Hot Deals

No Frills EAST: $1 sale: 10lb potatoes, 1/2 pint blackberries, kale, 3lb carrots/onions, $1lb Pork picnic shoulder roast

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 5:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1276 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto

No Frills EAST: $1 sale: 10lb potatoes, 1/2 pint blackberries, kale, 3lb carrots/onions, $1lb Pork picnic shoulder roast

Price:
$1
Expiry:
November 8, 2017
No Frills is having another dollar sale, Nov 2-8. All $1 each: 10lb potatoes, 1/2 pint blackberries, bunch kale, 3lb carrots/onions, 400ml Nestle Rolo or Oreo ice cream, Unico pasta, etc.

There's also Pork picnic shoulder roast for $1/lb,, though I would pass on that--there's usually way too much fat and bone.
Last edited by Kfox on Nov 1st, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1238 posts
568 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Nice deals. With the celery that was on sale a week ago this sale leads to making soups with the cooler/cold weather coming around.

Bought like 15-20 stalks of celery last week at IIRC .99 . My dehydrator has been running non stop to dry as much as possible for storage. Now all we need are dehydrators to come on sale for everyone to take more advantage of the sales and stock up.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Sep 12, 2017
132 posts
15 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 7:52 pm
Nice deals. With the celery that was on sale a week ago this sale leads to making soups with the cooler/cold weather coming around.

Bought like 15-20 stalks of celery last week at IIRC .99 . My dehydrator has been running non stop to dry as much as possible for storage. Now all we need are dehydrators to come on sale for everyone to take more advantage of the sales and stock up.
Is dry celery in soups any good compared to fresh? Do you cut them up for dehydrating?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1427 posts
352 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
reggyDeal wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 8:04 pm
Is dry celery in soups any good compared to fresh? Do you cut them up for dehydrating?
We buy lots of celery when it's on sale. It keeps forever in the fridge. But when it starts going brown, hubby just cuts the stalks into bite-sized pieces and freezes it in Ziplocs. It cooks fine after being frozen.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4922 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 4:01 pm
No Frills is having another dollar sale, Nov 2-8. All $1 each: 10lb potatoes, 1/2 pint blackberries, bunch kale, 3lb carrots/onions, 400ml Nestle Rolo or Oreo ice cream, Unico pasta, etc.

There's also Pork picnic shoulder roast for $1/lb,, though I would pass on that--there's usually way too much fat and bone.
Mix all those together you get a nice stew..
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Aug 24, 2016
6 posts
8 upvotes
Canada
hoob wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:03 pm
mmm rolo and oreo stew lol
decent potato deal though
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1427 posts
352 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
OP, you should maybe add East Only or Ontario Only or something like that to your post header. Here in B.C., we're not as lucky with these prices. We don't get the $1 potatoes at all and the carrots are $1, but for two pounds, not three. I already had plans for those $1 potatoes. :(
Oct 14, 2013
177 posts
119 upvotes
Interesting.. never thought of freezing celery
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1427 posts
352 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
pishahasha wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:07 am
Interesting.. never thought of freezing celery
You can freeze so many fruits and veggies raw! We live in an area where you can get lots of cheap produce during the summer. We have a freezer, but we're too lazy to parboil or blanche anything. So we just got used to cutting our fruits and veggies, putting them in Ziplocs and freezing them raw. That includes peaches, nectarines, plums, tomatoes, cherries, onions and zucchini.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1276 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
TheHans wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:51 pm
OP, you should maybe add East Only or Ontario Only or something like that to your post header. Here in B.C., we're not as lucky with these prices. We don't get the $1 potatoes at all and the carrots are $1, but for two pounds, not three. I already had plans for those $1 potatoes. :(
change made
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1276 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
hoob wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:03 pm
...and/or soup....They also have Campbells 900ml broths on sale for $1
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1469 posts
443 upvotes
Some stores finally placed a sign with limits for potato chips of 6, bag of potatoes 2. I did see some guy buy like 15 beef broths, and he put that in those plastic milk carton holders.