Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
No Frills

- $0.97 Breyers frozen dessert after C51

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2015 10:21 pm
Aug 17, 2008
481 posts
262 upvotes

[No Frills] - $0.97 Breyers frozen dessert after C51

Breyers frozen dessert on sale for $1.97 at No Frills. Checkout 51 has $1 cash back until Wednesday (limit of 2).
30 replies
Sep 29, 2010
113 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
hvargas wrote: Breyers Ice cream on sale for $1.97 at No Frills. Checkout 51 has $1 cash back until Wednesday (limit of 2).
Does that apply to the ice cream or the frozen dessert which is.....
Aug 17, 2008
481 posts
262 upvotes
parthent wrote: Does that apply to the ice cream or the frozen dessert which is.....
I... actually don't know how you meant to finish this sentence lol.

I didn't buy it myself (try not to keep too many sweets at home) but figured someone might be able to take advantage of this, even if it isn't the best quality apparently lol. It's less than the price of a cone at the ice cream truck...
Aug 7, 2015
202 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What or where is "Checkout 51?" I've seen it mentioned in another No Frills thread I believe, but I never understood what it meant.

Is this checkout system exclusive to No Frills?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Niroxu wrote: What or where is "Checkout 51?" I've seen it mentioned in another No Frills thread I believe, but I never understood what it meant.

Is this checkout system exclusive to No Frills?
it's an app that you can download from google play store or apple app store
Aug 17, 2008
481 posts
262 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: it's an app that you can download from google play store or apple app store
Just to add onto that, every week the app will give cashback discounts to your C51 account if you make specific purchases. You attain these discounts by taking a photo of the receipt with proof of purchase. Once you reach a certain threshold (I believe $25) you can request a cheque be mailed out to you.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
hvargas wrote: I... actually don't know how you meant to finish this sentence lol.

I didn't buy it myself (try not to keep too many sweets at home) but figured someone might be able to take advantage of this, even if it isn't the best quality apparently lol. It's less than the price of a cone at the ice cream truck...
If you bought his once for yourself, you would not buy it again. This stuff is absolutely gross! It does not even melt!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
hvargas wrote: Just to add onto that, every week the app will give cashback discounts to your C51 account if you make specific purchases. You attain these discounts by taking a photo of the receipt with proof of purchase. Once you reach a certain threshold (I believe $25) you can request a cheque be mailed out to you.
It's $20
Jan 20, 2013
61 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
bridonca wrote: If you bought his once for yourself, you would not buy it again. This stuff is absolutely gross! It does not even melt!
Correct! Absolutely disgusting stuff... I bought it once by mistake, thinking it was ice cream. Blechhhh..
Feb 21, 2014
448 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who eats this stuff should take a good look at themselves. You can do better.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
I wondered why Breyers would be celebrating the passage of controversial Bill C51, the one that makes Canada into a police state. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
From the comments I'm guessing it's the blue container...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
In Soviet Russia, frozen dessert eat YOU!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
bridonca wrote: If you bought his once for yourself, you would not buy it again. This stuff is absolutely gross! It does not even melt!
It's not ice cream, it's frozen dessert lol.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
DPyro wrote: It's not ice cream, it's frozen dessert lol.
Oh dear. Now there's a slogan.Lol
Jan 8, 2015
26 posts
5 upvotes
Outremont, QC
DPyro wrote: It's not ice cream, it's frozen dessert lol.
In fact, Breyers can't legally be called 'ice cream': it doesn't meet the formal definition.

It can, however, be referred to as 'frozen dessert', 'ice confection', 'flavourless chilled crud', and any one of a hundred analogous terms. Just not 'ice cream'. Ever.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
+1, shocked me when I left some in a bowl and it didn't melt

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)