Shopping Discussion

Locked: No Frills is Now Part of the PC Plus Points Program!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 5:32 am
Tags:
None
Jun 6, 2007
345 posts
52 upvotes
I really don't get excited about this. I personally don't like how the PC+ point loyalty program works. You only get point on very limited stuff and you have "load" the offer before you go shopping, if you don't use the PC debit card or credit card. Personally, I like the Shopper's optimum card much better. Hope Loblaw's can learn from the Shoppers
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2617 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
taigong wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 4:10 pm
I really don't get excited about this. I personally don't like how the PC+ point loyalty program works. You only get point on very limited stuff and you have "load" the offer before you go shopping, if you don't use the PC debit card or credit card. Personally, I like the Shopper's optimum card much better. Hope Loblaw's can learn from the Shoppers
I agree, and have told them such. The extra step of "loading" is just that, an extra step serving no purpose.
coupondiva2012 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 4:06 pm
-- may need to call to get your points awarded.
Or just submit it through the app.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4818 posts
3612 upvotes
Toronto
taigong wrote:
If that really how it works for the point card, that sucks.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13898 posts
4102 upvotes
Montreal
but if you do load the offers and follow the weekly deals you can make serious coin. for a family, you can rack up the points when those $10 for $100 or $25 for $250 offers pop up (along with the regular points), and in about a year and a half, we have over $380 on our account. I am planning on buying an xbox one during a no-tax weekend real soon.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11602 posts
14795 upvotes
sheriffabc wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 2:14 pm
For those who are closer to Superstore - they price match NO Frills and also you get pts on your PC card. I too avoid shopping at NO Frills if I can help it - the stores and service at Superstore is much better AND they also match other stores incl Loblaws, Shoppers, Food Basics etc.
That's true but not everyone live near a Superstore. They are few and far between. No Frills are smaller and have less inventory, services, etc. They are more like neighbourhood grocery stores.
adamtheman wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 2:46 pm
There's 10 locations in BC now, and growing.
There is a brand new one in Vancouver, in the East Hastings/Clark Drive area, in the former Canadian Tire Store location.
Have a nice day!

Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2681 upvotes
ON
I knew it was coming to Ontario soon as my last few PC plus emails have had the nofrills banner instead of the usual superstore one.
Jan 18, 2007
663 posts
291 upvotes
Edmonton
At the back of the flyer in Alberta, the following appears; as stated earlier, there are no PC Points deals in the flyer, but if you spend $75 or over you get 7500 PC points.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q4j99ZMl.png?1[/IMG]
Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24263 posts
1524 upvotes
Markham, ON
taigong wrote:
Loblaws would be bankrupt if they charged Whole Food prices on low/mid end groceries...that's one of the way Shoppers can fund the Optimum program (the other way is cosmetics have huge markups)

you can buy most items from Shoppers at no frill / loblaws at a fraction of the price.
Dec 5, 2009
41 posts
18 upvotes
Hope these marketing tracking cards(aka PC points card) don't become as widespread in the east as they seem to be in the West. Soon you won't be able to get the sale price without producing your card.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
My store is getting the points system on Friday. Yey, and I can confirm that VIsa works at NoFrills, just tell them you are paying via MasterCard and quietly tap your visa :D
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3741 posts
1125 upvotes
Ontario
flyer744 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 6:51 pm
Hope these marketing tracking cards(aka PC points card) don't become as widespread in the east as they seem to be in the West. Soon you won't be able to get the sale price without producing your card.
if no frills out east has sales like safeway out west, I'll gladly carry 10 cards with me
Jul 7, 2011
515 posts
200 upvotes
Etobicoke, Canada
So we can redeem points balance at No-frills now? nice!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6737 upvotes
Toronto
I checked the link and the FAQ says there are 3 ways of joining. I don't mind signing up using the app, but I am tired of getting cards. Is there any additional points given for having the PC plus card?