Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
No Frills

Extreme YMMV Sharp 32" $99.94, LG sound bar $59.94

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 8:40 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
at markham/steeles, prices for the TV went up to $129.97
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Tommy74 wrote: BestBuy at Mavis and Britania has plenty of those. If not, there is Costco across the street. They sell them too.
This thread is on the no frills deal in the 32" sharp and LG sound bar, so it's obvious thats what I'm referring to.
Jul 14, 2014
376 posts
182 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Picked up a tv from McLaughlin and Derry

They are not on display anymore

Have to ask them to get it from the back
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
Brewmeanie wrote: at markham/steeles, prices for the TV went up to $129.97
I don't think they went down to $99 at that location.how many TVs were left when you were there?

Trying to get one east Toronto/Scarborough/Pickering area
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
ApeShmtCrazy wrote: Never enough TV's. You can setup one in the bathroom so you won't miss a play or a highlight! You won't need your cellphone to beat the devil out of your bowels.
Tablets are generally best for bathroom lol. I though about mounting a tv before but when i actually looked over the space or lack of space, its not worth doing. On top of that moisture from the shower probably isnt ideal for a tv.

Instead i just use a cheap 10” acer tablet for that purpose (older version of the one on sale @$150 bf).
Jun 12, 2017
558 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
Paigne wrote: Tablets are generally best for bathroom lol. I though about mounting a tv before but when i actually looked over the space or lack of space, its not worth doing. On top of that moisture from the shower probably isnt ideal for a tv.

Instead i just use a cheap 10” acer tablet for that purpose (older version of the one on sale @$150 bf).
If they can do it in Cribs, you can do it in real life. Why would I pay $50 more for 22 less inches?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
ApeShmtCrazy wrote: If they can do it in Cribs, you can do it in real life. Why would I pay $50 more for 22 less inches?
Cause you need more than just a tv...

You need a mount, a input source of some sort, etc

Also like i said, most washroom dont have the room unless you want to mount a tv on the door.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6891 upvotes
Scarberia
Paigne wrote: Cause you need more than just a tv...

You need a mount, a input source of some sort, etc

Also like i said, most washroom dont have the room unless you want to mount a tv on the door.
for a tv in washroom u gotta be sittin on the can for a long time! #deadlegs
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 12, 2017
558 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
mikka2017 wrote: for a tv in washroom u gotta be sittin on the can for a long time! #deadlegs
lol #tinglybutt
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
abkdt41 wrote: Picked up a tv from McLaughlin and Derry

They are not on display anymore

Have to ask them to get it from the back
Wonder If they still have some in stock. Need go grab a tv or at the very least a sound bar
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Jonstar1 wrote: Any tablets or TVs spotted in London or area?
Which No Frills in London sell Electronics? Has anyone checked, I am sure by now, everything is gone.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
Another surprise: Although manual says it USB port can only read USB flash drives, it's able to read a WD Elements portable hard drive.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2325 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Please let me know if you guys see the sound bar in GTA
Jan 25, 2015
206 posts
87 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Anyone who bought the LG SJ1 soundbar, how do you like it? It's priced at $99 in NS at Superstore. Not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm in the market for a half decent soundbar.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
SillyBear wrote: Anyone who bought the LG SJ1 soundbar, how do you like it? It's priced at $99 in NS at Superstore. Not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm in the market for a half decent soundbar.

Thanks
I don't own this but have been following the thread since I'll be in the market for one soonish...

My take is that the LG SJ1 has 2x 20W (40W total) speakers and a typical TV these days has 2x 10W speakers (20W total). So IMO while it may be better than the built in TV speakers, at $100 you may as well spend another $50ish and buy something that would give you much more value.

My experience on soundbars goes as far as Google... but this one claims to have 130W of output and is priced at just $150: https://www.costco.ca/Samsung-HW-K360-S ... 08515.html
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Howitzer1 wrote: I don't own this but have been following the thread since I'll be in the market for one soonish...

My take is that the LG SJ1 has 2x 20W (40W total) speakers and a typical TV these days has 2x 10W speakers (20W total). So IMO while it may be better than the built in TV speakers, at $100 you may as well spend another $50ish and buy something that would give you much more value.

My experience on soundbars goes as far as Google... but this one claims to have 130W of output and is priced at just $150: https://www.costco.ca/Samsung-HW-K360-S ... 08515.html
Remember more watt only means louder... there are many other factors and for home use, you aren’t likely to use even 10w speakers at max (at least not likely). Also remember efficiency also makes a difference... ie 10w at 95% efficiency is better than 20w at 30% (example no where near real %).
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
Paigne wrote: Remember more watt only means louder... there are many other factors and for home use, you aren’t likely to use even 10w speakers at max (at least not likely). Also remember efficiency also makes a difference... ie 10w at 95% efficiency is better than 20w at 30% (example no where near real %).
Good to know, thanks! And when you say efficiency, are you talking about Energy Star rating or something else? I've never seen "efficiency" as a listed metric...
Dec 13, 2009
154 posts
49 upvotes
London
Just found one of the sound bars while going through checkout at Stratford, ON No Frills. I did not see any other units though. Thanks OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)