Shopping Discussion

Locked: No Frills is Now Part of the PC Plus Points Program!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 5:32 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
967 upvotes
Yellowknife
igob8a wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 4:06 pm
I hope this won't cause prices to increase in the long run
you are always able to vote with your $$
if they raise the price, go elsewhere or price match -- they'll catch on eventually :idea:
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1025 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
will888 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 8:29 pm
I don't mind signing up using the app, but I am tired of getting cards. Is there any additional points given for having the PC plus card?
If you already have a PC Financial debit card, you don't need the PC Plus card, but you do have to present your card twice each time you pay. First it has to be swiped to get the points, and then again to pay for the order. This is a pain and I think it's ridiculous, but they tell me that's just the way it works.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3605 posts
1557 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
junot111 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 2:42 pm
I went to a nofrills in Hamilton recently and they accepted Visa.
I think the machines at all NF can accept visa, they just choose not to. The cashiers get in trouble if someone uses a VISA, at least at my local NF.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3203 posts
628 upvotes
In Quebec it is Maxi - apparently they too have quietly implemented the PCPLUS program . . . going to have to start bringing my card with me when I do the groceries.
Jun 14, 2012
401 posts
36 upvotes
b0ne wrote:
Sep 16th, 2014 6:42 am
I think the machines at all NF can accept visa, they just choose not to. The cashiers get in trouble if someone uses a VISA, at least at my local NF.
visa usually costs more for the store to accept than mastercard as visa has more points programs I believe( I could be wrong)
Apr 22, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
CHILLIWACK
I would consider this a "Frill"?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
967 upvotes
Yellowknife
taigong wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 4:10 pm
I really don't get excited about this. I personally don't like how the PC+ point loyalty program works. You only get point on very limited stuff and you have "load" the offer before you go shopping, if you don't use the PC debit card or credit card. Personally, I like the Shopper's optimum card much better. Hope Loblaw's can learn from the Shoppers
PC Plus also works at the gas stations:
Independent Gas Bar
Loblaws Gas
No Frills Gas
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
967 upvotes
Yellowknife
JackWhyte wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 4:49 pm
but if you do load the offers and follow the weekly deals you can make serious coin. for a family, you can rack up the points when those $10 for $100 or $25 for $250 offers pop up (along with the regular points), and in about a year and a half, we have over $380 on our account. I am planning on buying an xbox one during a no-tax weekend real soon.
I really liked the spend $80 and get 20,000/$20 in PC Plus points on a no tax weekend, last summer.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4025 posts
655 upvotes
Richmond
tkl wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 11:23 am
It would be great if T&T was part of the PC plus point program too.
tnt CEO is too cheap to do so. give people free groceries? NO WAY. according to a thread in rfd they pulled out of the original pc points program beginning of 2013
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3433 posts
677 upvotes
tkl wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 11:23 am
It would be great if T&T was part of the PC plus point program too.
bluebellrose wrote:
Sep 16th, 2014 8:04 pm
tnt CEO is too cheap to do so. give people free groceries? NO WAY. according to a thread in rfd they pulled out of the original pc points program beginning of 2013
It shouldn't be her call since Loblaws owns T&T, not her.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4025 posts
655 upvotes
Richmond
found the thread redeeming-pc-points-tnt-gift-card-1006784/

Maybe she insisted on calling the shots? ANYHOW, there is a new chinese grocer in my area that's stealing customers away from tnt. Eventually they'll have to cave in and go back to the pc points program. Seems to me they are trying to avoid joining pc points no matter what. Recently they launched their own loyalty program. hAHAHA. It's more like spend x amount get x item free which is at the rest of the loblaws banners. USed to be spend x amount and buy this item for x price otherwise they charge you x more. Only changed it to free item with min purchase amount reduced to $20 and can accumulate over multiple shopping trips to exchange for x item for free.

IMO, shoppers will probably release pc plus or integrate it somehow with their optimum card before tnt joins the fray hahaha.
Dec 2, 2005
14 posts
b0ne wrote:
Sep 16th, 2014 6:42 am
Considering that PCF partners with MC as their CC provider, they probably get lower merchant fees than Visa or Amex. Since NF is considered a discount brand, it makes total sense to lower expenses within their banner.

I have wondered why I get digital points offerings for products that I have never bought at Loblaws or Fortinos but may have from NoFrills. It makes me to worry just how much information they get regarding all transactions on their branded PCF CC at their stores regardless of whether you are a PC Plus member or not.

As a side note, I remember chatting with a cashier at Loblaws a few months ago and he mentioned that PC Plus will eventually make it to NoFrills. Part of the delay was that they had to roll out the proximity card readers and led barcode scanners before being able to bring the program to the banner. Loblaws appeared to be the first, followed by Fortinos, and now NoFrills.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
- PC Plus went though Superstore/Lowblaws first and as introduction to the program. There were TWO reasons it never made it to NoFrills... Until now.

1) They WANTED you to go to the SuperStore. It was their plan all along to get more people to checkout at RCSS. The RCSS is Lowblaws baby.
2) PC Plus was originally going to hit NoFrills MONTHS ago, but Loblaws had to research to find a way to not lose too much money on the deal.
The end result is, you won't find any points offers in the flyer like you do RCSS. You only gain points off offers loaded on your PCPlus card.

PCPlus exists for 2 reasons. After looking into the Shoppers Optimum card program, they released it actually draws a TON of people to the store.
The money they make, far exceeds the money they give away in points.
The other reason is that Loblaws started the whole grocery price matching thing to combat Walmart. Once EVERYONE started price matching, it was
no longer an exclusive loblaws promotion. So how do you get people to shop at your store and not the other guys? Price matching? Nope. That didn't
work... A loyalty rewards card. BINGO!

However, I think you'll find now that NoFrills is on PCPlus, you won't see any "Spend $50 and get 10,000 points" offers anymore. Chances are it will be
for things that Nofrills doesn't have. Like electonics and housewares.

Remember to wave at your Walmart/Food Basics while you drive past it on your way to Nofrills.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11179 posts
3191 upvotes
Toronto
yb007 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2014 7:40 am
Pc points now accepted at no frills
just received a letter in the mail
I saw a post on RFD last week
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2954 posts
2762 upvotes
Vancouver
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 12:33 pm
or waiting an hour cause bloks like to bring a stack of flyers to pm everything during check out...
Hmmmm... Maybe folks from Redflagdeals?!?!? ;)
"Totally fed up with that 'Political correctness' BS... If I don't like it - you will likely hear it. "
Q.T.