Tags:
[OP]
Apr 22, 2014
95 posts
6 upvotes
Gatineau

No fee bank account?

Hi,
I am fed up with Tangerine, what other option is there? I know of PC finance but i am in Qc and not allowed to open an account. What is left or any way around the Qc thing with PC?
At this point I am considering also other banks and keeping the minimum amount to get the fees waived, I am looking at a minimum of customers service and clearly not getting it with Tangerine.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
6 replies
Jun 29, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
PC Financial bank accounts are now transferred to Simplii Financial by CIBC. Simplii Financial will be online November 1. Why not wait till then and see if Simplii is available in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2614 posts
654 upvotes
You should consider the BMO bundled account

Free account, no minimum
Need to deposit $1500 a month which you can move out immediately.
Get a credit card and use it once a month
Online/ATM transactions only unless you can't do it online or at ATM
Oct 8, 2005
79 posts
16 upvotes
Longueuil
Alterna Bank: no fee, can use National Bank's ATMs so convinient in QC and they even have a branch in Gatineau. Can't talk about their customer service since I never called them.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2367 posts
1190 upvotes
Richmond
Most of the banks have a free account option, but the question is what services do you need?

Free cheques? Not many of those besides PCF.

Are you expecting your money to earn any significant interest? Probably not with a chequing account.

Unlimited free debit/credit transactions? None of the big banks offer that with a free account, but many of the secondary institutions do.

Free Interac email transfers? Some accounts offer a couple free per month.