
255 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa
Akitakara wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 12:33 am
Visit the thread.

It seems that if you don't visit the thread on your browser (while logged in), every X number of days, it stops email notifications to you :/
That's not the solution for my case - I already have been visiting the threads daily since I haven't been getting the e-mails. I certainly hope they haven't made changes that require you to periodically visit the threads to keep a subscription active.

Ironically I did get an instant e-mail notification on your reply, so I guess I'll try un/re-subscribing to the threads.
Aug 26, 2003
255 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa
dowzer wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 12:56 am
That's not the solution for my case - I already have been visiting the threads daily since I haven't been getting the e-mails. I certainly hope they haven't made changes that require you to periodically visit the threads to keep a subscription active.

Ironically I did get an instant e-mail notification on your reply, so I guess I'll try un/re-subscribing to the threads.
Still not getting any e-mails. What do I have to do to get someone to look into this?
May 2, 2005
611 posts
39 upvotes
Same problem -- emails stopped.
Aug 26, 2003
255 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:38 pm
Things should be working again. I apologize for the downtime on subscription emails.
Is anyone looking into this? It's been over 2 weeks since I stopped receiving subscription emails.
May 2, 2010
241 posts
53 upvotes
dowzer wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 5:11 am
Is anyone looking into this? It's been over 2 weeks since I stopped receiving subscription emails.
Same here, mine stopped about 2 weeks ago.